Editing a boot.img file

Guest Mark_L

Guest Mark_L

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction...

How do I extract a boot.img file, edit it, then re-pack it? I can pull it out of a ROM .zip file fine, but how do I mess with the contents of the actual boot.img file itself?

Basically I want to pull apart the boot.img file that comes with the new honeycomb ROM and tweak it to allow speeds of 2GHZ+... then see what my vega will do.

I have rigged up a custom processor -> heatsink (strategicly placed and bent 10cmx4cmx3mm piece of alluminium and plenty of thermal paste)-> case cooling solution so I hopefully won't kill the processor.

Guest Zebrahead

If you check out my website (sig) I've compiled a collection of utilities i've found useful. There's tools for unpacking and repackaging boot images there ^^

Zeb

Guest IaMHcG
If you check out my website (sig) I've compiled a collection of utilities i've found useful. There's tools for unpacking and repackaging boot images there ^^

Zeb

Wow! this is a great site. Thanks for the hard work. I am digging up some treasure now.

Guest Mark_L

Zeb

OOOHHHHH

MY

GOD...

Thank you!!!!!! Thats like a modders paradise all rolled up into one neat little site..

I owe you one, thats awsome thank you :P