[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Insaniac
this doesn't upgrade your phone to Gen 2.

if you want THIS rom - Cyanogen Green v5 - you can only do 1 thing:

upgrade to Gen 2 using this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

THEN install this rom using Clockwork Mod.

... Or you could use kalt_kaffe's universal converter and keep your phone gen1. Look at post nr 3 here in this thread. The universal converter he's talking about is probably this: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rsal-converter/ ... but it's using a different/older kernel, I don't know if that's a bad thing or not. Just saying it's possible to do it this way as well, I'll do this myself as soon as plus version is up.

The easy way: Just do as shmizan says and convert to gen 2 via TPT =)

Guest Carbonize
I use widgetlocker, so i put it on my lockscreen and i disable statusbar on lockscreen ;)

Or you could just enable the option to always show battery status on lock screen :P

Guest Dezire
Hi

I installed v5 plus (full wipe) with out any problems but unfortunatley for me it will not connect to my wifi network (tried several reboots), it just says:

Status Obtaining IP address...

Security WPA/WPA2 PSK

Signal Strength Excellent

Link Speed 54 Mbps

Will keep trying for a bit and if not able to fix, will go back to previous rom (v3).

Cheers

Martin

It's nothing to do with the ROM. I've loaded v4 and v5 and Wifi is perfect - it finds IP address in seconds. It sounds like a conflict on your router - try unplugging your router for 5 mins and reboot. Also check what other devices you have attached to the router.

Guest sandriderman
try the wifi driver i added in firqst post

Unfortunatley this did not make any difference, for me the wifi problem on V5 plus behaves the same as on V4 plus, I have gone back to V3 plus, the wifi workes well for me on this version.

I can confirm that the GPS fix is however, fantastic. The resets have gone (on V3).

It's nothing to do with the ROM. I've loaded v4 and v5 and Wifi is perfect - it finds IP address in seconds. It sounds like a conflict on your router - try unplugging your router for 5 mins and reboot. Also check what other devices you have attached to the router.

Unfortunatley I have already gone back to V3 so I did not try unplugging it for a few minutes. However, this does connect without any problems so something must have changed on the rom to cause this problem?

Thanks

Martin

Edited by sandriderman

Guest Psyloid
Or you could just enable the option to always show battery status on lock screen ;)

This is prettier :P see pics i attached in first post

Guest Carbonize

Doesn't look that different to mine except yours uses more memory ;) I just use the built in music controls on lock screen which is one of the reasons I prefer CM over other roms. Also the reviews for Widget Locker would put me off even if I was thinking about it.

I actually don't see anything on your lock screen that is not available on the default lock screen anyway.

Guest Psyloid
Doesn't look that different to mine except yours uses more memory ;) I just use the built in music controls on lock screen which is one of the reasons I prefer CM over other roms. Also the reviews for Widget Locker would put me off even if I was thinking about it.

I actually don't see anything on your lock screen that is not available on the default lock screen anyway.

works great for me and i still had it in my google account from my previous phone (the terrible Acer liquid mini, boy did i hate that phone)

wouldn't bother with it otherwise

Guest ufizo

V5 Working great on my blade!

but i also have the wifi issue, while connecting to a ad-hoc network of my laptop.

Obtaining IP address , Disconnected > This loop goes on for ever, searched for it over the web, but couldnt find any working solution.

Also tried the new wifi driver, but didnt help.

Other than that Im loving it.

Fantastic job! keep it up ;)

Guest Psyloid
V5 Working great on my blade!

but i also have the wifi issue, while connecting to a ad-hoc network of my laptop.

Obtaining IP address , Disconnected > This loop goes on for ever, searched for it over the web, but couldnt find any working solution.

Also tried the new wifi driver, but didnt help.

Other than that Im loving it.

Fantastic job! keep it up ;)

perhaps a full wipe would solve it, if anyone wants to try ...

Guest sandriderman
perhaps a full wipe would solve it, if anyone wants to try ...

I did "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition", then installed the rom. (I get a bit confused with the terminology but I assume this is a "full wipe"?)

