Question of USB MODE Switching(Corvus5 rom)

Guest IaMHcG

Guest IaMHcG

Hi, I just flashed the newest Corvus5 and everything seemed fine. Then I switched my Vega to USB HOST MODE as the instructions (which is powering up, then hold the back key till the booting process finished).

There was no problem, I successfully switched to HOST mode --- and then I stuck there.

Somehow my vega just cannot switch back to Slave mode any more. I followed the exactly steps as I switched to host mode, but it just wouldn't work. Now I cannot use USB CABLE to connect to my computer. Can anyone please help me out? Please please please.

By the way , the "USB MODE INDICATOR" apk cannot work on my vega. It just forced shut down. any idea why this happened?

thanks for helping, guys.

Guest IaMHcG
What happens if you restart your Vega and don't hold down the back button now?

wait a minute. It changed back to Slave mode! Now I got it. It switchs back to slave mode everytime I do a normal boot right?

thanks. This helps me a lot!!!

--

by the way, this brings up another new question. Now that it's in slave mode. My pc seems unable to read the SD card. It can only be read through VEGA tools. I didn't partition it to EXT patition, it's supposed to be FAT32. Any idea why it became this way? thanks.

Edited by IaMHcG

Guest beepo666

If you boot without holding down the back button it goes to slave, booting with the button down goes into host.

If you are in slave and want to get to the drive find the notifications area for your rom (pull down from top maybe?) and click on USB Connection, then 'turn on USB storage'.

Remember that when you've finished the process for disconnecting is the same as any other external drive, as follows...

Close any explorer windows that are browsing your device.

'Eject' the device from Windows using the little icon in the system tray (bottom right of the screen next to the clock)

Wait for Windows to tell you it's safe to disconnect your device.

Turn off USB Storage on the Vega.

Hope that helps.

Guest IaMHcG
If you boot without holding down the back button it goes to slave, booting with the button down goes into host....

Thanks. This helps so much.

Now I know how to use it. Thanks guys. ^^