Need help to downgrade

Guest mrmcox

Guest mrmcox

Hi guys. I have a brand new Desire HD, T-mobile (uk) branded.

Running Android 2.2.1

Build number 1.84.110.3 CL334589 Release-Keys

I am trying to downgrade to 1.32 so that i can root. I have made a goldcard, using various methods (HxD, goldcard helper, and goldcard tool)...Following the guides, everything seems to go to plan, no error messages or anything.

I then go through the process of....

adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp

adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/psneuter

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version

adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter

adb shell

cd /data/local/tmp

./misc_version -s 1.31.405.6

Again no problems there.....When phone is rebooted into bootloader, it loads the PD98IMG.zip file, and after checking it, I always get the error "update failed, incorrect cid" I don't know where I'm going wrong, the goldcard tools are reversing the CIDs for me.....Any tips ?

Thanks

Guest dbelch
Hi guys. I have a brand new Desire HD, T-mobile (uk) branded.

Running Android 2.2.1

Build number 1.84.110.3 CL334589 Release-Keys

I am trying to downgrade to 1.32 so that i can root. I have made a goldcard, using various methods (HxD, goldcard helper, and goldcard tool)...Following the guides, everything seems to go to plan, no error messages or anything.

I then go through the process of....

adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp

adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/psneuter

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version

adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter

adb shell

cd /data/local/tmp

./misc_version -s 1.31.405.6

Again no problems there.....When phone is rebooted into bootloader, it loads the PD98IMG.zip file, and after checking it, I always get the error "update failed, incorrect cid" I don't know where I'm going wrong, the goldcard tools are reversing the CIDs for me.....Any tips ?

Thanks

I had the same problem after trying several mmc cards I finally got it to work with a 4gb Kingston card.Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RootingAbout

Hi, am trying to unlock my T-Mob DHD 2.3.3.

For the moment I don't want to root it just SIM unlock it so I can get a French SIM for it on hols.

Can anyone recommend a decent backup tool that will preserve txts, etc as I've used a file manager to backup the apps?

Would welcome any other advice about preparing for the S-Off business.

Cheers

Guest Daz555
Hi, am trying to unlock my T-Mob DHD 2.3.3.

For the moment I don't want to root it just SIM unlock it so I can get a French SIM for it on hols.

Can anyone recommend a decent backup tool that will preserve txts, etc as I've used a file manager to backup the apps?

Would welcome any other advice about preparing for the S-Off business.

Cheers

There is good downgrade advice over at XDA. As for backups - I have used SMS Backup & Restore from the market but there are loads to choose from. Most backup to a flat file on your SD card but a few will also backup to gmail.

I haven't even got that far :) My stupid command prompt doesn't navigate to the Downgrade folder, so i can't even get to running commands. Any advice from you guys on how to get pasty this? I just get a message saying the system cannot find the path specified. Really frustrating