Dell Streak stuck on logo after trying to root with SuperOneClick

Guest Edgars

Guest Edgars

Hi, out there,

Before I start, I'm absolute newb regarding android stuff, and seems wasn't clever enough to gather pretty much info before started.

I have a Streak 5 directly from Dell, delivered with 1.6, which i OTA updated to 2.1, later to 2.2. Everything officially, no customization. A while later I realized a need to get rid of default preinstalled softs on 2.2. like ooVoo stuff and CoPilot etc.

So, read in forums that the phone should be rooted. As i got no idea, just found the soft to run on PC and connected my phone, soft called SuperOneClick, tried v.1.7 then v1.9, as it started the rooting process, but never completed.

Yes I did wrong not knowing exactly what I'm doing.

After SuperOneclick I was stuck Dell Logo. I'm able to access superboot dialog, able to get to recovery module, BUT as I don't have a recovery made before started to experiment, I have nothing to recover :P

Tried to put latest update on the SD card, named update.pkg and put an update.zip as well tried start those, the phone starts the procedure and after a sec or two stops.

Then I tried something called "r1-6941-streak-superboot", but as I understand probably I fckd everything up even more, as as far as I understand it's not for version 2.2. The thind wonder was "1.4-liquid-superboot.zip" .... The same situation.

I'm able to access all the modes (I know) Nandroid menu etc but thats it. Everyone on the forums tells how to fix if you are prepared for such situations, I'm as told a total newbe, but I don't believe my pfone is totally crewed.

Isn't there any like Total reset image or smth which flashes phone back? My guess is that the SuperOneClick app just crashed some kind of starting files, maybe I'm blshitting, anyway, any clever idea, please!

Great phone, no cool to turn on my old symbian again :rolleyes:

I've tried to Factory reset it says starting factory reset, reboots, than reboots once more and stops on Dell Logo.

Software undate via SD card leads me to Dell Logo with exclamation mark, pressing Power button leads me to Android System Recovery 2e v.0.3.2.6 beta And I have choices:

-reboot system now, - helps me with nothing

-apply sdcard:update.zip - starts for a second and stops again at Logo with exclamation

-wipe data/factory reset -

-wipe cache partition - it completes the task saying Cache wipe complete.

-advanced: which leads me to nandroid, wipw dalvik cache, wipe battery stats, fix permissions etc....

Any good advice will be appreciated...

Guest Niraj Kumar
Hi, out there,

Before I start, I'm absolute newb regarding android stuff, and seems wasn't clever enough to gather pretty much info before started.

I have a Streak 5 directly from Dell, delivered with 1.6, which i OTA updated to 2.1, later to 2.2. Everything officially, no customization. A while later I realized a need to get rid of default preinstalled softs on 2.2. like ooVoo stuff and CoPilot etc.

So, read in forums that the phone should be rooted. As i got no idea, just found the soft to run on PC and connected my phone, soft called SuperOneClick, tried v.1.7 then v1.9, as it started the rooting process, but never completed.

Yes I did wrong not knowing exactly what I'm doing.

After SuperOneclick I was stuck Dell Logo. I'm able to access superboot dialog, able to get to recovery module, BUT as I don't have a recovery made before started to experiment, I have nothing to recover :P

Tried to put latest update on the SD card, named update.pkg and put an update.zip as well tried start those, the phone starts the procedure and after a sec or two stops.

Then I tried something called "r1-6941-streak-superboot", but as I understand probably I fckd everything up even more, as as far as I understand it's not for version 2.2. The thind wonder was "1.4-liquid-superboot.zip" .... The same situation.

I'm able to access all the modes (I know) Nandroid menu etc but thats it. Everyone on the forums tells how to fix if you are prepared for such situations, I'm as told a total newbe, but I don't believe my pfone is totally crewed.

Isn't there any like Total reset image or smth which flashes phone back? My guess is that the SuperOneClick app just crashed some kind of starting files, maybe I'm blshitting, anyway, any clever idea, please!

Great phone, no cool to turn on my old symbian again :rolleyes:

I've tried to Factory reset it says starting factory reset, reboots, than reboots once more and stops on Dell Logo.

