Instant battery drop

Guest dairymasta

Guest dairymasta

Haven't some issues with my streak recently....the battery will drain from around 39-35%ish to 1% instantly.

Anybody know what's causing this? Fubar'd battery or something wrong with the settings that i need to reset?

cheers

Guest Azurren
Haven't some issues with my streak recently....the battery will drain from around 39-35%ish to 1% instantly.

Anybody know what's causing this? Fubar'd battery or something wrong with the settings that i need to reset?

cheers

Follow the android battery re-calibration:

1. Turn on device, charge to full

2. Unplug, shutdown, reconnect and charge again till full

3. Unplug, turn on, (Wait till boot) turn off device

4. Reconnect the charger, charge till full

5. Unplug, boot strait into recovery (StreakMod or Clockwork) and "Wipe battery status" (Could be under advanced)

If this doesn't work then your battery is probably fubar

Guest dairymasta

So I let the battery die, charged it to 100% and did those steps, then wiped the battery stats.....left it before i went to sleep was at about 58% then I woke up and it was dead, which doesn't make sense at all as it shouldn't have even dropped below 45 or so.

I'm charging it to full again with the phone off, hopefully that'll help instead of charging it to full while the phone's on? It just seems there's no battery life in between around 40% and 1% and it just dies instantly...but when I'm charging it I see it charging through the numbers 1-40 so I don't get it :P

EDIT: Also I forgot to add, it stays on 100% for a ridiculous amount of time, the other day was at 100% for 9 hours....I think there's something wrong with how's it reading the battery but wiping battery stats hasn't helped?

Edited by dairymasta

Guest Azurren
So I let the battery die, charged it to 100% and did those steps, then wiped the battery stats.....left it before i went to sleep was at about 58% then I woke up and it was dead, which doesn't make sense at all as it shouldn't have even dropped below 45 or so.

I'm charging it to full again with the phone off, hopefully that'll help instead of charging it to full while the phone's on? It just seems there's no battery life in between around 40% and 1% and it just dies instantly...but when I'm charging it I see it charging through the numbers 1-40 so I don't get it :D

EDIT: Also I forgot to add, it stays on 100% for a ridiculous amount of time, the other day was at 100% for 9 hours....I think there's something wrong with how's it reading the battery but wiping battery stats hasn't helped?

Don't wipe the battery status again unless you follow the entire guide step by step. No permanent damage but it will decrease your current battery life

If I were you I would nandroid, re-flash a custom rom then use Dells factory reset (In recovery) before writing off the battery

Other than that I can't think of anything else :D

Guest fards

I had exactly the symptoms you describe, doing the battery calibration didnt work, I think it was the battery itself, I suspect that one of the cells was dead.

as I lost my streak, and have a replacement, its obviously not happening now.

Edited by fards

Guest dairymasta
I had exactly the symptoms you describe, doing the battery calibration didnt work, I think it was the battery itself, I suspect that one of the cells was dead.

as I lost my streak, and have a replacement, its obviously not happening now.

Did the battery calibration and wiped the stats, didn't work. Did it again, and it's fine now, but battery seems to be dying very quickly compared to how it used to, but at least there's no instant drop now?

I broke my old streak and they gave me a new one, so might open the new one's box...but was hoping to keep all those components sealed for when I wanna sell it. :/

Guest Azurren
Did the battery calibration and wiped the stats, didn't work. Did it again, and it's fine now, but battery seems to be dying very quickly compared to how it used to, but at least there's no instant drop now?

I broke my old streak and they gave me a new one, so might open the new one's box...but was hoping to keep all those components sealed for when I wanna sell it. :/

"Opened box to check the contents"

:D

"to test the contents" would be more appropriate

Guest dairymasta
"Opened box to check the contents"

:D

"to test the contents" would be more appropriate

Not quite sure I follow? lol