Install Email.apk from other device

Guest jafp

Guest jafp

I'm using CM6+ from AntonioPT (froyo), and i'm with a problem connecting my default email aplication with exchange 2010, it simple doesn't finish the configuration, but with a samsung also with froyo i can connect with no problem, the diference is our version of email.apk is 2.2.1 and the version of sumsung is 2.2.

So i was thinking to install the email.apk from samsung in my device (U8230), but i'm not having sucess, i try install with root explorer but it says aplication not installed, i try unistall the default app and install the app from samsung, i try copy tha email.apk from samsung to the app system folder, i even change the permissions of the email.apk in system folder and tryed to install, nothing seems to work, the result is always the same, it says aplication not installed.

Can anyone help me please.

(sorry for my bad english)

Guest didije

You just need to change the outgoing port number (I'm not sure to what value exactly, I'll check later), and the configuration will finish, I've had the same issue and it drove me crazy. Tried several email.apk's, without any luck, and then I just changed the outgoing port number. Hope it helps.

Guest jafp
You just need to change the outgoing port number (I'm not sure to what value exactly, I'll check later), and the configuration will finish, I've had the same issue and it drove me crazy. Tried several email.apk's, without any luck, and then I just changed the outgoing port number. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your help.

When you say change the outgoing port number, do you mean to change this port when configuring by imap configuration? i need to configure by exchange option, the exchange server is not prepared to work with imap configuration.

If i could install email.apk from samsung i think i would resolve my problem.

Guest jafp

I solve my problem, if someone have the same problem there is my solution:

1. backup default app email.apk with titanium backup or with any other way (just to make sure it will be possible to restore if somethings goes wrong)

2. install root uninstaller or raiz uninstaller (i think the name has changed)

3. unistall email.apk

4. reboot

5. install other version of email.apk, in my case i find this one

With this version of email.apk now i can connect to Exchange 2010 SP1. I think there was some incompatibiliti with the email.apk that i was trying to install from a sumsung device.

Edited by jafp