[ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest cartoone
Are you aware that the battery shows percentage of power used rather than percentage of total battery?

So if you were down to 90%, and the display has used 50% then the display has in fact only used 5% of your battery.

Truly agree with u..

But what I'm checking , is this the case with others also? I meant the bulk amount of battery drain is by display?

Guest targetbsp
Truly agree with u..

But what I'm checking , is this the case with others also? I meant the bulk amount of battery drain is by display?

It depends on your phone usage. ;) When you charged, what you've done with the phone since charging. If your screen has been on, and was the only thing using battery, then yes it will be high. If you were transferring data over wifi then that will be high. If you spent some time in an app, it will be up there. If the phone hasn't been used then it'll be idle and standby at the the top. It's simply telling you that the current biggest drain of your battery this charge is the screen because you've had the screen on whilst not doing much else with the phone - which fits with you stating you'd turned the wifi off.

Because of the way the battery stats work, *something* will always be high on that list.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mcfly666

I've been using V4 and so far its a great rom,just a minor niggle but has anyone notice corruption in the app drawer when switching to landscape mode?

What I mean is your browsing your apps with the phone upright and all is well, but turn the phone on its side and all the app icons go over each other onto the same time tile, making it look like you onle have one app with a very corrupted picture?

Anyone have any ideas how i can stop this?

Cheers

Guest Psyloid
I Went to N98 version.. from SS5.

My battery stats is showing "Display" at 47% approximately, after turning off Wifi..

anyone else having battery drain caused by Display?

the display is the biggest battery drainer

Guest Amit.V
You need to use one of the TPTs from this thread. The first one is the recommended one, that will leave you with 160MB system space and nearly 300MB data.

i still don't get it. what does it actually do? using some of the rom for internal storage? and than won't i have lower rom for multi-tasking?

and the files in the link you gave is for coverting gen1 to gen2. my phone is gen 2.

Guest Amphoras
i still don't get it. what does it actually do? using some of the rom for internal storage? and than won't i have lower rom for multi-tasking?

and the files in the link you gave is for coverting gen1 to gen2. my phone is gen 2.

The TPT repartitions the internal storage (and converts you to Gen 2 if you're currently Gen 1). It only works if your phone was originally Gen 1. If it came as Gen 2, then don't try using the TPT. The stock layouts have a lot of space set aside for the system partition, which you can't use for apps you download from the market. Repartitioning the phone takes from of the stuff from the system partition and puts it in the data partition. Most custom roms don't need all that extra space in the system so it goes to waste. By moving it to the data partition instead, you have more space for apps etc.

Start the Titanium Backup app, and on the main page i should show your storage usage. There should be a few different things listed. What does it say for "System ROM" and "Internal"? Both the total amount and the amount that's free.

The number shown for "System ROM" is the system partition, and "Internal" is the data partition. I don't think the internal storage has anything to do with multi-tasking thats the ram isn't it?

Guest jlgmax

I have a GEN1 updated to GEN2 140mb System using TPT. If I want to increase this to 160mb can I just re-run the appropriate TPT or do I have to go back to GEN1 layout first, then run the 160mb GEN2 layout ?

Thanks.

Guest Amphoras
I have a GEN1 updated to GEN2 140mb System using TPT. If I want to increase this to 160mb can I just re-run the appropriate TPT or do I have to go back to GEN1 layout first, then run the 160mb GEN2 layout ?

Thanks.

You can just use the 160 system TPT, don't have to go back to Gen 1 first.

Guest Amit.V
The TPT repartitions the internal storage (and converts you to Gen 2 if you're currently Gen 1). It only works if your phone was originally Gen 1. If it came as Gen 2, then don't try using the TPT. The stock layouts have a lot of space set aside for the system partition, which you can't use for apps you download from the market. Repartitioning the phone takes from of the stuff from the system partition and puts it in the data partition. Most custom roms don't need all that extra space in the system so it goes to waste. By moving it to the data partition instead, you have more space for apps etc.

Start the Titanium Backup app, and on the main page i should show your storage usage. There should be a few different things listed. What does it say for "System ROM" and "Internal"? Both the total amount and the amount that's free.

The number shown for "System ROM" is the system partition, and "Internal" is the data partition. I don't think the internal storage has anything to do with multi-tasking thats the ram isn't it?

thanks for your answer.

here are the details from titanium:

system ROM: 230mb (100 free)

internal: 170mb (16.3 free)

so if my device is originally gen2 there's nothing i can do with it?

i'm confused. i thought the rom is the memory used for running apps etc...

after reading on wikipedia i think i understand now - but if part of the ROM is being used for installing apps, so i guess it's EPROM. but how come system and internal storage altogether are 400mb? according to specifications it's supposed to be 512 - http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade-3391.php

and where can i see the ram performance?

so anyway, if i can't cange it, what else can i do so i'll have a little space for apps that need to be installed in the internal memory? should i try the naked version of cm7 green?

Edited by Amit.V

Guest robinhud2010
so anyway, if i can't cange it, what else can i do so i'll have a little space for apps that need to be installed in the internal memory? should i try the naked version of cm7 green?

