Gingerbread Theme for the U8800?

Guest That-Guy

Guest That-Guy

OK Just an update, have spoken to TheManicGibbon who created This Theme

He is busy with exams so may not be straight away but he should be able to port the theme to the U8800 :P

He may post here or contact me via PM but either way I will post test results here.

Guest Simon O

It's easy to make a standard theme but gets complicated when adding things like battery percentage meters. They involve making changes to services.jar to add some extra code. It's something I've been meaning to look into for a while but haven't started looking yet.

Guest That-Guy
It's easy to make a standard theme but gets complicated when adding things like battery percentage meters. They involve making changes to services.jar to add some extra code. It's something I've been meaning to look into for a while but haven't started looking yet.

The Theme creator has made me a version to test, he had to use the files from the ROM on XDA but can't try it until my phone turns up (tuesday) :P

Guest jchamier
The Theme creator has made me a version to test, he had to use the files from the ROM on XDA but can't try it until my phone turns up (tuesday) :D

Let us know how you get on - I've got quite used to the gingerbread theme on my Blade, and would be nice to keep it on the U8800.

Guest That-Guy

OK just to let you know the test version did not work correctly. The files were from a custom rom on XDA.

I have now emailed the theme creator the files from the standard rom (the one in my signature) and he will be working with them on Monday.

So we should have something either Monday or Tuesday :D

If it works on my device I will post up some screen shots and download link (unless the creator does)

Stay tuned peeps :D

Guest Dr_Ash
OK just to let you know the test version did not work correctly. The files were from a custom rom on XDA.

I have now emailed the theme creator the files from the standard rom (the one in my signature) and he will be working with them on Monday.

So we should have something either Monday or Tuesday :D

If it works on my device I will post up some screen shots and download link (unless the creator does)

Stay tuned peeps :D

sweet - got mine today and am looking for this

Guest TheManicGibbon
sweet - got mine today and am looking for this

Hey everyone, JGMS theme dev here :D

I am working on this but it seems to be more complicated than I first thought and I may have to get some help or even write the theme from scratch :D

But I'll persevere for you :o

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest That-Guy
Hey everyone, JGMS theme dev here :o

I am working on this but it seems to be more complicated than I first thought and I may have to get some help or even write the theme from scratch :D

But I'll persevere for you :(

You doing an amazing job!

Have just replied to your PM too, let me know if you need anything else :D

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hi again everyone, I've created a file for you Gingerbread nuts to flash :o

Unfortunately this is not yet a full theme, but changes the power control widget and system settings icons to the Gingerbread equivalents.

Theme should be coming soon! (although I'm loathe to give an ETA :D )

Hope you like it :D

Available here

Guest Dr_Ash
Hi again everyone, I've created a file for you Gingerbread nuts to flash :o

Unfortunately this is not yet a full theme, but changes the power control widget and system settings icons to the Gingerbread equivalents.

Theme should be coming soon! (although I'm loathe to give an ETA :D )

Hope you like it :D

Available here

works a charm - looking forward to your full theme :-D

Guest Cirno

I am wondering how do you work these themes?

I got some spare time comming soon so I would really like to learn working with this. Seen many awesome themes for WVGA resolution devices, except ideos X5.

Guest Dr_Ash
That theme does not like my phone, it will not boot using that theme.

Checked MD5 and its correct so will wait for TheManicGibbon's version ;)

Interesting, works fine for me. I did just switch to the B160 ROM though so I'm not running the 136 anymore. Maybe that's it.

Guest Simon O

The framework will need to be remade with the B136 framework-res.apk as no doubt that Huawei changed some things between the two roms. Have to remember that B136 is the latest Western rom and B160 is the latest Asian rom, so will be several differences between the two. Never a good idea to mix and match parts.

Guest That-Guy
The framework will need to be remade with the B136 framework-res.apk as no doubt that Huawei changed some things between the two roms. Have to remember that B136 is the latest Western rom and B160 is the latest Asian rom, so will be several differences between the two. Never a good idea to mix and match parts.

Yeah I have now supplied the correct B136 files to TheManicGibbon. He is currently porting This Theme.

I am currently beta testing every time he makes changes ;)

Will keep people updated!