ROM CM 7.1..nightly & MIUI "2.3.4" ROM's Latest updates ( Fully Working)

Guest sundawg

Guest atifx
battery drain for miui very 'bad, I alreadhour

y recalibrate my battery I still get 2-3 % per hour

We have to wait for some tweak :D OR, WAIT FOR THE NEXT VERSION... :D

Guest atifx
We have to wait for some tweak :D OR, WAIT FOR THE NEXT VERSION... :D

OK.. I am gonna drain my Battery now to 0%. :o Then recharge it back to 100% and do a "Wipe Batt Stats"

Will Update the results.. :(

Guest vikings123
Alrite guys i made this new thread ..cause i don't want users to get confused with so many rom & patch updates going around..so it would be easy for everyone to get update from one place..*** No Offense to any dev please for making New thread***

____________________ENjoy The ROM _________________

This is a great ROM.

I tested it for one full day and almost everything was working very smooth.

I didn't have any chance to test camcorder.

Battery drain is OK too.

Thanks pal.

Guest LSteam
battery drain is good for most & even I get 0.5 -1%/hour of drain..just chck in settings/display autorotation s enabled..if disabled..enable it..and yes at times autorotation don't work on default launcher2 miui ..so try go launcher ex from maket and see if the rotation works on it :D

very good work, nice rom :D

just...i want to know what boot.img are you using in your rom...thanks! :o

Guest sundawg
Hi guys,

I'm getting an error when pressing SMS from a contact in contacts.

contact>sms(complete action using)>SMS is giving me a FC.

(process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly.

anyone else having the same problem? :D

---

known error

http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.p...5.27-BUG-SMS-FC

its a bug ..happens occasionally..will be fixed in next update ..i believe :D

Guest mmick

I have the same SMS issue!

So far, 1 day from using this ROM (MIUI 2.5.4):

1- that SMS issue (if I select a contact > text > process com.android.mms gives a FC)

2- after using a BT headset for a call, afterwards (after turning off the BT headset & Liquid´s BT) I get no sound on calls, both on the earpiece or on the loudspeaker

3- sometimes I get a second (different) PIN CODE screen, I can only select "dismiss"

4- it´s useless to select only to use 2G networks as after a reboot or airplane mode it enables 3G again (more battery drain!)

5- I monitored battery use and the problem is from "Dialer" and "Android" processes, this with the phone on standby (only 2G network ON. Everything else like Wifi, BT, Data, etc are off)

6- WiFi seems to use a LOT of battery! Perhaps because it sets more power when it doesn´t need too: in places at home where I used to get 2 bars now I get full bars. Nevertheless in "real life" it works at the same speed (Froyo & MIUI 2.3.4) but on MIUI 2.3.4 the battery real takes a BIG hit!

7- I get some FC / stange behavior when I open apps that demand more RAM (like Dolphin HD Mini with 2-3 webpages)

8- I have many problems sending big SMS (those SMS with ç, à, á, etc that use and send 3 or 4 standard SMS). I always ought to remove some western characters (for the SMS to stay within the 1-2 SMS size) to be sent. Else the SMS returns a send error

9- Ringtones volume is too low, even at máx setting

I already wiped and flashed 2-3 times with the same result. I did not change default options and I haven´t installed nothing more than "Fancy Widget" and "Dolphin Mini". Light sensor is off and LCD is around 20%.

Edited by mmick

Guest SmithyBeatz

Flashed cm7. 1 about 5 times. I wiped everything except of ext partition, but still no a2sd and i don't know why. I don't see the a2sdgui In the zip of the Rom to delete it. After installing the gui from market it says script not found. I'm on the bin 4.0008.08 for 256mb or so. Have no problems in leogb with DT's a2sdgui. So what am I doing wrong?? Why doesn't it works out of the box?

Guest sundawg
I have the same SMS issue!

So far, 1 day from using this ROM (MIUI 2.5.4):

1- that SMS issue (if I select a contact > text > process com.android.mms gives a FC)

2- after using a BT headset for a call, afterwards (after turning off the BT headset & Liquid´s BT) I get no sound on calls, both on the earpiece or on the loudspeaker

3- sometimes I get a second (different) PIN CODE screen, I can only select "dismiss"

4- it´s useless to select only to use 2G networks as after a reboot or airplane mode it enables 3G again (more battery drain!)

5- I monitored battery use and the problem is from "Dialer" and "Android" processes, this with the phone on standby (only 2G network ON. Everything else like Wifi, BT, Data, etc are off)

6- WiFi seems to use a LOT of battery! Perhaps because it sets more power when it doesn´t need too: in places at home where I used to get 2 bars now I get full bars. Nevertheless in "real life" it works at the same speed (Froyo & MIUI 2.3.4) but on MIUI 2.3.4 the battery real takes a BIG hit!

7- I get some FC / stange behavior when I open apps that demand more RAM (like Dolphin HD Mini with 2-3 webpages)

8- I have many problems sending big SMS (those SMS with ç, à, á, etc that use and send 3 or 4 standard SMS). I always ought to remove some western characters (for the SMS to stay within the 1-2 SMS size) to be sent. Else the SMS returns a send error

9- Ringtones volume is too low, even at máx setting

I already wiped and flashed 2-3 times with the same result. I did not change default options and I haven´t installed nothing more than "Fancy Widget" and "Dolphin Mini". Light sensor is off and LCD is around 20%.

