Best Android Phone at the Moment

Guest alltheway3

Guest alltheway3

Seems to be so many great phones out at the moment and my contract expires soon. I had a HTC Hero but bought a San Fran/ZTE Blade to replace it part way though my contract.

These are the ones I've been thinking about - feel free to suggest others.

HTC Desire S

Motorola Atrix

Sony Ericson Arc

Samsung Galaxy SII

Ideally, I'd like good video capture (Do any phones do 60 FPS in HD yet?) and the ability to mirror the phone onto the TV via HDMI/wireless. It would be nice to play emulators+wiimote (which takes out the Desire S as wiimote doesn't work with senseUI?).

Orange currently do the Atrix with a free wireless keyboard, dock and mouse yet I can't decide if I would actually use them. I also get 25% off month contracts at Orange due to company discount.

Help?

Guest Stevonator
Seems to be so many great phones out at the moment and my contract expires soon. I had a HTC Hero but bought a San Fran/ZTE Blade to replace it part way though my contract.

HTC Desire S

Motorola Atrix

Sony Ericson Arc

Samsung Galaxy SII

Ideally, I'd like good video capture (Do any phones do 60 FPS in HD yet?) and the ability to mirror the phone onto the TV via HDMI/wireless. It would be nice to play emulators+wiimote (which takes out the Desire S as wiimote doesn't work with senseUI?).

Orange currently do the Atrix with a free wireless keyboard, dock and mouse yet I can't decide if I would actually use them. I also get 25% off month contracts at Orange due to company discount.

Help?

If you want my opinion then go for the HTC Desire S. Purely because HTC is a company you can rely on and they genuinely create fantastic pieces of tech because they love making it and not just because that's the way the markets going.

That's my opinion :P

Steve

Guest alfe

HTC Desire S

Motorola Atrix

Sony Ericson Arc

Samsung Galaxy SII

Help?

Mate, I did exactly the same - sold my hero for a San Fran mid way through orange contract! (made a tidy profit too!). I now have been using the Motorola Atrix for last two weeks (upgraded from orange and got free work and play kit).

No regrets it is a class phone.

Guest T39andcounting
Mate, I did exactly the same - sold my hero for a San Fran mid way through orange contract! (made a tidy profit too!). I now have been using the Motorola Atrix for last two weeks (upgraded from orange and got free work and play kit).

No regrets it is a class phone.

+1 for the Atrix... I wanted a dual core on Orange. After my old HTC Hero the Atrix felt like the right size. The SGSII and HTC Sensation feel like toy phones as they're too big IMHO (a bit like the Desire HD). Just got my fingers crossed that Motorola release Android 2.3 and unlock the bootloader as promised soon!

Worth checking, but I think the free work+play kit (multimedia dock, etc) on Orange was during May only.

Guest alltheway3

alfe - that would have been me had I decided to take the plunge when I was at the Orange shop!

But yeah, it's past May now :D

The Samsung Galaxy SII seems to be the star phone at the moment but I'm not keen - it seems like everyone will have that phone plus its a little plastically. The HTC Sensation is a close 2nd. I may just hold out a little longer, the San Fran is surviving for now so I'll see.

Guest retrirvil
alfe - that would have been me had I decided to take the plunge when I was at the Orange shop!

But yeah, it's past May now :D

The Samsung Galaxy SII seems to be the star phone at the moment but I'm not keen - it seems like everyone will have that phone plus its a little plastically. The HTC Sensation is a close 2nd. I may just hold out a little longer, the San Fran is surviving for now so I'll see.

Galaxy S 2

Is the best.