[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest DokuP
REGPON wifi keeper constantly drains my battery. How can I disableit or even remove? Just unchecking in application menu seems not to work, it starts over.

You can disable or remove it with TitaniumBackup (if ChuckNorris Mode is ON) ...

DP

Guest Amit.V
Hi

Titanium Backup reports:

System Rom 142 MB

Internal 317MB

Martin

wait a minute - i thought the phone has 512mb rom. i just checked mine and it says system ROM: 230MB (97.7 free)

and is it possible that internal storage is only 170mb?! (no wonder i alwyas get low space messages).

is there something wrong with my phone?

now i'm really confused - just checked the "about phone" in the settings, and it's 205mb available, total 420mb. what does it mean?

Edited by Amit.V

Guest Amphoras
wait a minute - i thought the phone has 512mb rom. i just checked mine and it says system ROM: 230MB (97.7 free)

and is it possible that internal storage is only 170mb?! (no wonder i alwyas get low space messages).

is there something wrong with my phone?

No, it has 512MB in total, but not all of that is available to use. Some is the system partition where the rom and any apps with that are stored, the data partition stores other apps, dalvik-cache, maybe other stuff. There's also the cache partition (which is only 2MB in most of the TPTs, though I think in some of the earlier ones it was 15MB). As well as the bits you can see and access, there's also other partitions which I'm not sure what they're called or do, but I think they are important for the phone to work.

Anyway, although it has 512MB in total, you can't actually make use of it all. Thats normal though, so nothing to worry about.

Guest Amit.V

anyone else has problems with opera mobile? just happend to me for the 3rd time - it gets stuck and the phone stops respondin. i have to take out the battery.

Guest robinhud2010
Okay, my first bug. Ive searched the thread an no one else has it, so it maybe just me.

But when I use the stock music payer, the controls appear on the lock screen (brilliant!) but they dont actually do anything. I press the pause button, and nothing happens. I try skip, and nothing.

I have to unlock the screen and bring up the music player to control them.

Am I missing something?

It is just you...Did you do a full wipe?

Guest m_w_clarke
It is just you...Did you do a full wipe?

Yup. Full wipe. This is my first GEN2 and first Gingerbread ROM, so had to do the conversion and wipe everything to get my phone up and running again.

Hmm...I wonder what the problem could be?

Guest k0zmic
anyone else has problems with opera mobile? just happend to me for the 3rd time - it gets stuck and the phone stops respondin. i have to take out the battery.

Did you open a lot of tabs? I find Opera Mobile fine on CM7 N98.

Guest m_w_clarke
can someone confirm to me that his/her plus version works without issues?

YES. I used Plus, but just removed the ADW launcher and replaced with LauncherPro before PROMMING. Nothing else.

I should point out, that in my GEN1 -> GEN2 conversion (that I did to use this ROM) I used the GEN2 conversion with the least storage space/most system space available (2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data) and NOT the other gen 2 conversion (2mb cache, 140mb system, 314mb data).

Maybe this is it? I think someone else mentioned it could be a space issue.

Guest sandriderman
I think I found one reason there are problems with the plus version. I tried installing it last night, and Titanium tells me I have 4kB of space left in the system partition. This is with a 144MB system partition, so for sandriderman at least, this is going to be an issue. If its the same for other people, then they'll have to either use the normal version or use a TPT which gives a bigger system partition.

Superuser and wifi are both working fine for me. Didn't really do much other than check the system size in Titanium and use wifi a bit, but I haven't noticed any obvious problems.

Would some one would be so kind as to point me to a guide to increase the size of the system partion I will be happy to try it and report back if this has solved my problems. I am currently using V5 normal version and I have not found any problems (having flashed the GPS fix and installed the theme changer manually).

Thanks

Martin

Edited by sandriderman

Guest Amphoras
Would some one would be so kind as to point me to a guide to increase the size of the system partion I will be happy to try it and report back if this has solved my problems. I am currently using V5 normal version and I have not found any problems (having flashed the GPS fix and installed the theme changer manually).

Thanks

Martin

If you converted to Gen 2 by TPT, then you can just go to the TPT thread, download the one with the 160MB system and apply it like you did when you converted. If you do this, you'll lose all your data though, so make sure to backup anything you want to keep before you do it. If your phone came as Gen 2, I'm not sure how you do it. I think there was a thread on here about it, but I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Guest sandriderman
If you converted to Gen 2 by TPT, then you can just go to the TPT thread, download the one with the 160MB system and apply it like you did when you converted. If you do this, you'll lose all your data though, so make sure to backup anything you want to keep before you do it. If your phone came as Gen 2, I'm not sure how you do it. I think there was a thread on here about it, but I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Done as you suggested and it works now!

Thanks for your help.

Works fine now, wifi and rooted now ok!

Titanium backup now reports

System rom: 167MB

Internal: 308MB

Edited by sandriderman

Guest Ciels

Problem with camera and this ROM is that you CAN'T mute the sound like in the real build as I always had by turning on mute/vibrate only.

Edited by Ciels

Guest sm4tik
Problem with camera and this ROM is that you CAN'T mute the sound like in the real build as I always had by turning on mute/vibrate only.

It's in build.prop where ro.camera.sound.forced=1 should read ro.camera.sound.forced=0 (or delete the line, it's not in original CM7). A reboot is needed to apply the change.

Guest Ciels
It's in build.prop where ro.camera.sound.forced=1 should read ro.camera.sound.forced=0 (or delete the line, it's not in original CM7). A reboot is needed to apply the change.

I remember doing this with 2.2, it's a shame I had to add that line to the build prop.

Thanks for reminding me.

Guest jonmac73

apologies if this is already in the thread somewhere - haven't read every page.........

