[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest mrscruff
1. titanium backup shows the sizes of all partitions

2. I'ts not in the themed version, i'm not sure if you can apply a frankish theme to my rom, try and let us know (make a nandroid backup first)

3. No !! just user apps and preferably not the data

2. I have added the circle mod from this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...7-battery-mods/ using CWM and used themechooser to select the theme. Themechooser will inform you that there are some missing assets for the device screen size but just apply anyway. Looks like it is working OK for me.

Again, please Nandroid first.

Edited by mrscruff

Guest zasten

Hi all!

I have a new blade on the way from telia (Sweden). So I need to load a decent rom :-)

O.K. so this looks like the hottest rom out there in terms of speed. Since there is no list of things not working in the 1st post I have a few questions AND yes I have been reading around, just not too clear about a few things...

Known serious bugs with CM7 and the blade AFAIK that do not seem to be addressed by the fixes listed:

1. No FM radio - not a big buggy for me, usually use the FM radio in my BT headset.

2. Battery drains - exactly how serious are they compared with the latest swedish spring rom?

3. GPS fix probs - is the GPS usable?

I take it that volume+, the new wifi driver fix the BIG show stoppers from the CM7 nightlies. Feedback on this?

Is there ANY other drawback with this rom?

Cheers,

Zasten

Guest targetbsp

Battery drain is fixed and I've never had a GPS issue but I understand that to be fixed to (though you get a reboot first time you use it).

It is true there is no radio though.

Guest Saibotic

Been using V3 for some time now, I'm very pleased with it's performance, but not it's stability.

2 big flaws since I've been using it;

1. When cycling through brightness levels in Power Control Plus widget, the screen turns itself off when reaching the lowest brightness level.

When I try to wake it up using the power button, it takes approx. 30s for it to wake up again.

2. The biggest problem for me, is that when I'm playing music, the whole device itself begin to "lag". The lag can come at any time, sometimes it can take 5 minutes to happen, and sometimes it can take some hours. The music starts to play in slowmotion, and I cant do anything but to take out the battery. Very, very annoying for who uses my Blade everyday for music use.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Other than that, great work Psyloid, I like this ROM a lot.

Guest anewman

I'm getting over 50% of battery use by Wifi and I feel the battery is draining faster than it should. Is this normal?! Superficially the wifi appears to turn off, even the icon goes away and sometimes the blade wifi fix notifications come up. Although under battery status it says Wifi has been on nearly as long as the phone has.

I'm thinking of doing a wipe again and typing in the wifi security code manually as I restored that from Titanium Backup (CM 7.0.3).

Edited by anewman

Guest Jetba
Been using V3 for some time now, I'm very pleased with it's performance, but not it's stability.

2 big flaws since I've been using it;

1. When cycling through brightness levels in Power Control Plus widget, the screen turns itself off when reaching the lowest brightness level.

When I try to wake it up using the power button, it takes approx. 30s for it to wake up again.

2. The biggest problem for me, is that when I'm playing music, the whole device itself begin to "lag". The lag can come at any time, sometimes it can take 5 minutes to happen, and sometimes it can take some hours. The music starts to play in slowmotion, and I cant do anything but to take out the battery. Very, very annoying for who uses my Blade everyday for music use.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Other than that, great work Psyloid, I like this ROM a lot.

I haven't noticed any of these bugs. Have you wiped, are you in 3.1 green, are you in gen 1? these info could help Psyloid to fix these bugs.

Guest Saibotic
I haven't noticed any of these bugs. Have you wiped, are you in 3.1 green, are you in gen 1? these info could help Psyloid to fix these bugs.

Hello Jetba! :D

Full wipe yes, Green V3.1, GEN2 Blade from Comviq.

Should I try to reinstall everything from the beginning instead?

Guest Psyloid
Hello Jetba! :D

Full wipe yes, Green V3.1, GEN2 Blade from Comviq.

Should I try to reinstall everything from the beginning instead?

perhaps, i for sure havent had problems cycling the brightness level. i once had the slowdon, but i pinpointed that to bad settings in cmparts/performance

make sure you don't set your cpu governer to power saver or smartass, (ideally set cpu governor to ondemand min freq: 122 , max freq 633) never had any slowdowns with those settings :D hope it helps

edit : i use it as music player daily

edit 2 : tip for volume+, set headset settings like this for best loud undistorded sound:

-speaker modifications: on

-EQ: good quality

-volume level: +8

-bass enhance: +2

-stereo widening : off

enjoy !

