San Francisco

Guest Steve1M

Guest Steve1M

Folks.

Please shout some advise if you can.

-

Orange SFO from Argos today....all fine except the following:-

-

When play youtube videos, there is a square artifact in the middle of the footage.

-

It is about an inch square, in the middle of the screen, forming a slightly lighter portion of the footage.

-

Any ides what this could be....it is not the screen, as taking a photo of a white will does not show this "shadow"

-

Please help if you can....rgds, Steve

Guest flshg

If its a 'lighter' portion, then perhaps you need to film a dark wall to be able to see if it affects other videos. Use the camcorder and film a reasonably dark scene, play it back and see if it happens there as well.

I assume you've already tried rebooting the phone? Reboots still fix a lot of problems.

Guest Steve1M
If its a 'lighter' portion, then perhaps you need to film a dark wall to be able to see if it affects other videos. Use the camcorder and film a reasonably dark scene, play it back and see if it happens there as well.

I assume you've already tried rebooting the phone? Reboots still fix a lot of problems.

Fishg,

Tks for that, but have spent ages testing.....the pbm really is specific to YouTube clips.

-

Correction. .... it is approximately half an inch square,a bit like a square sitting on a flat rectangle (like the symbol for a PC I

suppose.

-

Rgds, steve

Guest Steve1M
Looking closer....... the shape appears to be that of the YouTube icon!!!- Does anyone else get this?- Many tks, steve

Its the YouTube app that came with the phone..... it looks like a watermark in the shape of a PC- Does anyone have a link to a YouTube APk that does not produce this? Tks Steve

Guest Steve1M
Its the YouTube app that came with the phone..... it looks like a watermark in the shape of a PC- Does anyone have a link to a

YouTube APk that does not produce this? Tks Steve

Update..... if i use tubemate the pbm is still there although if i d/load it then play the mp4, the square disappears.- any ideas, pls let me know.

Rgds Steve