[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest sandriderman
I have this issue too.. before I flash this rom I wiped data, cache, dalvik and bat stats, but the battery life of this ROM seems to be very poor...

I'm on v3.1 by the way

Battery life has always been poor on the blade for me, what ever the ROM. I put this down to the phone using mobile data. To get through the day I use "tasker" to turn on mobile data for 5 minutes every hour (so I will get any emails fairly quickly) and to automatically turn on mobile data when the screen is turned on. The phone still needs charging every night but this is not a problem for me. When I look at the battery usage graph, when tasker turns on mobile data I see a vertical drop in power consumption. then tasker turns mobile data off the graph line goes back to close to horizontal. Overnight, I have not set tasker to turn on mobile data and I will loose 2 or 3% overnight.

I do wonder if those of us with poor battery life have either a common hardware fault in our blades or some of the hardware is different. If I left mobile data on all the time I would not get 6 hours out of it.

I have one of the original OLED Orange blades (modded to GEN 2) and my mobile operator is "3".

Some of my work mates have got blades (at least one is OLED), all of them running custom roms of the 2.2 variety and they all get far better battery life than me (wellover 24 hours) when I was on 2.2 roms - I think they are on O2. I got a replacement battery and did not see much improvement.

I am using 3.1 plus and I feel this is the best ROM for the blade. Well done Psyloid.

Edited by sandriderman

Guest efbiaye
Thats not normal ...

Psyloid, I noticed the volume up button acts the same in recovery mode (it goes back one step). Can someone verify if the Vol+ button acts as BACK button in recovery mode?

If so, it must be something low-level I think.

I did Gen1 > Gen2 conversion using blade_wbaw_v5_gen2_firmware with partition layout: 2MB cache, 160 MB system, 293MB data.

Unfortunately I didn't notice whether it was acting the same with the stock firmware.

Any theories anyone?

Guest gomes29
Battery life has always been poor on the blade for me, what ever the ROM. I put this down to the phone using mobile data. To get through the day I use "tasker" to turn on mobile data for 5 minutes every hour (so I will get any emails fairly quickly) and to automatically turn on mobile data when the screen is turned on. The phone still needs charging every night but this is not a problem for me. When I look at the battery usage graph, when tasker turns on mobile data I see a vertical drop in power consumption. then tasker turns mobile data off the graph line goes back to close to horizontal. Overnight, I have not set tasker to turn on mobile data and I will loose 2 or 3% overnight.

I do wonder if those of us with poor battery life have either a common hardware fault in our blades or some of the hardware is different. If I left mobile data on all the time I would not get 6 hours out of it.

I have one of the original OLED Orange blades (modded to GEN 2) and my mobile operator is "3".

Some of my work mates have got blades (at least one is OLED), all of them running custom roms of the 2.2 variety and they all get far better battery life than me (wellover 24 hours) when I was on 2.2 roms - I think they are on O2. I got a replacement battery and did not see much improvement.

I am using 3.1 plus and I feel this is the best ROM for the blade. Well done Psyloid.

I dont use any mobile data and today I used wifi once. The battery is on 52% after 6 hours usage and this is not normal... No calls, only some texting and 10/15min of Angry Birds... On other froyo ROMS my battery usage is about 2 days or something like that. I use 2G only...

If someone knows something about the battery draining I will appreciate it..

Guest Psyloid
Psyloid, I noticed the volume up button acts the same in recovery mode (it goes back one step). Can someone verify if the Vol+ button acts as BACK button in recovery mode?

I did Gen1 > Gen2 conversion using blade_wbaw_v5_gen2_firmware with partition layout: 2MB cache, 160 MB system, 293MB data.

Unfortunately I didn't notice whether it was acting the same with the stock firmware.

Any theories anyone?

I can tell you for sure that it is pretty bad and not rom related, try back to go to gen 1 and see if its the same, if so, flash a stock rom and return to shop for repair or replacement

Guest Psyloid

And thanks for all the thanks, but most work is still done by CM7 team (like fixing most bugs), i just add some programs, swap dspmanager for volume+, remove the theming (except for plus version), change bootscreen, do a bit of build.prop editng and follow the forums to see what else that can be done to make it better. But to say it again, others made the fixes, i put it all together :D So all the thanks you give to me I pass on to everyone who made those fixes !!!

Edited by Psyloid

Guest DaneelS

I've had the phone on and off charger for 9 hours on 3.1. It was used for a 3 minute phone call, that's it. Battery is at 63%. Looking in battery history, other usage, 76% is used on "running". Wifi and GPS are off, mobile data is on. I'll try uninstalling some of the new apps I put on, maybe one of them is the culprit.

Guest leolas

Good work, the best rom i tried for now, the only problem ihave is related about gps reboots. But for now i will stay in this one.

Thanks for your work

Edited by leolas

Guest hace-bih

Any theories anyone?

That is a hardware issue, you should take a contact with the store you purchased your Blade!

Guest efbiaye

Thanks for reply guys, I will go back to stock firmware and gen1 and see if this issue was already there.

I had actually read somewhere else, that this issue might be related to Polish Orange phones which somhow had blocked the TPT mode - which is "power + vol. up."

I have my suspicions this might be related to that issue somehow and might be firmware/hardware related...

Guest hace-bih
Thanks for reply guys, I will go back to stock firmware and gen1 and see if this issue was already there.

I had actually read somewhere else, that this issue might be related to Polish Orange phones which somhow had blocked the TPT mode - which is "power + vol. up."

I have my suspicions this might be related to that issue somehow and might be firmware/hardware related...

