[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest wishmasterf
noticed battery life wasn't nearly as good as v2 so i thought i'd recalibrate the battery manually through CWM as i had already tried with the app....

one problem....

i can't boot into recovery :D it just sits on the green robot when i try to get to it manually. Tried using rom manager to boot into recovery with the same result, it just hangs on green robot and i have to pull battery. Anyone else have this problem?

i also had the problem. ther seems to be a clockwork - version which is broken. Install an older version using rommanager. I hope that helps like it helps me.

Guest José Bernardo

I am also having the non-scanning wifi problem, and nothing I did helped fix it. Will try the CM7.1.0RC Kang to see if the problem is also there.

Guest merlin617

Is there any way to change the rom name internally ? The market now sees my phone as 'HTC Blade' and want me to pay again for apps I need to re-install. Most are OK from a re-install via Titanium backup but some will not.

Great rom Psyloid, Thanks.

Guest igors_s
how it is possible? what i'm doing wrong?? can someone tell me? Something is draining my battery!!

I didn't have to do anything special. 2G is always on, everything else off. (wifi, gps, etc).

Installed, wiped, did titanium recovery.

Overnight it looses around 6%.

currently it's at 44hours, 50% left.

P.S. got the old OLED version, but doubt this matters much. I'm not a heavy phone user.

Guest targetbsp
Is there any way to change the rom name internally ? The market now sees my phone as 'HTC Blade' and want me to pay again for apps I need to re-install. Most are OK from a re-install via Titanium backup but some will not.

Great rom Psyloid, Thanks.

manufacturer in build.prop. It's set that way for gameloft games. It should not affect your ability to download previously bought from the market! They're tied to your google account you logged onto the phone with!! You can even download them onto new phone models when you upgrade - that's kinda the point. :D

Guest merlin617
manufacturer in build.prop. It's set that way for gameloft games. It should not affect your ability to download previously bought from the market! They're tied to your google account you logged onto the phone with!! You can even download them onto new phone models when you upgrade - that's kinda the point. :D

Are you saying I can change the name in build.prop ? anyway Android market see this as a new phone and will not let me re-install paid for versions without paying again and i have seen some queries on this sent to google re this problem.

Guest igors_s

Psyloid, do you know if it's possible to add call recording to the dialer?

the official CM7 mod don't want to put that in.

Guest targetbsp
Are you saying I can change the name in build.prop ?

Yep. ro.product.manufacturer

I've just checked, My paid for apps (that I don't have installed) which were bought whilst branded as a ZTE Blade are downloadable whilst branded as a HTC Blade. So I think you have some other issue or maybe a combination of issues.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest merlin617
Yep. ro.product.manufacturer

I've just checked, My paid for apps (that I don't have installed) which were bought whilst branded as a ZTE Blade are downloadable whilst branded as a HTC Blade. So I think you have some other issue or maybe a combination of issues.

Thanks I use to have a window program that gave me access to the system files on the phone but cannot remember its name, just that it had something to do with ADB access, am I in the right direction here ?

Guest ag0n

I installed the 3.1 Plus, wiped everything including battery stats n stuff.

but...

It's very slow when i open the menu. Although the benchmarks says it is a good rom, when i open the menu it is very slow, i haven't changed anything..all default.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Guest Red Beaver

My phone reboots while using gps, happend 3 times in a row today. Thought this issue was solved? I wiped everything when moving to green v3.1

Guest Dezire
My phone reboots while using gps, happend 3 times in a row today. Thought this issue was solved? I wiped everything when moving to green v3.1

No such problem here.

Guest Pelemane
How do you uninstall Titanium Backup on here? It won't uninstall at all! I want to install the Pro version!

Don't uninstall it. You need Titanium Backup and Titanium Backup PRO Key.

If you uninstall Titanium Backup and install pro key, then it won't work.

Guest Utakos

I know that I am going to get slated for this so here goes.

My Orange Gen1 San Francisco has Froyo r11b on it at the moment and reading through the numerous pages of information on this thread, it has finally swayed me over to the dark side(CM).

Here comes the noob bit so be nice. What exactly do I need to do to install this on my phone, is this where I start /gen1 to gen 2

Many thanks

Guest lvdh
I know that I am going to get slated for this so here goes.

My Orange Gen1 San Francisco has Froyo r11b on it at the moment and reading through the numerous pages of information on this thread, it has finally swayed me over to the dark side(CM).

Here comes the noob bit so be nice. What exactly do I need to do to install this on my phone, is this where I start /gen1 to gen 2

Many thanks

No Utakos, I would recommend you to start here:

here

At least if you have a gen2 model. Follow the steps carefully.

Good luck

Edited by lvdh

Guest rockstarszzzz
No Utakos, I would recommend you to start here:

here

At least if you have a gen2 model. Follow the steps carefully.

Good luck

The poster clearly mentioned that his phone is GEN1.

Hence he was right at saying - should I start with GEN1-GEN2 ----> yes start with TPT and convert your GEN1 TO GEN2 FIRST.

Then go to the thread suggested above - to look at various GEN2 ROMs.

Go with either CM7 N93 or CM Green v3.1 (any version) - I am on naked one.

Guest Taptap1

Psyloid, how long do we will have to wait for your next CM7 green version? Because the new nightlies are a big update and we're getting closer to a stable release.

Guest targetbsp
Thanks I use to have a window program that gave me access to the system files on the phone but cannot remember its name, just that it had something to do with ADB access, am I in the right direction here ?

I dunno. I use Root Explorer.

Guest phlum

Very nice. I'm going to install it after doing my TPT thing. Just one question, though...

If I extract the ROM and add some ringtones, then repackage it, does the ZIP need any special parameters?

Guest Amphoras
Very nice. I'm going to install it after doing my TPT thing. Just one question, though...

If I extract the ROM and add some ringtones, then repackage it, does the ZIP need any special parameters?

I don't think you need to do anything special to the zip. I did the same with CM7, removing some stuff and adding others. I just zipped it up again using 7zip and chose maximum compression and it installed fine. As long as you don't add so much stuff that it won't fit in your system partition, I don't think there should be a problem.