[ROM] [18-06] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.7 Froyo! - ON THE ROAD TO REVOLUTION

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest gogogu
hi mates .... I'm using tripmiui-ires 1.0.8 until now and it's perfect using BB 49 ....

1-do you suggest me to update to 1.6.9 or shall i wait for next release ?

2- do i stay in BB49 or switch to 52 or higher ... ?

3- do i install custom kernel or stay at stock ?

Please i'll be so thankful if you answer and sorry for being lazy i'll provide with feedback with anything later ....

Edit : btw i read most of previous posts and it makes me confused .

I'm on BB49, clean install, stock kernel, wifi fix, works awesome! ROM flies

Guest TripNRaVeR
HTC are giving unlocked bootloader --- http://www.slashgear.com/htc-promises-unlo...hones-08158007/

I am planning to buy sensation ... Samsung have already tweaked sgs2 so much and there is nothing left to do

it will be great to customize sensation and tweak it... i think we can get more out of sensation and it has the best GPU... but dont know what htc did with it??

Yes thats good news the only thing is that it maybe takes months from now untill it gets done. I want to get a new phone very soon, I also like HTC more then Samsung but I have the feeling that it maybe gets in the same way as Xperia where SE completely *** us all with that crappy 1.6 Android and after 2 years still begging for 2.3 I dont want to get in this nightmare again. When buying Samsung I can start right away with modding roms. Do you know if there is root for Sensation? If it is then it might be an option after all for time being to give it a go.

Guest TripNRaVeR
so Trip we need to change our phones ? ;)

LOL:P yes

When this rom is fully final this rom is FREE TO USE AND DISTRIBUTE FOR ALL (MoDaCo only!)

And as a present I will be giving support to everyone who wants to modify or who wants to continue this project, I will help in the beginning with some things if you want to continue (MoDaCo only!)

Guest Neel007
Yes thats good news the only thing is that it maybe takes months from now untill it gets done. I want to get a new phone very soon, I also like HTC more then Samsung but I have the feeling that it maybe gets in the same way as Xperia where SE completely *** us all with that crappy 1.6 Android and after 2 years still begging for 2.3 I dont want to get in this nightmare again. When buying Samsung I can start right away with modding roms. Do you know if there is root for Sensation? If it is then it might be an option after all for time being to give it a go.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1098849

i dont know the detail , but these guys have made custom ROM already , so there must be a root for sensation at least... ;)

edit- soory i forgot u dont have access to xda ... :P

Edited by Neel007

Guest Neel007
Thanks for that link, i'm at my work now so i can read it ;)

Sensation it is then!

inform us when you'll buy a new mobile... coz i guess so many from here will move to the same... :P

any idea when is the official 2.3 of xperia going to release?

it's almost going to be an end of Q2 but still no news.... n i am tired of this x10 now...

as soon as they will release 2.3 i will flash it and will give this x10 to my younger brother....

and even there is no use of x10 if no trip updates will be there...

Edited by Neel007

Guest jpminou
Auto brightness doesn't work for me. 1.6.9 on bb52.

auto brightness is working but is very slow

edit : my battery after 1 day is now at 35% BB67 normal use some web browsing(data and wifi) and phone calls.

i think it will get better after calibration.

Edited by jpminou

Guest Bjarte

So which baseband is the best then? Been using your custom .49 for a while now, and I'm curious about what a higher baseband can offer in terms of batterylife and such..

Any takers?

Guest jpminou
So which baseband is the best then? Been using your custom .49 for a while now, and I'm curious about what a higher baseband can offer in terms of batterylife and such..

Any takers?

the best way to find which the best BB is by trying diff BB cause it depends on how u use ur phone.

battery calibration is really needed:

i fully charged my battery at 100%,take out my charger than went to xrecovery a did the battery wipe than take out my battery and put again.reboot and my battery was on 88% so a did another charge to 100%.

i noticed that my battery last longer.

Guest Atanu89

I will follow you trip to another mobile!!!

I may be a few months behind untill my contract ends, but I was going to go with the HTC sensation as the samsung GS2 is too plastic and iphone like for me.

Plus HTC will unlock bootloader and i do believe the sensation is rooted.

A solid dev deserves a solid phone ;)

Thanks for all your contributions my friend

Guest Bjarte
the best way to find which the best BB is by trying diff BB cause it depends on how u use ur phone.

battery calibration is really needed:

i fully charged my battery at 100%,take out my charger than went to xrecovery a did the battery wipe than take out my battery and put again.reboot and my battery was on 88% so a did another charge to 100%.

i noticed that my battery last longer.

Fair enough. .49 works for now. Didn't use my phone that much yesterday and recharged it during the night before last. Haven't recharged it since, and it's still going strong. Guess I'll play around a bit later. Thanks! ;)

Guest cjsabaki

Trip,

Good morning!!

I know on the htc inspire 4g / desire hd, there is a set up called ace hack kit and bubby's root kit for them... more complicated than x10, but rootable and tweakable...

Haven't flashed Wifes new phone yet, reading and not wanting to brick it during s-off, soon!!

Thank you for all you do!!

Best regards,

Chris

P.s...isn't XJ's miui page for HTC tooo!!! Hehe!! Wife wants miui on her htc baaaaad!!! Its all ur fault!!! Lol!!!8-)

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest jpminou
What does you mean from "Very Slow".

AB works or does not work!

Yes it work but but going from outdoor to indoor take too much time to dim down.sorry for my bad English ;)

Guest TripNRaVeR
Trip,

Good morning!!

I know on the htc inspire 4g / desire hd, there is a set up called ace hack kit and bubby's root kit for them... more complicated than x10, but rootable and tweakable...

Haven't flashed Wifes new phone yet, reading and not wanting to brick it during s-off, soon!!

Thank you for all you do!!

Best regards,

Chris

Maybe you should adopt my "baby's" Miss Froyo and Miss Gingerbread and take care of them ;)

Guest cjsabaki

Would be a true honor. But I couldn't develop my way outa paper bag!! I do not know the first thing about creating a rom!!! Gladly help in any way I can with my limited knowledge.

Best regards,

Chris

Guest Madsen Felipe
On first reboot the turn on/turn off screen dim is smooth, but after 3 reboots this "animations" have glitches

It just happens to me?