Dell Streak - Won't power up after screen replacement

Guest phasechange

Guest phasechange

All,

After managing to ruin the screen of my Streak (don't ask), I've successfully (I think) managed the physical replacement portion. Put everything back together, sd & SIM in, and pushed the power button. No joy. When plugged into the AC adapter, the buttons illuminate normally and the screen does light up & display the charge state properly. I've checked the ribbon cables and they seemed OK, but I will check again. Any good ideas out there for troubleshooting?

One further clue: After removing the housing and very carefully keeping it in a position such that the hardware buttons stayed in place, I then of course turned it over when starting to put things back together. I think I have them back in place properly, but any hints there would also be appreciated.

TIA.

Guest Alperin.1
All,

After managing to ruin the screen of my Streak (don't ask), I've successfully (I think) managed the physical replacement portion. Put everything back together, sd & SIM in, and pushed the power button. No joy. When plugged into the AC adapter, the buttons illuminate normally and the screen does light up & display the charge state properly. I've checked the ribbon cables and they seemed OK, but I will check again. Any good ideas out there for troubleshooting?

One further clue: After removing the housing and very carefully keeping it in a position such that the hardware buttons stayed in place, I then of course turned it over when starting to put things back together. I think I have them back in place properly, but any hints there would also be appreciated.e

TIA.

Have a look at the pdf in this link. Maybe it will help with the buttons.

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...cd-replacement/

Guest phasechange

Thanks for the input. That was one of the things that I had by my side whilst I did the replacement. Unfortunately the photos of the buttons aren't quite clear enough (although logic would dictate that after enough tries I would get it correct).

Have a look at the pdf in this link. Maybe it will help with the buttons.

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...cd-replacement/

Guest Alperin.1
Thanks for the input. That was one of the things that I had by my side whilst I did the replacement. Unfortunately the photos of the buttons aren't quite clear enough (although logic would dictate that after enough tries I would get it correct).

Ok, see if the link to the images in this post will provide what you need for the buttons.