MIUI 2.5.4 ?? there isnt anything by that..anyway for your issue of sms /texting..it's already been raised in miui dev forum and probably gonna be fixed in next version..for 2g to 3g setting after reboot..its a generic MIUI rom issue..some settings cannot be saved...i would suggest use a toggler such as widgetsoid from market.i personally use widgetsoid..again coming to wifi..yes its not that you have a special phone..wifi def consume more power ..then 3g or 2g data..finally coming to the battery..keep ur battery calibrated twice a month..i've posted a thread for it .you can check it..and yes..the battery back up reduces after using it for sometime..plus optimization of rom's with new build..and i also noticed..'em haVING liquid a1..have battery issue more..then with liquid E users find it little less..probably A1 Is the earlier version of liquid.. :D

Guest mmkim
MIUI 2.5.4 ?? there isnt anything by that..anyway for your issue of sms /texting..it's already been raised in miui dev forum and probably gonna be fixed in next version..for 2g to 3g setting after reboot..its a generic MIUI rom issue..some settings cannot be saved...i would suggest use a toggler such as widgetsoid from market.i personally use widgetsoid..again coming to wifi..yes its not that you have a special phone..wifi def consume more power ..then 3g or 2g data..finally coming to the battery..keep ur battery calibrated twice a month..i've posted a thread for it .you can check it..and yes..the battery back up reduces after using it for sometime..plus optimization of rom's with new build..and i also noticed..'em haVING liquid a1..have battery issue more..then with liquid E users find it little less..probably A1 Is the earlier version of liquid.. :D

not bad guy!!

all is miui issues. take it easy. :D

Guest kubrick89

Hello everyone!

For the problem of the compass has been said that remove ms3c_yamaha.cfg would solve the problem ... but I discovered that I can just change the permissions to 777 to solve the problem, but after reboot the permissions are set back to 644 ... I created a script in gscript to change permissions quickly, but a real fix for it would be to run the script at boot ... Some people like how to do it? I already tried to put it n /system/etc/init.d/

Guest sundawg
Flashed cm7. 1 about 5 times. I wiped everything except of ext partition, but still no a2sd and i don't know why. I don't see the a2sdgui In the zip of the Rom to delete it. After installing the gui from market it says script not found. I'm on the bin 4.0008.08 for 256mb or so. Have no problems in leogb with DT's a2sdgui. So what am I doing wrong?? Why doesn't it works out of the box?

smithy i have updated darktremor script in first post...just follow the procedure in my first post ..app2d gui will work fine now..sorry for the delay in replying your question..its for cm7.1 :D

Guest Rajit

@sundawg

Flashed it. Disabled high-res graphics in the launcher settings and it is *VERY* smooth now. Battery drain is also nice. My one and a half year old worn-out battery is lasting better than previous MIUI versions. It's snappy as well!!

Apart from the little issue with the at times unresponsive soft keys, I'm really happy with this rom. Gonna stick with this one for a few weeks. Awesome work dude!

(And even though I use PlayerPRO, thanks for including PowerAMP :D )

Guest MoNzAi1988
Hi guys,

I'm getting an error when pressing SMS from a contact in contacts.

contact>sms(complete action using)>SMS is giving me a FC.

(process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly.

anyone else having the same problem? :D

---

known error

http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.p...5.27-BUG-SMS-FC

+1, every contact i also have the same problem

Guest Temur
Wow CM7.1 nightly is so smooth and fast!

I have install CM7.1 nightly + a2sd DT(gui) + old_sensor

All work very good, only :

- p-sensor for display out by calling, but i put manual the display out, that is no problem

- light-sensor

accerometer + comapss sensor work with the old_sensor patch! this two sensors are important than p-sensor/light-sensor.

with cm7.1 i haven't a problem with the camera :D (in miui the phone sudden-reboot after taken pictures)

CM7.1 ROCK MY ACER-LIQUID!

(This android version 2.3 is for everyday use OK!)

Thanks at all DEV's!

wifi-tethering dont work :D

and in the shool today, is my mobile suddenly reboot

Guest ccarmand
wifi-tethering dont work :D

and in the shool today, is my mobile suddenly reboot

Which one do you recommend ?CM7.1 ROCK MY ACER-LIQUID or cm7.1nightly ?

Guest sundawg
@sundawg

Flashed it. Disabled high-res graphics in the launcher settings and it is *VERY* smooth now. Battery drain is also nice. My one and a half year old worn-out battery is lasting better than previous MIUI versions. It's snappy as well!!

Apart from the little issue with the at times unresponsive soft keys, I'm really happy with this rom. Gonna stick with this one for a few weeks. Awesome work dude!

(And even though I use PlayerPRO, thanks for including PowerAMP :D )

All gud !! if it helps :D

Guest sundawg
For me battery drain is not so good... any possibility to improve it in future?

well i've already mentioned few post above..about battery..it depends on how you use it..how old is your battery plus latest rom optimization..anyway i suggest follow my procedure in the link below i had made a thread for it..few weeks ago..and it def works..so give it a try :D

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-battery-drain/