Software undate via SD card leads me to Dell Logo with exclamation mark, pressing Power button leads me to Android System Recovery 2e v.0.3.2.6 beta And I have choices:

-reboot system now, - helps me with nothing

-apply sdcard:update.zip - starts for a second and stops again at Logo with exclamation

-wipe data/factory reset -

-wipe cache partition - it completes the task saying Cache wipe complete.

-advanced: which leads me to nandroid, wipw dalvik cache, wipe battery stats, fix permissions etc....

Any good advice will be appreciated...

Please download MultiRecovery Flasher and flash the recovery of the same version as your update.pkg is. Once flashed with right recovery, you will be able to restore from Update.pkg from SD Card. If you fail in this, Download QDL Tool and run that. This will do all but follow the guide and ensure all required drivers are installed. It's better to try QDL on win XP 32 bit PC.

AFter all this still if you would like to Root, download Superuser.zip file on your SD Card, Use multirecovery flasher again to flash streakdroid or clockworkmod recovery and select apply 'SDcard:update.zip' and select superuser.zip. This will root your phone.

Currently you are in clockworkmod recovery and therefore unable to restore the stock rom. Before applying update.pkg, the recovery and update.pkg version should match.

Guest jmhalder
Please download MultiRecovery Flasher and flash the recovery of the same version as your update.pkg is... download Superuser.zip file on your SD Card, Use multirecovery flasher again to flash streakdroid or clockworkmod recovery...

if running a official rom, recovery gets re-written on every boot, so if running a stock rom, you can't boot without your custom recovery being written, so you need to go into recovery WITHOUT first booting into android, this can be fixed by renaming or removing this file: "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh", this can be done with root explorer, or via terminal if you like

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

This is one of the first things I do when running an official rom. Don't QDL if it isn't necessary, its MUCH easier to throw a "update.pkg" on the SD card and flash a recovery.

Guest Edgars
Please download MultiRecovery Flasher and flash the recovery of the same version as your update.pkg is. Once flashed with right recovery, you will be able to restore from Update.pkg from SD Card. If you fail in this, Download QDL Tool and run that. This will do all but follow the guide and ensure all required drivers are installed. It's better to try QDL on win XP 32 bit PC.

AFter all this still if you would like to Root, download Superuser.zip file on your SD Card, Use multirecovery flasher again to flash streakdroid or clockworkmod recovery and select apply 'SDcard:update.zip' and select superuser.zip. This will root your phone.

Currently you are in clockworkmod recovery and therefore unable to restore the stock rom. Before applying update.pkg, the recovery and update.pkg version should match.

Thanks for the info. Was trying the first option, but after starting the phone with Camera+Power and tapping Fastboot, it showa "Wait for USB FastBoot detect...." and that's it, nothing changes after I plug the data cable in. Should smth from Dell webpage, like PC suite or mobile sync before? Or it just means I have to discover how to use QLD Tool?

Could MultiRecovery Flasher been run from Desktop or probably coppied to C:/ If that makes any sense...

And yes, Multirecovery flasher stops at Waiting for device!

Edited by Edgars

Guest Edgars
if running a official rom, recovery gets re-written on every boot, so if running a stock rom, you can't boot without your custom recovery being written, so you need to go into recovery WITHOUT first booting into android, this can be fixed by renaming or removing this file: "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh", this can be done with root explorer, or via terminal if you like

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system

This is one of the first things I do when running an official rom. Don't QDL if it isn't necessary, its MUCH easier to throw a "update.pkg" on the SD card and flash a recovery.

Thanks for advice, but seems I'm not as clever to do, what you suggest!

How do I remove "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh". I mean root explorer and terminal are apps but I don't get much further than my DELL logo!

Sorry if I'm asking wrong or stupid things.

Guest jmhalder
Thanks for advice, but seems I'm not as clever to do, what you suggest!

How do I remove "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh". I mean root explorer and terminal are apps but I don't get much further than my DELL logo!

Sorry if I'm asking wrong or stupid things.

Well, my advice was assuming you re-flashed a stock image, if you don't get it, then don't worry about it.