[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Psyloid
Naked had spare parts +, blade wifi fix, s2e, blade buddy, and volume +.

Nice and stable :D

thought those were essential enough to leave in

Guest Fou-lu
thought those were essential enough to leave in

How to install theme chooser? i got it form N72 nightly but won't install, copying it to system/app and rebooting also failed.

Guest Psyloid
How to install theme chooser? i got it form N72 nightly but won't install, copying it to system/app and rebooting also failed.

you must adb push the files

Guest Fou-lu
ye i would like to have theme chooser + launcher pro :D tryed installing manually didint worked :/

for theme chooser you can install it with root explorer by setting permissions to match the other apps in system/app, then reboot.

just copy "theme manager.apk" and "theme chooser.apk" go to system/app then press "R/O" on top right of screen, then paste them there.

now hold your finger down on one and "tap" permissions then set them like this:

1307134163picsay1307134.jpg

now reboot :D

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest wishmasterf

I use V2 of the rom and dont want to use launcher pro. i prefer the gingerbread launcher. i installed the gingerbread launcher and set the default with home switcher, but after reboot i get launcher pro again and launcher pro cant be uninstalled. Could anyone help me to get "Gingerbread launcher" as default?

Edited by wishmasterf

I use V2 of the rom and dont want to use launcher pro. i prefer the gingerbread launcher. i installed the gingerbread launcher and set the default with home switcher, but after reboot i get launcher pro again and launcher pro cant be uninstalled. Could anyone help me to get "Gingerbread launcher" as default?

just use titanium backup or root explorer to uninstall LP if you dont want it in the rom

Guest lvdh

I would like to say thanks, installed it today on my new blade from spain and it works like charm. I am only looking for a good and safe way to repartition my phone memory to create some space. Anyway, thanks again!

Guest slackereconomy

good stuff psyloid, thanks

was running 7.0.3 stable then gave v2 of green a go and was very happy with it, it seemed a lot faster for me. Glad you used launcher pro as adw tended to be a bit laggy for me and had a tendency to freeze quite often. Updated to green v3.1 tonight (122mb middleweight version, no wipe) and it's working well. Flashed the theme chooser zip mentioned a few pages back via CWM and it's working perfectly.

Guest Shieraz Shah
Just noticed my youtube icon did not show up as well, although it is installed, fix : go into titanium backup, backup yoube app, delete youtube app, restore youtube app, and then you should have the icon :D

thanks maestro ;-) every day i learn something new :-)

Guest Shieraz Shah
Update successfully from V2 to V3.1 naked,

Caused me a problem where launcher pro kept force closing until I uninstalled the stock gingerbread launcher that 'naked' comes with :s ?

Anyway, all is good now, so stable, so smooth, with the only exception being the pinch to zoom bug in the gallery, this is starting to feeling like the perfect cyanogen ROM for me!

So all my deepest thanks go out to you Psyloid for creating this!!! The CM7 nightlies are years away...

yepp! this IS the next to best thing we can get right now :-)

Guest Shieraz Shah
I would like to say thanks, installed it today on my new blade from spain and it works like charm. I am only looking for a good and safe way to repartition my phone memory to create some space. Anyway, thanks again!

read the first post by Psyloid plz... copy+pasted here for you

-FOR MORE SPACE FOR APPS a quick explanation about S2E

if you want more space than the built in memory, you can partition your sdcard to have an extra partition were apps/dalvik will be stored.

You can do this after you installed the rom as well.

to do this, first empty your sdcard on a computer (backup because the card will be wiped). Now reboot the phone in recovery mode.

In clockwork recovery choose advanced/partition sdcard, a size of 1024M will do, swap size, choose 64M. It will partition your sdcard.

optional: Now go back to the main menu and choose mounts and storage, there pick mount USB storage. now connect the phone to the computer and copy your backed up data back to the sd card.

Now reboot the phone and launch s2e, in S2e tick Applications, Private apps and Dalvik cache, reboot the phone once more and voilla you will have loads of storage

Guest flashmod

Hi. Will FM Radio be available on V3 firmware? And i have notices a bug, when I rotate the phone in menu with app, all the icons stick together...

Overall better that V2. Thanks.

Guest DaneelS

Thanks for your hard work on this, after SS5 spontaneously combusted, I thought I'd give this a shot. I have a few questions that are hopefully straightforward:

1. Is there an easy way to check my partition size? I've never adjusted it (I don't think), so I assume it's still the standard 208MB? I did move my phone to gen2 though, not sure if that changes it?

2. I installed the standard version. The only thing that immediately strikes me as missing is circle battery mod. Is this in the themed version? If not, how can I get it?

3. Can I use titanium back up to restore my system data (SS5) or will the screw things up?

Many thanks :D

Edited by DaneelS

Guest Psyloid
Thanks for your hard work on this, after SS5 spontaneously combusted, I thought I'd give this a shot. I have a few questions that are hopefully straightforward:

1. Is there an easy way to check my partition size? I've never adjusted it (I don't think), so I assume it's still the standard 208MB? I did move my phone to gen2 though, not sure if that changes it?

2. I installed the standard version. The only thing that immediately strikes me as missing is circle battery mod. Is this in the themed version? If not, how can I get it?

3. Can I use titanium back up to restore my system data (SS5) or will the screw things up?

Many thanks :D

1. titanium backup shows the sizes of all partitions

2. I'ts not in the themed version, i'm not sure if you can apply a frankish theme to my rom, try and let us know (make a nandroid backup first)

3. No !! just user apps and preferably not the data

Guest Psyloid
Hi. Will FM Radio be available on V3 firmware? And i have notices a bug, when I rotate the phone in menu with app, all the icons stick together...

Overall better that V2. Thanks.

No radio, about that bug, its just LP if you keep your phone in landscape for a few seconds it will rearange them iconz

Guest wishmasterf
just use titanium backup or root explorer to uninstall LP if you dont want it in the rom

Thanks for that answer but if i uninstall LP android want start again. I need the info how i could change the default loader. both home switcher-version do not work to set the default launcher. after reboot launcher pro is still the default launcher...

Guest wishmasterf
No radio, about that bug, its just LP if you keep your phone in landscape for a few seconds it will rearange them iconz

Why is radio not possible?

Guest Psyloid
Thanks for that answer but if i uninstall LP android want start again. I need the info how i could change the default loader. both home switcher-version do not work to set the default launcher. after reboot launcher pro is still the default launcher...

go into clockwork recovery; in mounts and storage format system, then reinstall V3.1 naked and all will be well (you loose no data)

Guest targetbsp

You should be able to just press home from a screen other than your homescreen and tell it to default to your preferred launcher. If you;ve put your preferred launcher on your sd card then it likely won't work.

Why is radio not possible?

The Blades radio is not yet supported in Cm7

Settings -> Cm Settings -> Interface -> Status Bar tweaks. Tick battery percentage. Not a circle but it does the job!

Guest mikeyp7771
many thanks for that great ROM. I use my phone as WLAN-Hotspot. Is ist possible to prevent the phone from turning of the hotspot in standby?

You could try the power control widget with screen timeout button enabled to see if that helps? Seemed to work for me.

Guest DaneelS
Settings -> Cm Settings -> Interface -> Status Bar tweaks. Tick battery percentage. Not a circle but it does the job!

Indeed it isn't, but yes it does! Hopefully someone will figure out how to get circle battery mod on this.