Phone becoming very buggy with SD 1.9.0

Guest dairymasta

Guest dairymasta

Lately my phone's becoming super buggy. It takes a few presses of the unlock button for the screen to come on, and even then when i drag the unlock it just hangs/drags it very laggy, then i have to lock and unlock again a few times until it will unlock properly....then when i try and lock it i have to do it a few times again to get it to lock because when i press lock it'll lock it and the screen stays on. It's all very weird.

Also FCs with poweramp, launchers, settings, messengers, a lot of stuff. I wasn't sure if it was due to SetCPU or the ROM, but after uninstalling SetCPU same stuff was still happening. Does it need a factory reset or is my streak dying? (it's almost a year old now)

Edited by dairymasta

Guest Edrill

Factory reset would be a good idea. 1.9.0 has been smooth as butter for me! Are you using perfmod?? I used to have a few random reboots with perfmod enabled, but even those were gone with perfmod disabled.

Guest krazman
Factory reset would be a good idea. 1.9.0 has been smooth as butter for me! Are you using perfmod?? I used to have a few random reboots with perfmod enabled, but even those were gone with perfmod disabled.

I have that problem periodically. Instead of Factory Reset, I just re-flash 1.9.0. Don't loose anything. Only takes 5 minutes. Don't have to re-install anything. Be sure to do a nandroid backup first.

I really sped things up/smoothed things out by flashing the new engineered amss and dsp1 for GingerDroid 2.0 over 1.9.0. Working great FOR ME! Battery usage increases though. Be careful. Several people have bricked their Streaks doing this. QDL won't recover!

Guest krazman
Factory reset hasnt' helped. Still buggy and laggy as hell, specifically with the lock screen...any ideas? :P

Recalibrate screen?

Guest Azurren
Nope hasn't helped :P

Seeing as you've lost everything anyway you may as well flash 1.9.0 again and use the Dell recovery factory reset (Should clear this up for you)

Unless of course the problem is with your SD card. Try removing it then rebooting without it.

Guest dairymasta

flashing hasn't helped either.

new problem now, battery gets to about 30% then suddenly jumps to 1% and shuts down....wtf :P