[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Psyloid
i cant change dhcp lease time because i´m in a hotel. v3.1 has same error cause im aktualy run with it. which version (may nightly) works?

thanks

Any nightly before n88 seems to be unaffected, maybe it has to do with the new wlan drivers they have put in, since ppl seem to have problems, i think i will put the old ones back in for next version and see if that solves it

Guest Just Wondering
Any nightly before n88 seems to be unaffected, maybe it has to do with the new wlan drivers they have put in, since ppl seem to have problems, i think i will put the old ones back in for next version and see if that solves it

I'm running a early oled blade upgraded to Gen 2 and the wlan drivers work perfectly

but when I first upgrade from Swedish to green v4 I made the mistake of not formatting everything, in that instance the wireless would not pickup on wireless connections.

but on my 2nd install I wiped and formatted everything, wireless worked with no issues

infact I'd say wireless is working better with latest driver

Edited by Just Wondering

Guest Egzis

Thanks for the Mod Psyloid, using it for a few days now, works great!

No crashes, and no problems so far, running V3.1

- Battery time is average, about 2 days when ussing apps etc.

- I use a lot a wifi, drains the battery the most

- Gps is turned off most off the time

;)

Edited by Egzis

Guest Psyloid
I ran into a router today i could not connect to, testing now with the old drivers

Old wifi driver fixes the wifi problem, i will release a V4.1 soon-ish

Guest fixedwheel

i'm running V4 afer a full wipe.

everything works fine. specially WLAN is woking better than before.

__

i'm on a TFT UK-OSF

TPT-updated to Gen2

Guest SpeRator

Could someone please help me?

My current rom is FLB 11b Froyo(Clockwork 3.0.1.4) on Gen1(AMOLED). I want to change to V4. Which steps i have to do. Have i switch to Gen2? I've lost track.

Edited by SpeRator

Guest spaceguy
Old wifi driver fixes the wifi problem, i will release a V4.1 soon-ish

okey, when v4.1 will be released, will wipe be necessary?

Guest m_w_clarke
Could someone please help me?

My current rom is FLB 11b Froyo(Clockwork 3.0.1.4) on Gen1(AMOLED). I want to change to V4. Which steps i have to do. Have i switch to Gen2? I've lost track.

I'm in exactly the same boat; but having read all this thread I believe the answers are in it.

1. Convert to Gen2 using the TPT Gen1->Gen2 process.

2. Clean EVERYTHING in clockwork

3. Add the V4 (or whichever) zip file to your SD card

4. Use clockwork to PROM this zip

5. Clean cache etc again (just to be sure)

6. Reboot and enjoy the goodness

Beforehand, obviously, back up your data (I would also do a backup of your SD card, as once I went from one ROM to another and it removed my photos :-( )

If this is wrong in anyway, I'm happy to be corrected by someone who has already done this process.

Guest SpeRator
I'm in exactly the same boat; but having read all this thread I believe the answers are in it.

1. Convert to Gen2 using the TPT Gen1->Gen2 process.

2. Clean EVERYTHING in clockwork

3. Add the V4 (or whichever) zip file to your SD card

4. Use clockwork to PROM this zip

5. Clean cache etc again (just to be sure)

6. Reboot and enjoy the goodness

Beforehand, obviously, back up your data (I would also do a backup of your SD card, as once I went from one ROM to another and it removed my photos :-( )

If this is wrong in anyway, I'm happy to be corrected by someone who has already done this process.

Thank you very much!

Guest Just Wondering

Hi , couple of questions , which CODEC does internet calling use in the option :- internet call settings

call settings / all the way to the bottom / accounts

i've tried to put my voipcheap account on here , but i'm not having much luck in getting it working , i put in my voipcheap user name , correct password .

For server i use :- sip.voipcheap.com , i've also tried www.voipcheap.com , voipcheap.com

the port settings are correct and the information i have used are from voipcheaps website for server details setc...

I would really like to get this working as i would like to be able to have a inbound Landline type number to my phone also with out the need to have say sipdroid running .

Edited by Just Wondering

Guest Just Wondering

Help with VM heap size , its default is 32 , what benefit would i have from using it at 48 ?

I have a maildroid and a few other programs running in the background syncing etc .

Because i have a few programs always running is it better to have the original size of 32 so more programs have equal resources or would it be better to set it to 48?

Or am i missing the point altogether in regards to what VM heap size does ?

Guest Amphoras
Is there a way to do this without a full wipe? I've only just finished restoring all my apps from installing 3.1...

Yes, read the first post:

to update or change versions : wipe dalvik (in advanced), wipe cache, format system (in mounts and storage)

Follow the instructions, and your apps will still be there.

Guest Psyloid
Help with VM heap size , its default is 32 , what benefit would i have from using it at 48 ?

I have a maildroid and a few other programs running in the background syncing etc .

Because i have a few programs always running is it better to have the original size of 32 so more programs have equal resources or would it be better to set it to 48?

Or am i missing the point altogether in regards to what VM heap size does ?

VM heap size is the maximum amount ONE program gets, note the ONE, if several programs are running they each get a 32M limit, swapping to 48M will do just nothing at this point (there is no program that will use it all)

Guest Psyloid
Hi , couple of questions , which CODEC does internet calling use in the option :- internet call settings

call settings / all the way to the bottom / accounts

i've tried to put my voipcheap account on here , but i'm not having much luck in getting it working , i put in my voipcheap user name , correct password .

For server i use :- sip.voipcheap.com , i've also tried www.voipcheap.com , voipcheap.com

the port settings are correct and the information i have used are from voipcheaps website for server details setc...

I would really like to get this working as i would like to be able to have a inbound Landline type number to my phone also with out the need to have say sipdroid running .

no idea, you should ask the cyanogenmod team, its their feature

Guest ValiantSaint

Cheers for putting this together. Would this ROM improve battery life over the CM7 N84 ROM, that I was using before? (As it seems to a helped a bit......)

Guest craigb244

Ive been using this for the past day and noticed the screen brightness control has not been as good as foyo. so ive done a bit of tweaking and will share my settings.

this is for a oled screen so lcd might not be as good with these settings.

first of all I noticed that the screen does not dim in the dark.

so first go into settings then cyanogenmod settings then display then automatic backlight.

go to the bottom and select allow light decrease. this will let the screen dim when in dark places instead of just getting brighter and brighter and only dimming once turned back on after going to sleep. (no idea why this is not selected as standard)

Then I noticed that the screen does not go to full brightness when in direct sunlight and when using in complete darkness the phone was to bright.

so on that same screen tick "use Custom" then open "edit other levels"

I then pressed set number of levels and changed it to 6

now i set the boxes like

lower upper screen buttons

0 9 20 255

10 399 55 255

400 999 70 0

1000 2999 120 0

3000 6999 200 0

7000 255 0

then press save & apply.

hope someone finds this useful and sorry if everyone already knows this and im just gassing ;)

Guest Just Wondering

Help Please:- SIP issues for incoming calls. , using sipdroid / csipsimple or the built in sip account built into settings.....

Basically it all works 100 % as long as the screen is on , but when the screen goes off (with or without wifi enabled) any of the sip accounts goto sleep , so i cannot recieve incoming sip calls.

i have tried this through a pbexs.org account also....

any help on this please.