New Rom with some CM7 apps and streakdroid 2.0 mix

Guest arpitkens

Guest arpitkens

Hi guys,

Here is a new android 2.3.3 gingerbread based mod rom a mix of CM7 and streakdroid2.0 a.k.a. Gingerstreak. Credits to Dj_Steve (streakers love u).. :-)

Features-

ADW Launcher as default launcher

CM wallpapers (included in system)

CM stats (just a beginning long way to go)

DSP Manager (added sound effects for ultimate music experience)

Netflix (not sure working good or not)

Cyanogen mod boot animation

Streakdroid apps

Pre rooted

Quadrant score - 1200

Removed- car home & car dock

Does not support overclock yet

Installation instructions-

Download on sdcard and flash through custom recovery needs factory reset

Also needs to flash engineered basebands in fastboot mode for GPS & 720p video recording fixes as required in streakdroid 2.0.

I will not be responsible for your bricked device and lost data.

Screenshots are attached

download gingerstreak1.zip -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UML0LBA4

Feedback needed :-) Same thread is available@ xda

also

COLOR="Red"]GingerDroid v 1.2change log:

1.)added libs for DSP manager should now have noticable soundfx while playing audio tested on phone speaker n stereo bluetooth headsets (output through wired headset is still not working for me so cant test).

2.)quadrant score 1300-1400 better then before (1100)

3.)removed some apps (more stable)

Note - to install factory reset is needed

for a real ROM (that can really be called a ROM) u have to wait for a month from now untill i gain proper knowledge and sources untill then bye.

download-

gingerdroid v 1.2

post-707040-1306161068_thumb.png

post-707040-1306161118_thumb.png

Edited by arpitkens

Guest haynesteve

Hmm. I know you've credited Steve in OP, but does he approve ?

Non the less, trying it out. Don't know if it me, but seems a little less laggy.

Netflix just crashes

Same issues with market, showing apps not installed, when previously installed by market, and Aldiko positevely refuses to install, via market or Titanium ( " Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card." ). This with 1.4 gb free !!

And again, I have to manually install a line in build.prop to change LCD Density and keep it.

Good luck with it

No random crashes as of yet (fingers crossed)

Edited by haynesteve

Guest dacho

Love the fact that there is somebody else working on the dell streak development (not that dj steve is not good enough but the more the merrier). Welcome, and I'm looking forward to flashing this release as soon as I get a replacement streak. I have a camera problem where the camera app is not able to use it and actual camera gets really hot and uses a battery in about 3-4 hrs.

Guest icediced

Wow....this feels faster than the orginal (probably placebo effect!). Does the DSP manager actually work though? This version still a problem recognising headphones.....so can't really test it >_<

Guest G4sD0c

Tried this rom, slightly more stable than Steve's Gingerstreak Rom with only a few random reboot episodes. Slower than Steve's rom with quadrant on Steve about 1700 and on this 1200. Still no textures in quadrant and the pre-installed live wallpapers also don't work. Sound works perfectly as well as on headphones and multimedia dock. Here's hoping Steve can get a stable build of 3.0!