[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest slackereconomy

Working well for me, battery life seems much improved, lost only 9% overnight compared to the 40% I was losing with v3

Guest Saibotic

Been using it for a lil while now, very stable, works like a charm!

The lag that occured when playing music is gone, which is perfect.

Thanks for your dedication Psyloid, and a big thanks to CM for creating this. ;)

Guest !Amo!

upgrade from 3.1 with full wipe

Wifi doesn't connect ;)

When will you make the 4.1 with the old wifi driver?

Or how can I cange it for myself?

Thx!

Guest SnowblindFIN

Wow, smoothest rom i have ever used, will definately stick with this one. ;)

Everything that i have needed have worked so far, no problems.

( Running on GEN2 that was updated from GEN1 )

Guest deksman2

Question:

Why is the UI much slower to slide through (application drawer for example) compared to the V2?

This one is as if there is 0 hardware acceleration available... at maybe 5 FPS (or an equivalent).

Guest shmizan

I can't seem to make "Alarm" work properly. (extracted apk from SS rom)

the alarm is set and it rings for 1 second and stops, the screen shuts (with that TV animation) and immediately comes back displaying the alarm but the sound doesn't continue.

the screen stays on though until I press the "dismiss" and then the red LED lights until I manually disable that specific alarm..

if I disable the TV animation for screen on and off it works properly.

anyone got any ideas?

Edited by shmizan

Guest Amit.V

Hi, i installed this rom (v4 on gen2) and i have a few problems:

1. apllications that i define to run on startup don't run and i have to run them manually. for example: fring.

2. wi-fi keeps turning off when screen turns off, unless it's connected to usb or to electricity. i changed the definitions so wi-fi will never turn off, and it turns off anyway, even when apps like skype and fring are running in the background.

3. sometimes i can't close the notification drawer, and it gets closed only after i hit the back button.

any ideas? maybe i should try another rom or an older version of this rom.

btw: when i install a different version of the same rom, will it delete all my apps and settings?

Guest Dezire
Question:

Why is the UI much slower to slide through (application drawer for example) compared to the V2?

This one is as if there is 0 hardware acceleration available... at maybe 5 FPS (or an equivalent).

ive noticed this too

Guest thomasboyd

Hi

I upgraded to CM73 recently, was finding it buggy so installed green - but the standard news / weather widget appears to have disappeared.

Can't find it on the marketplace to reinstall either

anyone help me find it again?

Guest deepmenace

just want to chime in with my thanks...i was on CM nightlies but the battery life was really not for me. i use the data connection a *lot* when work is slow and with heavy browsing i could be out of charge by 11am. so i'd have to plug in and leave phone on desk for a bit.

with green it just seems a whole lot better. down to 60% or so after a heavy mornings surfing.

im so glad i can basically have all the cyanogen 2.3 goodness but with a nice blade community touch-up :-)

great work all.

i noticed the news/weather app gone too - i know its a fairly simple app which is bettered by many in the market but for some reason i quite liked it - i assume its been cut away to save space? anyone know if the apk is freely available?

Guest Amit.V
Hi, i installed this rom (v4 on gen2) and i have a few problems:

1. apllications that i define to run on startup don't run and i have to run them manually. for example: fring.

2. wi-fi keeps turning off when screen turns off, unless it's connected to usb or to electricity. i changed the definitions so wi-fi will never turn off, and it turns off anyway, even when apps like skype and fring are running in the background.

3. sometimes i can't close the notification drawer, and it gets closed only after i hit the back button.

any ideas? maybe i should try another rom or an older version of this rom.

btw: when i install a different version of the same rom, will it delete all my apps and settings?

two more problems:

1. i can't install google voice search, which is weird bcz it was installed on the original rom that came with the blade.

2. even though i defined apps to be installed on sd card they are still being installed on internal memory and i have to move them manually

Guest thomasboyd
i noticed the news/weather app gone too - i know its a fairly simple app which is bettered by many in the market but for some reason i quite liked it - i assume its been cut away to save space? anyone know if the apk is freely available?

ive got the .apk but it wont install

its called genie widget

GenieWidget.rar

Guest wishmasterf
upgrade from 3.1 with full wipe

Wifi doesn't connect ;)

When will you make the 4.1 with the old wifi driver?

Or how can I cange it for myself?

Thx!

i hope soon....

Guest thomasboyd
I had the same problem. I just assumed it doesn't work with 2.3, as all was well in 2.1 and 2.2.

no ive had it working on 2.3.4 before release 50 i think

Guest ValiantSaint

I have noticed that after I installed this ROM, I'm getting a lot of slowdown when playing games. Is there anything I can do to speed them up a little (I have a had a go at overclocking my Blade, but anything over 691mhz, it locks up!) Cheers : )