Edited by Psyloid

Guest wrtease

i was on cm7 stable 7.0.3 and worked fine.

have now updated to cm7 green plus.

first wiped data

second wiped factory

third wiped dalvik

fourth wiped bat stats

then installed cm7 green plus

then installed kk converter

then installed gmaps

then i rebooted

worked perfect

now testing out rom

so far not any problems

great job psyloid

Guest wishmasterf
You should be able to just press home from a screen other than your homescreen and tell it to default to your preferred launcher. If you;ve put your preferred launcher on your sd card then it likely won't work.

I did but after reboot launcher pro starts again as default... The GB-Launcher isnt on my sd-card :-( so thats not the problem. Is this only a problem of my mobile?

The Blades radio is not yet supported in Cm7

I know but i cant understand why it is so difficult to support....

Guest wishmasterf
go into clockwork recovery; in mounts and storage format system, then reinstall V3.1 naked and all will be well (you loose no data)

And if i want the full plus version?

Guest targetbsp
I know but i cant understand why it is so difficult to support....

I'm not sure it's difficult. It's simply not been done. The CM team count it as a feature request rather than a bug so it has a lower priority.

Guest wishmasterf
I'm not sure it's difficult. It's simply not been done. The CM team count it as a feature request rather than a bug so it has a lower priority.

I knew but i thing thats realy bad because its like not supporting wlan or gps. It is a feature of the phone and IMHO shouldnt be a feature request. It should be a mainfeature.

Guest Carbonize
I knew but i thing thats realy bad because its like not supporting wlan or gps.

Radio is nothing like WLAN or GPS. Wlan is necessary for downloading without wasting your data allowance and for large files. GPS is used by an amazing number of apps. Radio is just for listening to the radio. If you think radio is a necessity then I suggest you go to a rom like Swedish Spring.

Guest targetbsp
I knew but i thing thats realy bad because its like not supporting wlan or gps. It is a feature of the phone and IMHO shouldnt be a feature request. It should be a mainfeature.

I have to disagree with your valuation of it as I haven't listened to an FM radio this century. The thing plays MP3's you know? :D

It might not help that one of the developers is sufficiently young that he's probably *never* listened to an FM Radio. :D I'm sure it'll get done but basically your limited to the priorities of the developers unfortunately. If they don't use the radio, it's their prerogative to rank it as a feature I spose.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Fou-lu
Radio is nothing like WLAN or GPS. Wlan is necessary for downloading without wasting your data allowance and for large files. GPS is used by an amazing number of apps. Radio is just for listening to the radio. If you think radio is a necessity then I suggest you go to a rom like Swedish Spring.

meh, radio is so 90's :D

Isn't there radio streaming apps?

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest DaneelS

Hrm. Battery is draining really fast for me. Gen 2, did all the resets and wipes prior to install. At this rate it won't last a day (12 hours). Maybe it will settle down. I can live with charging every night but having to charge during the day could be problematic. It would be a shame as I really like this so far. How are others doing with battery life?

Guest Psyloid
Hrm. Battery is draining really fast for me. Gen 2, did all the resets and wipes prior to install. At this rate it won't last a day (12 hours). Maybe it will settle down. I can live with charging every night but having to charge during the day could be problematic. It would be a shame as I really like this so far. How are others doing with battery life?

My battery life is very good ...

Guest Maxsas360

Yeah V3.1 drains battery. My phone is GEN 2 OLED TPTed Orange San Francisco. Did /system wipe when updating from v2 as you suggested

Guest mk89

10h42min without charging and 92% (like 15-20min of calls, some sms and wifi at the morning for like hmm 30min) :D

After a day with this rom I think i finally found smth that i will stick with :o good battery life, love volume+, even with default headsets i have loud sound, no random reboots for now and for me its imba fast :( (max OC [min122;max729] spare parts+ on fast, and heap increased to 42)

p.s use batterycalibration app, I did it after I installed rom :D