[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113

Guest TigTex

Guest dakill

Contrary to the majority here, i think the soft keys vibrations are pretty useful. when an application is not responding or running slowly it is the only way of knowing that i have pressed the button or not

Guest Álisson D.

When I receive a message LED blinks (normal), after reading, rather than off, it stays on, just off after restart.

Other people had the same problem.

Sorry for the bad English. (Google Translate. :) )

When I receive a message LED blinks (normal), after reading, rather than off, it stays on, just off after restart.

Other people had the same problem.

Sorry for the bad English. (Google Translate. :) )

same here dude, i notice that 20 mins ago, the led blinks when you recieve the mensage but stays on green even after you read it. just turns off after a restart.

Guest TigTex
same here dude, i notice that 20 mins ago, the led blinks when you recieve the mensage but stays on green even after you read it. just turns off after a restart.

That's a blade's problem and since my rom is based on zte blade, you also have the problem.

There is nothing that I can do to fix this... We must wait until it's fixed on the blade's nightly builds.

-----

Meanwhile, I have compiled a new kernel that I want you to test it. It has swap support and I've changed some calibration values.

Anyone that feels brave enough to test it just download this zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?r61khq3ywf0cych

and flash it using clockworkmod recovery. No need to wipe anything, just flash and reboot.

Edited by TigTex

Guest rremedio
Or you can download rexchun's rom and use his boot.img instead of mine, he has swap on his kernel.

Tried to put his boot.img on your rom hoping for a better calibration. The rom loads but the touch won't work.

Your rom is better (battery life, languages, stability) but I'm sticking with Rexchun's rom becouse I type all day long.

Keep up the good work!!!

Guest rremedio
Meanwhile, I have compiled a new kernel that I want you to test it. It has swap support and I've changed some calibration values.

and flash it using clockworkmod recovery. No need to wipe anything, just flash and reboot.

I'm testing it. Seems like the touchscreen is much better now! Thank you!

edit: don't know about swap...do I need to partition anything?

Edited by rremedio

Guest Android77

Rremedio,

Go to > Conf. CyanogenMod > Perfomance > Use Compcache > set to 18% or up...

Restart te phone.

This feature is to improve system performance.

Tigtex, the calibration was very good!

I have had no problems pressing two keys simultaneously.

But it happens every once in a while the problem before, only now in the middle of the screen .. lol But far better to enter text. Thank you for the job again!

About the swap I'm still doing tests but the little I watched was fast yes, putting in 26%.

Actually after a while I realized that freed up more memory because of the swap, but I think I think decline to 18% better on tests that Icarus, 26% may compromise the speed SOME process already running.

But great job, very good!

I know how tricky because I'm a programmer. Net.

Edited by Android77

Guest buzzhaina

The new kernel calibration has gone few notches up... Kool... USB stopped working for me:-p cable is connected but nothing goes working at the status bar:-P

Hi Tig Tex,

Request - Can you please add indic language support in unicode.... i have installed indic fonts but its not rendering the complex scripts properly....

We Indians are very much waiting for this..... I know its difficult & we have to edit framework-res.apk and all.... but as you are very good at these stuff i thought you are the best guy to do this.... plssss plssss give complex script rendering support for indic languages... thank u...

Guest TigTex
The new kernel calibration has gone few notches up... Kool... USB stopped working for me:-p cable is connected but nothing goes working at the status bar:-P

Try to disable usb debugging...

shishir, i can't do nothing about languages, you have to request that to cyanogenmod team...

Edited by TigTex

Guest Lerik

The first thing i tried to disable debugging USB! I went back to the old kernel (racer-kernel-2.6.32.9-by-deadlink)!

I am no expert, but using the firmware (2.3.4 ZTE-U X850 MND-B01). Consume battery power at night and only 3-5 %. Radio works well and has no effect on energy consumption. In my opinion, the case in the firmware! Low power consumption characteristic of the firmware (2.3.4_mooncake_v1.88_mops1k_mod_Standart ). Maybe we should evaluate these firmware!

Edited by Lerik

That's a blade's problem and since my rom is based on zte blade, you also have the problem.

There is nothing that I can do to fix this... We must wait until it's fixed on the blade's nightly builds.

-----

oh, i see, i didnt know that it was a ZTE Blade bug.

testing now the new kernel!

if the phone usb goes into a failure like those 2 cases here in this thread, if i flash the V1.113 again it will return to kernel 2.6.32.9? or i will have to flash the previous kernel again manualy?

btw, this V1.113 was the best rom i've tested till now to the X850. congrats on your work man, i'm happy to have ppl like you on the internet.

EDIT:

i flashed the new kernel and my usb transfer is also gone (tested with debuggin on and off). :), but the screen calibration IS GREAT!

i'm back with the previous kernel thats is incorporated on the V1.113, and man, i miss the screen calibration of that kernel with swap, its a shame that usb did not worked propely, otherwise i must say that would be the best screen calibration by now.

Edited by oozi

Guest Android77

The accuracy is perfect, only the problem of recognizing two points as in the previous rom, as shown in the video.Correcting this would be perfect.

This is more unstable rom usb problem gave me and I had to return the old kernel.

Guest Oriberu

to me the same thing happens when I plug the USB does nothing, just load the battery :S I can't move files or anything... :)

Guest buzzhaina

Okay for me even the battery wasnt charging... with the new kernel.. disabled the usb debugging mock locations..n its charging as of now..got to check the usb:P

Guest Rafaelsan

I'm having problems with the GPS.

It's not finding my correct direction.

Also, when using street view in compass mode, the direction goes crazy and Android crashes, rebooting the phone.

Actually, when I open Google Maps and turn the phone right, the pointer goes left, and vice versa.

I've tried to calibrate the magnetometer but no deal.

Any tips?

Edited by Rafaelsan

Guest bollux78

Have anyone managed to put some clock widgets or other widgets in v113? I can install them, but they do not appear on the widgets list when long pressing the desktop. only advanced task killer could be added there.

any ideas? thanks !

Guest bollux78

Have anyone managed to put some clock widgets or other widgets in v113? I can install them, but they do not appear on the widgets list when long pressing the desktop. only advanced task killer could be added there.

any ideas? thanks !

sorry for double posting...............

Edited by bollux78

Guest oozi

any ideas? thanks !

widgets 100% normal here for me, i'm using at the moment: apn on/off, battery % widget and the clock.

Guest anil_go

any ideas? thanks !

yes

just move your app from sdcard to phone , then it will appear in the widget list

. simple, yesterday i installed analog clock widget succesfully :)

Guest Jésus Alberto
Try to disable usb debugging...

shishir, i can't do nothing about languages, you have to request that to cyanogenmod team...

In the last fix USB has stopped to work as mass storage even with debugging mode disabled. USB just for charging with that.

Hi Tig Tex,

New minor bug found - When you go to Video player app you see Music player tab icons on the top which should not be there....

Screenshots attached....

post-883696-1309543196_thumb.png

post-883696-1309543207_thumb.png