Advent Vega HTC Desire wifi tether

Guest skloot

Guest skloot

Hi all,

Could someone please point me in the right direction....?

I have an Advent Vega rooted with latest Modaco ROM and want to tether it to HTC Desire with Visionary app installed currently using Temp root option.

I have tried Barnacle with no success :P maybe its a settings issue??

Apologies if this has already been covered in a current thread.

Think Im almost there with this (never thought getting 2 android devices to talk to each other would be so tough)

Cheers

SKLOOT

Guest skloot

The Desire has got a wifi hotspot app and is running Android 2.2 on the Orange Network.

The Advent Vega with stock rom picked up the Wifi Hotspot but transfered no data or internet.!! My PC will pick up the Wifi Hotspot also but again transfers no data.

After installing Modaco R8 ROM on the Advent Vega still no luck!!!

Temp rooted the Desire with Visionary app then used Barnacle wifi tether app, same story connects but transfers no data!!

I suspect Orange not wanting massive amounts of data being used over their network possibly locked out this feature.

Unless someone has a suggestion I think a full root of the desire and a custom ROM installed with functioning Wifi tethering is my only solution.

What a tat - tar :P

Guest phil8715
The Desire has got a wifi hotspot app and is running Android 2.2 on the Orange Network.

The Advent Vega with stock rom picked up the Wifi Hotspot but transfered no data or internet.!! My PC will pick up the Wifi Hotspot also but again transfers no data.

After installing Modaco R8 ROM on the Advent Vega still no luck!!!

Temp rooted the Desire with Visionary app then used Barnacle wifi tether app, same story connects but transfers no data!!

I suspect Orange not wanting massive amounts of data being used over their network possibly locked out this feature.

Unless someone has a suggestion I think a full root of the desire and a custom ROM installed with functioning Wifi tethering is my only solution.

What a tat - tar :P

Do Orange allow tethering? Some networks do some don't.

Guest wasps

I dont know how much help it is, but i have a Vega running mcr8.

I also have a standard Desire on Orange.

I was happily using wifi tethering 2days ago, so it should work fine.