[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest BuglyAstard

I got wifi tethering to work, used the wireless tethering app from the market. It failed before but now I realised theres a compatibilty setting in app manager and by default the app had this enabled, I turned that off and now it works great! Now the only thing left to make this perfect for me is app2sd.

Guest cjsabaki

Rrrrrrrockinn!!!

Great timing!!!!! I can actually try this one out asap!!! ( just got 1.2.1 moved to the sd card today after work, road trip, kids, now home!!!! ) Sweet!!

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest stavv

Hey, so just came back to try out this new GB ROM thinking that the issues i had with previous versions may be resolved...

not so lucky though..

after a while of the data connection working, it suddenly stops.. i still have full reception with 3g or H, but just constant errors saying "a net work error has occured" looks like i can still recieve calls during this time..

and it isn't just one app that has the issue it occurs across the who thing.. market, browser etc...

any ideas? origional post from many pages ago is below.. never got any replies that time..

Stavv

Hi all,

Been following this for a while and have been using custom roms for a while. I think i may have found a bug.

using any of these Gingerbread Roms, whilst i get 3G or H signal the actual "data" connection seems to drop out and not come back.. For example in the market, a message pops up saying the network connection in unavilable, retry or cancel... I can click retry as many times as i like and it just keeps happening, trying to browse the web just gives apage can't be displayed. seems that going into airplane mode and back out corrects teh issue for a short while.

Interesting to note that i can recieve calls when this issue is happening?

I've tried using bb67, Trips .65 and .61 as well, all have the same issue.. Trips froyo rom does not have this issue using any of those basebands.

Hope this helps.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Changelog:

- HUGE IMPROVED ON GAMES

example quadrant first game test from 16fps to 28fps constantly (without fps uncap)

- Mobile data connection improved

- Upgrade to Android 2.3.5

- Upgrade to MIUI 1.7.29

- DSP Manager added

- Improved battery performance

- Improved overall rom performance

- CM7 keyboard added

- Updated to latest SU

My quadrant score is 1500 with this latest version.

KNOWN BUG: PLAYING HIGH-DEF VIDEOS GIVES LOW QUALITY

reason: bravia engine bricked, allready fixed so dont worry!

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest pana001

thanks trip!

i love to use your rom but hope someone can help to fix the wifi, that's importance.

send by : x10i Tripmiui-GB-1.2.1

Edited by pana001

Guest ZePhantom

thanks trip!

i love to use your rom but hope someone can help to fix the wifi, that's importance.

send by : x10i Tripmiui-GB-1.2.1

You will need to use 1.2 ... 1.3 does not have Wifi .. dont install it if you absolutely need it.

Wait a few days and see if a solution is available.

Changelog:

- HUGE IMPROVED ON GAMES

example quadrant first game test from 16fps to 28fps constantly (without fps uncap)

- Mobile data connection improved

- Upgrade to Android 2.3.5

- Upgrade to MIUI 1.7.29

- DSP Manager added

- Improved battery performance

- Improved overall rom performance

- CM7 keyboard added

- Updated to latest SU

My quadrant score is 1500 with this latest version.

KNOWN BUG: PLAYING HIGH-DEF VIDEOS GIVES LOW QUALITY

reason: bravia engine bricked, allready fixed so dont worry!

how about torch?

Guest cjsabaki

Set up n running!! No bugs so far, basics work..

. Market, good

. Su permission, root explorer, good

. Settings, all good

. Hw leds, good

Connectivity n data download speed much better.... 4 bars here!!! Woooohooo!!

Damn good step ahead!!!

Faster..... smoother.....anti spam apk?? Wtf??? Build prop big changes!! Its working!!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest SourceCode

Love 1.2.1, but I am SO tempted to try out this new release. However I wish the WiFi was also working, as I use it quite often!!! Damn!!

Trip - I know you would have tried your best to get WiFi working, thank you as always mate :)

Guest TripNRaVeR

at least attempt to read 1st before asking questions! The answer is like 2 post up... God!

I even stated it a couple of times so its a pretty useless question indeed. Therefore i left the link to 1.2.1