LG will upgrades O2X to 2.3 with fix battery drain!

Guest aaww

Guest Stevvie
It is so sad that lg are not quick enough. but maybe they want to release 2.3.4.

Have to wait and see.

I would rather wait for a fix that works than try a rushed on that doesn't like the v10d fix.

LG allegedly say 'ue to inefficient energy distribution flaw OS Android 2.2' But wait a minute CyanogenMod-7 still has this, or is it that the CyanogenMod team just used the energy distribution from 2.2. It does look like LG are just blaming Google/Android, if this is the case then I doubt LG are going to fix this as they think that 2.3 will miraculously fix this for them. Lets hope not.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest bedevil99
I would rather wait for a fix that works than try a rushed on that doesn't like the v10d fix.

LG allegedly say 'ue to inefficient energy distribution flaw OS Android 2.2' But wait a minute CyanogenMod-7 still has this, or is it that the CyanogenMod team just used the energy distribution from 2.2. It does look like LG are just blaming Google/Android, if this is the case then I doubt LG are going to fix this as they think that 2.3 will miraculously fix this for them. Lets hope not.

The other day I flashed CM7 nightly 31 and wiped everything before installation. I wanted to see if the drain was there as well. The 1st day I didn't install a single app apart from the necessary google apps. The phone lost 15% in about 8 hours given I was at work and I have really bad reception there. Quite good result don't you think?! However the next day I have installed GPS test from the market since GPS couldn't get a lock, once I have downloaded it everything went bad. The battery drain was there even after I have uninstalled the afore mentioned app and a did few manual reboots. I really don't know what to think of it. I have tried the same with MCR 18beta2 but the drain is there straight away, loosing about 4% every hour on standby.

I really doubt that GPS TEST was responsible for the drain especially since deletion didn't change the behaviour.

Guest maumaumiow
The other day I flashed CM7 nightly 31 and wiped everything before installation. I wanted to see if the drain was there as well. The 1st day I didn't install a single app apart from the necessary google apps. The phone lost 15% in about 8 hours given I was at work and I have really bad reception there. Quite good result don't you think?! However the next day I have installed GPS test from the market since GPS couldn't get a lock, once I have downloaded it everything went bad. The battery drain was there even after I have uninstalled the afore mentioned app and a did few manual reboots. I really don't know what to think of it. I have tried the same with MCR 18beta2 but the drain is there straight away, loosing about 4% every hour on standby.

I really doubt that GPS TEST was responsible for the drain especially since deletion didn't change the behaviour.

I am using "green saver" to manage wifi and mobile network in CM7 nightly 31, the screen off idle power consumption is -2ma/5min (=-24ma/1hr=1.6%/1hr)

mobile01-d358f83e2bb19256659f3b397952c22d.png

PS: Don't using green saver (or juice defender) in Modaco FR ROM, it will cause system reboot when wifi auto on to sync data.

Edited by maumaumiow