A friend of mine bought one from Tele2 here in Sweden and he had the same problem. He had to send it back and should get a new one :D

Edited by hace-bih

Guest Jetba

What nightly is this based on? If it isn't on nightly 88, will you build next green to latest nighly? Because there is so much changes in 88. 92 doesn't seem to have much changes, i think.

Edited by Jetba

Guest igors_s

The battery live is indeed fantastic.

34hours 55m since unplugged from charger and it's on 68%

its actually possibe leave it out overnight now without a charger, a luxury i had to forget about when moving from my old nokia phone.

Thank you!

Guest ag0n

i have a newb question.. how can i check if CM7Green V3.1 Plus here (Size 133MB ,DOES NOT FIT IN 128Mb partition!!!!!) works at my blade? I have a blade for 3 days, still learning! I haven't changed much... Its a gen2 blade (from spain)

Guest Psyloid
What nightly is this based on? If it isn't on nightly 88, will you build next green to latest nighly? Because there is so much changes in 88. 92 doesn't seem to have much changes, i think.

New version will always be based on latest nightly

Guest Psyloid
i have a newb question.. how can i check if CM7Green V3.1 Plus here (Size 133MB ,DOES NOT FIT IN 128Mb partition!!!!!) works at my blade? I have a blade for 3 days, still learning! I haven't changed much... Its a gen2 blade (from spain)

if you havent done anything to your blade yet, you have space enough on systempartition

Guest ag0n
if you havent done anything to your blade yet, you have space enough on systempartition

i've only installed this rom (download CM7Green V3.1 here 122mb) + team viewer and quadrant and facebook. Nothing else.

Can i safely start using the 3.1 Plus?

thanks for your answer!

Guest Psyloid
i've only installed this rom (download CM7Green V3.1 here 122mb) + team viewer and quadrant and facebook. Nothing else.

Can i safely start using the 3.1 Plus?

thanks for your answer!

I think so

Guest ag0n
I think so

Cheers mate!

Thanks for this rom, it's trully the best i've seen so far. The battery efficiency is awesome! (i haven't tested the original CM roms tho)

Guest gomes29
The battery live is indeed fantastic.

34hours 55m since unplugged from charger and it's on 68%

its actually possibe leave it out overnight now without a charger, a luxury i had to forget about when moving from my old nokia phone.

Thank you!

how it is possible? what i'm doing wrong?? can someone tell me? Something is draining my battery!!

Guest St0rmer66

Have installed this on my girlfriend's phone and all seemed perfect to begin with. Everything is very smooth and responsive, no problems until I let the screen go off while downloading something over Wifi. When I turned the screen back on, the Wifi fix messages came on screen (something like "AUTO FIX") and ever since then I can no longer get Wifi to work AT ALL.

So to repeat, wifi was working perfectly to begin with. Now when I turn it on, it appears to be working for approx 10 seconds, except the Access point list never gets any entries and then it just turns off wifi again without any input from me (and screen staying on the whole time). It literally comes up on the settings menu where you turn on the Wifi, "Turning Off..." as if I had pressed the button. The "AUTO FIX" style messages no longer appear at any point either.

I have tried clearing Dalvik, Cache etc. Restarting the phone many times. Have uninstalled Blade Wifi Fix and then reinstalled it again with no change. If it was working in the first place then surely it isn't a bad install of the ROM? The phone was completely wiped before installing the ROM and I have checked the md5.

Any help please? The ROM is otherwise perfect for her needs, this one issue is stopping it being complete!

Edited by St0rmer66

Guest slackereconomy

noticed battery life wasn't nearly as good as v2 so i thought i'd recalibrate the battery manually through CWM as i had already tried with the app....

one problem....

i can't boot into recovery :D it just sits on the green robot when i try to get to it manually. Tried using rom manager to boot into recovery with the same result, it just hangs on green robot and i have to pull battery. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest realkeule
Have installed this on my girlfriend's phone and all seemed perfect to begin with. Everything is very smooth and responsive, no problems until I let the screen go off while downloading something over Wifi. When I turned the screen back on, the Wifi fix messages came on screen (something like "AUTO FIX") and ever since then I can no longer get Wifi to work AT ALL.

So to repeat, wifi was working perfectly to begin with. Now when I turn it on, it appears to be working for approx 10 seconds, except the Access point list never gets any entries and then it just turns off wifi again without any input from me (and screen staying on the whole time). It literally comes up on the settings menu where you turn on the Wifi, "Turning Off..." as if I had pressed the button. The "AUTO FIX" style messages no longer appear at any point either.

I have tried clearing Dalvik, Cache etc. Restarting the phone many times. Have uninstalled Blade Wifi Fix and then reinstalled it again with no change. If it was working in the first place then surely it isn't a bad install of the ROM? The phone was completely wiped before installing the ROM and I have checked the md5.

Any help please? The ROM is otherwise perfect for her needs, this one issue is stopping it being complete!

+1...

Guest skull_fcuk
noticed battery life wasn't nearly as good as v2 so i thought i'd recalibrate the battery manually through CWM as i had already tried with the app....

one problem....

i can't boot into recovery :D it just sits on the green robot when i try to get to it manually. Tried using rom manager to boot into recovery with the same result, it just hangs on green robot and i have to pull battery. Anyone else have this problem?

Try this. I had the same problem, and was mighty sad. So i searched and found this. It does exactly what it says on the tin. Incidentally, i'm using a Windows converted Gen2 Blade with Green V3.1 on it. Worked first time. :D

Gotta love the Community :o