Don't think that'll make a differrence cos it would save space on the system partition, which you wont be able to use. You can try partitioning sd card and move apps there using s2e (details given on first post). As for resizing your system partition, did you try the TPTs wbaw posted? If they dont work, I'm sure you can find something thatll help if you search the forum...

And i guess that 100-odd mbs of ram is set aside for system apps by default ;) .

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest Amit.V
Don't think that'll make a differrence cos it would save space on the system partition, which you wont be able to use. You can try partitioning sd card and move apps there using s2e (details given on first post). As for resizing your system partition, did you try the TPTs wbaw posted? If they dont work, I'm sure you can find something thatll help if you search the forum...

why do i need to partition the sd card? i can install apps there without doing it. the only problem is that some apps resist on being installed to internal memory and can't be moved.

what's TPTs wbaw?

Edited by Amit.V

Guest Amphoras
thanks for your answer.

here are the details from titanium:

system ROM: 230mb (100 free)

internal: 170mb (16.3 free)

so if my device is originally gen2 there's nothing i can do with it?

i'm confused. i thought the rom is the memory used for running apps etc...

after reading on wikipedia i think i understand now - but if part of the ROM is being used for installing apps, so i guess it's EPROM. but how come system and internal storage altogether are 400mb? according to specifications it's supposed to be 512 - http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade-3391.php

and where can i see the ram performance?

You can only see 400 MB but there are other partitions that you can't see. I know there's a cache partition, and I think there might be ones for the splash image and boot animation. There's also other ones for stuff that makes the phone work (from what I understand).

Anyway, to get more space for apps, using the naked version wont help. It just means your system partition will have less in it, but you can't use that space for installing other apps. I think there's a sticky thread in this section about changing the layout on Gen 2 devices, but I don't know how easy it is.

The other option is creating an ext partition on you SD card to use for more storage. Psyloid gave some instructions on how to do this with clockwork in the first post.

Guest ufizo
I've been using V4 and so far its a great rom,just a minor niggle but has anyone notice corruption in the app drawer when switching to landscape mode?

What I mean is your browsing your apps with the phone upright and all is well, but turn the phone on its side and all the app icons go over each other onto the same time tile, making it look like you onle have one app with a very corrupted picture?

Anyone have any ideas how i can stop this?

Cheers

Ive noticed this too! but it gets okay as soon as you touch it.

Guest Amphoras

Some more replies while I was typing slowly on my phone. The tpts wont work if you phone came as Gen 2. They only work for phones that came as Gen 1. Using an extra partition makes the phone think it has more internal storage than it really does. It can put any app in that partition as it is just treated the same as the internal data partition.

Forgot to say before, you can se how much ram is being used by going to settings, applications and choosing running services.

Guest Yuccaman
why do i need to partition the sd card? i can install apps there without doing it. the only problem is that some apps resist on being installed to internal memory and can't be moved.

what's TPTs wbaw?

If you decide NOT to partition your SD card, look up "Move2SDEnabler" on the Market... This can force apps to install on the SD card by default. Obviously, they still use some space on the data partition...

After enabling this for external use, you will then find you can move any app to SD, but read instructions carefully as some things will FAIL TO WORK if moved to the SD card (widgets etc)....

I used this app to move a huge Sat Nav program to the SD Card and claimed back 40mb on the phone in the process ;)

I still only have the bog standard 2 gig card so preferred to use this as opposed to a repartition.

Note: I'm still Gen 1 so can only confirm Move2SDEnabler worked a treat on my set-up !!!!

Guest flshg
Ive noticed this too! but it gets okay as soon as you touch it.

Wouldnt that be more to do with a bug in the launcher rather than the rom though?

Guest dafreaking
Wouldnt that be more to do with a bug in the launcher rather than the rom though?

I have a similar problem using Launcher Pro on SS rls 5 so I think its a problem with the Launcher

Guest lohikko

I'm having issues using the bluetooth with my car's Parrot CK 3000 it needs to be re-synchronized every time I get on the car, which as you can imagine is really annoying. Anyone else having problems with the BT?

Guest Migun

Happened the same to me about 3 or 4 time on CM7 N94 today, but now it is working.

When you try to make calls, can you make them with sucess?

I can only receive, If I want to make a call, I have first to unlock the screen :S

Edited by Migun

Guest Amit.V
If you decide NOT to partition your SD card, look up "Move2SDEnabler" on the Market... This can force apps to install on the SD card by default. Obviously, they still use some space on the data partition...

After enabling this for external use, you will then find you can move any app to SD, but read instructions carefully as some things will FAIL TO WORK if moved to the SD card (widgets etc)....

I used this app to move a huge Sat Nav program to the SD Card and claimed back 40mb on the phone in the process ;)

I still only have the bog standard 2 gig card so preferred to use this as opposed to a repartition.

Note: I'm still Gen 1 so can only confirm Move2SDEnabler worked a treat on my set-up !!!!

for some reason i can't install it. market claims that it's not compatible with my device.