[ROM] [18-06] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.7 Froyo! - ON THE ROAD TO REVOLUTION

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR
I found the trip folder but i cant find the flashtool u installed. i tried to copy/paste the tripbb folder to my already installed flash tools but didnt see anything in the firmwares folder.

Why do you copy the folder away? I said it is all included.. ???

Just start flashtool thats the only thing you need to do with package

unzip

start flashtool (FROM THE PACKAGE)

flash

done

Hi Trip,

can u add in your OP which version of MIUI is used in this ROM as you have mentioned in GB rom????

Why? MIUI version doesnt change anymore?

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest ifellasleep

unzip

flash

done

flashtool isnt opening. I found the flashtoolzip and doubble clicked but its not opening

Guest scotths

unzip

flash

done

I am attempting to use the included flash tool. After unzipping and starting the program I select the flash option and the firmware. When the "searching for xperia" message appears I connect the x10 in flash mode (holding the back button). The green light comes on, the computer beeps, but the program does not seem to see the connection.

Notably the commonly used flash tool works fine and I was able to easily flash the combined 0.67 baseband/0.65 kernel mentioned earlier in the thread.

I am using 32 bit windows xp for flashing.

Would it be possible to include instructions for flashing with the normal flash tool or some suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Guest TripNRaVeR
flashtool isnt opening. I found the flashtoolzip and doubble clicked but its not opening

In the post above me you can read the exact way how to use it.

Guest BuglyAstard

unzip

flash

done

For me, as before with your 61, it sais "searching for xperia" and never finds it, so I took the sin files and made a bundle then flashed with flash tool. Is this wrong? I guess Im stupid I cant get yours too work. About to flash 1.5.6, its like christmas around here.

Guest highaltitude
For me, as before with your 61, it sais "searching for xperia" and never finds it, so I took the sin files and made a bundle then flashed with flash tool. Is this wrong? I guess Im stupid I cant get yours too work. About to flash 1.5.6, its like christmas around here.

your plugging the cord in too early

Guest Neel007

It is working perfect with bb 67.

though i dont have time for testing tripNbb 67.

Screen looks more clear and vivid...

Liked the new bootanimation.

Guest Neel007

turn off phone

Select the BB package from flashtool

Click on Flash but dont connect phone before clicking it.

Now it will continuously trying to connect and will show "searching for xperia" in loop.

Now hold back button and connect phone to usb.

Green light will appear.. done.

Guest laill
In the post above me you can read the exact way how to use it.

Very glad to see you push out so much update :D

I,with some guys in a Hong Kong forum,am following you :o

For the 1.5.6,still cant use new xRec. because of the incompaticable of the sh file?

cheers,

L

Edit:I prefer the old boot animation more :D

Edited by laill

Guest TripNRaVeR
For the 1.5.6,still cant use new xRec

Correct there is no need for me to fix new xrec, 0.3 is more then enough for me.

Eventually i will look at it i guess. But for now no, there is no use at all for investing my time in that. It brings nothing new now, yeah dual boot but then you loose directly 256mb space. What a waste, therefore no upgrade to new xrec.

If there is really a need for dual boot then i can make one that boots from sd, if it is all about a rom with camera then thats just as good without loosing all space. You can just not mount sdcard to pc when you run it from sd but acces sdcard is no problem. Mounting sd to pc from primary os would be no problem

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest laill
Correct there is no need for me to fix new xrec, 0.3 is more then enough for me.

Eventually i will look at it i guess. But for now no, there is no use at all for investing my time in that. It brings nothing new now, yeah dual boot but then you loose directly 256mb space. What a waste, therefore no upgrade to new xrec.

If there is really a need for dual boot then i can make one that boots from sd, if it is all about a rom with camera then thats just as good without loosing all space. You can just not mount sdcard to pc when you run it from sd but acces sdcard is no problem. Mounting sd to pc from primary os would be no problem

Very true indeed.

I am very interested on dualboot.

Dualboot on SD is very laggy,I mean at least the data partition,like the FreeX10 alpha.It might cause some problems when recording videos if the OS are on the sd card or even just for light use.....the speed of sd card is just too slow unless C10 sd class is used :D

I am wondering if we can reduce the size of the dualboot os.

For example,I have created a new 55mb empty data.ext2,instead of the original 256mb one

For the system.ext2,further cleaning can reduce it to about 100 mb(may be even smaller? :D )

I know that we must not need new xRec to dual boot,it just depends on the hijack of the booting sequence(chargemon and a script)

I tried for 30 mins last night,will go on to try tonight once I have finished my differentiation :o

cheers,

L

PS,we are all waiting the arc,it's just to excited

Edited by laill

Guest glim9981

Finally, version 1.5.6...wow..downloading and testing...

Thanks..TripN...you are really fast..But don forget take some good rest.. :D :D

Guest Mr. Scary

Hi,

Can anyone please confirm if the Audio/Video sync in 720p recording is fixed in v1.5.6 or not?

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Guest Dagna

Hi Trip,

Thank You Sir! for this wonderful ROM. I just moved from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 without any hassle. The new one is superb, esp. the camera, man.

One thing I notice with 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 is that my radio signal fluctuates a lot, like goes from 3 bar to one and sometimes to nothing. I don't know if it is related to the phone, rom or my place. This doesn't happen everywhere but mainly in my place. May be poor network. Well, I guess SE is not NOKIA in that line.

PS I am already using xrecovery 1.0.0 and I have absolutely no problem to zap between the multitude of ROMS so far. Very big thanks to Z whose work has enabled playing with ROMS much easier than playing AngryBirds.

Keep up the good work.

"Money gone Nothing gone, Health gone something gone but character gone everything gone."

Guest tophergrace
turn off phone

Select the BB package from flashtool

Click on Flash but dont connect phone before clicking it.

Now it will continuously trying to connect and will show "searching for xperia" in loop.

Now hold back button and connect phone to usb.

Green light will appear.. done.

Correct me if im wrong.. If im on BB 67 already, do I have to flash the BB package from Trip???

Guest Dagna
Correct me if im wrong.. If im on BB 67 already, do I have to flash the BB package from Trip???

No need to flash anything. This ROM works flawlessly on BB67.

Guest Ajael44

Allways on top Trip !

Zero issues ! ! ! You'r the best !

Just the issue to recieve MMS with picture attached...

Thx Btw... ! ! !

:D :D :o

Edited by Ajael44

Guest Dagna
and on 61 :D

I think Trip mentioned that this version was made to work on BB58 and above. I may be wrong, though

That said, the new BB 67 has lots of improvements and worth the reflashing, my opinion

Guest frankie_fish
I think Trip mentioned that this version was made to work on BB58 and above. I may be wrong, though

That said, the new BB 67 has lots of improvements and worth the reflashing, my opinion

but i noticed my battery life is better on 61 :D

Guest xptitanlee

tripbb 67 at front page got virus in my eset scan, it wont allowed me to download, may i ask anyone has this issue and if yes then any way to solved to try this patch? FYI i'm using X10.2.1.B.0.1. thanks very much

Guest ifellasleep
No need to flash anything. This ROM works flawlessly on BB67.

Thank You for mentioning this info it helped me immensely