New Chainfire3D OpenGL Driver

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Guest Delnar_Ersike

I was browsing some popular apps and found this a 3rd party OpenGL driver called Chainfire3D. I installed it, enabled both memory usage decreasing settings, and experienced a huge performance boost in 3D games. However, I did experience a couple black textures on various models.

Note, I'm using CM7.1 Nightly Build 80 with a fixed version of DarkTremor's scripts. My CPU is using the lagfree governor and overclocked @998Mhz, Compcache is enabled and set to 26%, swap is enabled and my device is using a 256MB swap partition on my Class 4 SD card, I have dithering disabled, I have asset purging enabled, all Advanced tweaks in AutoKiller Memory Manager are enabled, AutoKiller settings are set to 60/70/80, and SD cache is set to 2048.

Market Link here.

Link to the XDA thread here.

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx

will it improve the 3d performance of gameloft hd game?seens nothing change?

Edited by xdxdxdxdxdx

Guest Lens_flare

OMG THE Famous Chainfire :P

This drivers may damage your device, use at your own risk. Just read about S200 and this.

My CPU is using the lagfree governor and overclocked @998Mhz, Compcache is enabled and set to 26%, swap is enabled and my device is using a 256MB swap partition on my Class 4 SD card, I have dithering disabled, I have asset purging enabled, all Advanced tweaks in AutoKiller Memory Manager are enabled, AutoKiller settings are set to 60/70/80, and SD cache is set to 2048.

Ehm.. with this params I think any game will get great perfomance boost even without drivers :rolleyes:

Guest Delnar_Ersike

This drivers may damage your device, use at your own risk. Just read about S200 and this.

Ehm.. with this params I think any game will get great perfomance boost even without drivers :rolleyes:

Not true: before using this driver, I had massive lagspikes in many 3D games with textures (Dungeon Defenders and Contract Killer for example; they would run well for ~10 seconds, then spike for ~15 seconds, then run well again for ~5-10 seconds, then repeat). By using the driver and reducing texture size, these games ran completely smooth at minimal loss of quality IMO. However, reducing the texture size produces a huge drop in quality for 2D games and some basic 3D games might look funny with the reduced texture size (like SpeedX 3D), so it's probably best to only turn it on when you're about to run a game that can take advantage of it.

Guest Thmz159

Hmm really interesting to try.

Btw; Doesn't the compcache setting slow down your device? Because 26% requires a lot of your processor, and you have 256 mb swap.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Btw; Doesn't the compcache setting slow down your device? Because 26% requires a lot of your processor, and you have 256 mb swap.

It should, but based on benchmarks and personal experience, the tradeoff is worth it for me (the "extra" RAM's performance boost is greater than the performance hit caused by compression). What I still do not know (as I've had variable results) is whether using compcache with a swap partition is also worth it, and if it is, at what setting is it optimal.

I've spent about a half an hour searching on Google for any possible topics about bricked devices running Chainfire's graphic drivers, and I've yet to find one. Though his (or her, but let's assume it's his) other tweaks might cause hardware unreliability, so far the only errors/glitches his OpenGL drivers cause are easily reversible by simply turning features off or uninstalling the app (after a proper unhooking procedure within the app, IIRC).

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx

this app is really awesome!!!we can pretend our liquid to be a tegra 2 device and can run tegra only games such as Samurai II: Vengeance.

Guest studjuice

Wow this is really cool. I'm surprised at how smooth the 3D is now. And I've only enabled the Reduce Texture Quality setting, which seems like the same thing as disabling surface dithering for normal apps

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx
xdxdxdxd did you trying to run tegra games ?:P do they work>?>:rolleyes:

yep. XD i can play Samurai II: Vengeance now!!!

Guest fischschneehase
are you sure? i just installed them and samurai 2 is not working

is it notr workin because the game says you have no tegra?:Dthen you have to buy pro version and install the market trick;)

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx

guys need install NVIDIA patch at first...

if you meet black texture when play Samurai II: Vengeance.just lock and unlock screen ;-)

Edited by xdxdxdxdxdx

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx
Hey guys!

I see on the application description that it is for 1ghz devices only. Does it work on a non overclock A1?

it works.

Guest lgcmn
I've downloaded the plug in but when I search it in the sd the app says that there aren't plug in to install...what I have to do?

Sorry for stupid question but I'm a noob... :-)

Unrar archive to sd and run Chainfire3D)

Guest lgcmn
Can someone explain me hot to set this app in the right way???

1. ur rom must be rooted

2. install Chainfire3D from market

3. download this FILE and unrar it to any folder on SD (u will get 3 zip archives)

4. open Cf3D - install CF3D driver - reboot

5. open Cf3D - install plugin - install 3 plugins (it should find them automatically)

6. Default OpenGL settings - Use plugin - for examle NVIDIA

7. enjoy playing Tegra games)

Guest DiloSkoRpiOn
1. ur rom must be rooted

3. download this FILE and unrar it to any folder on SD (u will get 3 zip archives)

5. open Cf3D - install plugin - install 3 plugins (it should find them automatically)

Will Asphalt 6 work perfectly whit this drivers?

Guest ilmigliore95
1. ur rom must be rooted

thank you very much!!!!