I then found the wifi problem and restored my backup. You then posted the possiable fix so I did the above process again, rebooted the phone, confirmed it was still not working, booted back to recovery and applied the wifi patch on the first page, rebooted and was unable to connect to my wifi.

I then restored my backup again and this connected instantly again to my wifi.

Cheers

Guest xenonfire

updated CM V4 green to CM v5 Green sucessfully!

No GPS Probs, No WIFI Probs, No Temperature screen probs (is shown correctly!)

Great runs smooth!

Ty very much !

Greetings

Guest Amit.V
I use widgetlocker, so i put it on my lockscreen and i disable statusbar on lockscreen ;)

but in the cm7 settings you can fedine to show battery % on lock screen too.

how do you make the music player look so awsome as in the pictures you added in the first page.

Guest psycho84

Has anyone with Switzerland orange blade (newer one with TFT bought in April this year) installed this rom? I still have a problem with all sensors. They are not working...I installed this rom with full wipe. With SS RLS5 and softbank kernel it worked fine but then I couldn't do any overclock with it. Apart from that, this rom seems to be fine (I will apply wifi fix later because it doesn't work now). Does anyone know some workaround to make sensors working on my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also wifi even with fix isn't working for me anymore...It worked on first start but after first reboot it stopped :S

Edited by psycho84

Guest wishmasterf

I upgraded from v3.1 to v5 and its great (both plus version)! But i do have 1 problem. Everytime i try to set "gingerbread launcher" as default with "home switcher" and "homesmack" it work to the next reboot. On next reboot i get 2 ADW laucher to start, but not the "gingerbread lauchner". If start it manually all my widgets are gone :-(. Can anyone help me? I had that problem with 3.1 also but after wiping everything and installing again i can switch. On 3.1 i also had the problem with updating :-( HELP....

Guest themighysquitt

I made a switch to CM green v4 from FLB gen 2 a few days ago. It all working good so far , it seems very smooth & stable ;) . I've now upgraded to V5 & I noticed there's 3 different search widgets (& 2 different search apps my the app draw) in my phones add widget menu, I know its not a major issue but just thought I give it a mention!!

Update- I managed to delete one the Search Apps from my phone using Titanium Backup :P

Edited by themighysquitt

Guest robinhud2010

Okay, I have a few questions regarding the S2E app. I was under the impression that once you have a partitioned sd card, the phone is tricked into thinking that the partitioned space is actually a part of the phone memory. If so, then why do I still run out of space on my phone even though I have loads of space left on the partitioned space? Also for some apps, moving them to the sd card increases phone memory but not for others.

Oh, and if I move my dalvik cache to my sd card for more space, will it cause instability (I think I read about it somewhere)?

Thanks.

Guest sandriderman
I did "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition", then installed the rom. (I get a bit confused with the terminology but I assume this is a "full wipe"?)

I then found the wifi problem and restored my backup. You then posted the possiable fix so I did the above process again, rebooted the phone, confirmed it was still not working, booted back to recovery and applied the wifi patch on the first page, rebooted and was unable to connect to my wifi.

I then restored my backup again and this connected instantly again to my wifi.

Cheers

For an experiment I installed CM Nightly 98 (wipe as above, no fixes applied) and wifi connected no problem. Not sure what this means.

So I reintalled V5 of Green (wiping as above), and one thing I did notice was the following message popped up "Error obtaining root privileges" (this does not come up with V3 or N98). Anyway, wifi was the same as before "obtaining IP address" and not getting any further. Tried the wifi update again and no still no connection.

Restored my backup of V3 and connected no problem.

Guest stuartmc

Same here, V5 gives the impression of not being rooted. Titanium says not rooted. Gone back to 3.1 which is no problem. Tried just wiping davlik and also doing factory reset full wipe but same thing not rooted and wi-fi won't connect.

Guest Dezire
Same here, V5 gives the impression of not being rooted. Titanium says not rooted. Gone back to 3.1 which is no problem. Tried just wiping davlik and also doing factory reset full wipe but same thing not rooted and wi-fi won't connect.

All rooted and all fine here matey. It's probably something to do with either your install, router problem, wiping, or your redo backup user settings clashing with the new install. Wipe cache, format disk and partitions and don't reinstall your user settings and date - essentially start fresh!