Is there a 'circle battery mod' as per KK Gingerbread theme for SS that can be applied to stock CM7 ?

And also any recommended links to CM7 themes (I know there are a few on other sites but recommendations from users would be good)

Maybe they can be added to original post, or another sticky added in ROMS forum for CM7 add-ons ??

And also any 'quick fixes' that people have applied (GPS, camera mute etc.)

thanks

going to try GEN2 & CM7 over weekend.

Edited by jonmac73

Guest robinhud2010

Yup. No issues cept the LED staying on each time i get a notification but it is a known cyanogenmod issue. Guess most issues stem from inadequate system space. Battery life is amazing considering its the first time in a while that my phone lasted more than a day with a single charge.

Oh and thers good news for us bladers - tom13b and stephanie's fm radio patch has been merged onto Kang's rom. So expect to seee it on a green rom very soon... ;)

Guest targetbsp
apologies if this is already in the thread somewhere - haven't read every page.........

Is there a 'circle battery mod' as per KK Gingerbread theme for SS that can be applied to stock CM7 ?

And also any recommended links to CM7 themes (I know there are a few on other sites but recommendations from users would be good)

Maybe they can be added to original post, or another sticky added in ROMS forum for CM7 add-ons ??

And also any 'quick fixes' that people have applied (GPS, camera mute etc.)

thanks

going to try GEN2 & CM7 over weekend.

You can turn on battery percentage in cm settings, status bar tweaks. You may have to click display and/or interface to get between cm settings and status bar - I can't remember.

There's a whole section for Blade themes on this forum. ;) Here's the CM7 thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-cyanogenmod-7/

Guest Amit.V
Did you open a lot of tabs? I find Opera Mobile fine on CM7 N98.

no, just 2 or 3 tabs. maybe it's baceause i installed it on the sd card? i tried to move it to internal memory, and i'll see if it happens again.

BTW: is there another way to reset when the device freezes? every time i open the back case to remove the battery i feel that i'm gonna break it.

Guest Amit.V
Done as you suggested and it works now!

Thanks for your help.

Works fine now, wifi and rooted now ok!

Titanium backup now reports

System rom: 167MB

Internal: 308MB

there is somthing i don't get - how come if have only 170mb of internal?!

Guest hihi0

You can turn on battery percentage in cm settings, status bar tweaks. You may have to click display and/or interface to get between cm settings and status bar - I can't remember.

Thanks, that's a great tip - had never heard of it before!!!!

Guest m_w_clarke

Hmmm.. okay another niggle coming from Froyo (Flib ROM) to CM7.

I used to be able to toggle between 2G and 3G (HSDPA) using:

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Network Settings -> Network mode -> Changing between WCDMA, GSM and GSM/WCDMA auto

I now only have the toggle switch

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Network Settings -> Use Only 2G networks

the thing is, with this switch OFF (and "H" being displayed in the status bar) my download speeds are pathetic.

I experienced this before, in Flibs 2.2 ROM, if I selected "GSM/WCDMA auto". I observed on multiple tests and different locations that the "H" speed for GSM/WCDMA auto is around a third of that as "WCDMA" in that setting. That why I always selected the pure "WCDMA" and not auto.

However, on CM7 it seem there is no toggle. Its just auto or 2G, which gives slower "H" speeds or not (which I assume is equivalent to the auto setting in 2.2)

I've verified this, again, this morning running the SpeedTest.net app and for "H" on T-mobile UK, full signal strength, I get ~ 350 kbps. Compared with ~1.5MBps with the "H" I got from 2.2 (selecting the pure WCDMA)

Is there anyway I can get the full H speed in CM7??

Guest revmit
Hmmm.. okay another niggle coming from Froyo (Flib ROM) to CM7.

I used to be able to toggle between 2G and 3G (HSDPA) using:

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Network Settings -> Network mode -> Changing between WCDMA, GSM and GSM/WCDMA auto

I now only have the toggle switch

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Network Settings -> Use Only 2G networks

the thing is, with this switch OFF (and "H" being displayed in the status bar) my download speeds are pathetic.

I experienced this before, in Flibs 2.2 ROM, if I selected "GSM/WCDMA auto". I observed on multiple tests and different locations that the "H" speed for GSM/WCDMA auto is around a third of that as "WCDMA" in that setting. That why I always selected the pure "WCDMA" and not auto.

However, on CM7 it seem there is no toggle. Its just auto or 2G, which gives slower "H" speeds or not (which I assume is equivalent to the auto setting in 2.2)

I've verified this, again, this morning running the SpeedTest.net app and for "H" on T-mobile UK, full signal strength, I get ~ 350 kbps. Compared with ~1.5MBps with the "H" I got from 2.2 (selecting the pure WCDMA)

Is there anyway I can get the full H speed in CM7??

I used the notification bar widget, and there (in cyanogen settings) I can choose the network button to choose between 2G only/3G only. This forces 2G or 3G, and you should get full speed on H.

Guest JayGB1982

Thanks for this ROM, I managed 12 hrs yesterday with WiFi ON + Sync ON

Used to get around 8 hours tops with previous ROMS!

Fantastic work ;)

Guest cartoone

Thanks for ur ROM

I installed V5, naked version (originally was with SS5)

and overall its a great one, but had some comparisons with SS5

few issues.

1. Poor battery life - which attributes to Wifi running and Display

a ) I feel its connected to the "REGPON wife keepalive", which takes 30% of the battery usage.

Unfortunately, this is identified as a system application.

How to uninstall that? ( I can compromise on wifi On-OFF for battery life)

b ) Display is also using much higher than SS5. What's the best display settings?

2. No built in task manager? Or probably i'm not able to find it?

I tried using the Advance task killer, but it wont shutdown apps like terminal emulator. Help would be much appreciable

Edited by cartoone