Fastboot/etc Drivers

Guest Vantage1

Guest Vantage1

Hi,

Theres some amazing work here and I'd love to get into using some of these custom roms, but i have yet to get past (almost ) the first hurdle...

I want to get my phone into fastboot mode (its currently an untouched streak on the ota 2.1 update from o2 in the UK), however I cannot find working drivers for the device.

I have an i7 windows 7 64 bit pc, and have downloaded the android SDK, and installed all the tools associated (including the 'usb_drivers' folder). However, the device comes up as 'Android 1.0' on device manager, unable to find the necessarry drivers. Manually selecting the drivers by choosing the android SDK folder/usb_drivers folder/etc yields no improvement, with the driver wizard just saying it cant find any drivers.

Without this I cant really do much experimentation with the device, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get it to install the drivers, it would be greatly appreciated!

The Android SDK i downloaded is the most recent one from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html, and have changed the 'environment variables' on my computer to include the SDK's 'platform-tools' folder as some guides suggest - whatever that does :/

Thanks for any help :P