[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest QuangtusPham

Seems that something is enabled cause neither bootanimation nor the rom welcome screen is showing :lol:

Rom boot is complete hw leds on, charging led on, but still SE in the display hehehe lol

It happened to me too. It remains bootloop and never start again. I have to flash back from beginning (from 2.1).

How to fix?

Guest saltorio

i got a FC when trying to open Stock sms apps ~> settings dry.gif

is there anyway to fix it myself ?

I haven't gotten that far yet, but this maybe:

Try this via Root Explorer

http://dl.dropbox.co...1996466/Mms.apk

-edit-

Hmm... not sure what the Root Explorer method of installing an .APK is, but installing it via FlashTool doesn't work.

Edited by saltorio

Guest cjsabaki

Confirm, mms apk from rom 1.2.1 works fine, settings ect in 1.2.4!!!!!!

Use root explorer to extract mms apk from rom on your sd card ( 1.2.1 ) delete mms apk in system app folder ( 1.2.4 ), move or copy mms apk from 1.2.1 there, long press, set permissions to match other apps or just ok all across top row, exit, reboot, run fix permission in xrec, just for kicks.... done, settings n all should now work!!!

Confirm # 2, NO font change with theme manager on 1.2.4......Sorry..

All else is flawless.......

Looks good, runs great!!!

I think 1.3 is faster, ( went from 1.3 to 1.2.4 ) Both are excellent.

Thanks Trip!!! Rest up!!! Good night!!

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest mhxjack

Use root explorer to extract mms apk from rom on your sd card ( 1.2.1 ) delete mms apk in system app folder ( 1.2.4 ), move or copy mms apk from 1.2.1 there, long press, set permissions to match other apps or just ok all across top row, exit, reboot, run fix permission in xrec, just for kicks.... done, settings n all should now work!!!

Confirm # 2, NO font change with theme manager on 1.2.4......Sorry..

All else is flawless.......

Looks good, runs great!!!

I think 1.3 is faster, ( went from 1.3 to 1.2.4 ) Both are excellent.

Thanks Trip!!! Rest up!!! Good night!!

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Guest saltorio

Use root explorer to extract mms apk from rom on your sd card ( 1.2.1 ) delete mms apk in system app folder ( 1.2.4 ), move or copy mms apk from 1.2.1 there, long press, set permissions to match other apps or just ok all across top row, exit, reboot, run fix permission in xrec, just for kicks.... done, settings n all should now work!!

Yep, I can confirm replacing the Mms.apk from the 1.2.4 ROM with one extracted from the 1.2.1 ROM works.

Much thanks, cjsabaki!

Guest BuglyAstard

FC when pressing advanced button during a call, anyone else? What are the options in advanced? It fcs before any menu pops up.

Sorry forgot to meantion on 1.2.4, and one other thing I found strange. When you go to app manager and look in "On SD card" it has apps in there, but I cant find them anywhere in my sd card.

In both 1.2.4 and 1.3 if you hit record in a call it reboots, and advanced options during calls will force close the dialer.

Edited by BuglyAstard

Guest Nilesh Wagholikar

Hi Trip,

First of all thanks for such a great ROM, and for making this ROM work so fast :) .

I just have one issue which is imp for me. While in call, when I am pressing recorder, its giving FC in both 1.3 and 1.2.1. I still need to check on 1.2.4. Could you check this? As I need recorder to record few calls and its one of the imp feature for me.

Also as last time I requested, could you add language support for all Indian Languages? I can see all languages on Stock ROM but not in 1.2.1 or 1.3

Regards,

Nilesh

Guest Atanu89

Hey guys can I install TripnMIUI 1.2.4 or 1.3 on BB67?

Its the only BB here in australia that allows me to correctly have 3G all the time...

Thanks!

Guest SleepyX10

Uploading TripNMiUI-Iris 1.2.4 dry.gif

Hi Guys!

Could someone suggest the right way to update from Iris Froyo 1.83 (baseband 67) to Iris Gingerbread 1.2.4 (or 1.3) please?

Thank you very much!

Guest bolinoy

Hi Guys!

Could someone suggest the right way to update from Iris Froyo 1.83 (baseband 67) to Iris Gingerbread 1.2.4 (or 1.3) please?

Thank you very much!

follow the instructions at the first page.

Guest BuglyAstard

Hey guys can I install TripnMIUI 1.2.4 or 1.3 on BB67?

Its the only BB here in australia that allows me to correctly have 3G all the time...

Thanks!

I tried bb67, and it works great on data and calls, in fact no one complained about not hearing me good and clear like on 65 and 71, but messages will not work, atleast for me. I used bb65 with zero problems aside from in call clarity using speakerphone. I tried 55 and 54 and got no sms. Dont just go and flash a new baseband ftf, you need the gingerbread kernel in there, there is tutorials you can read online or I made a half assed instruction somewhere in this thread, its easy if my dumbass can do it.

Guest Atanu89

I tried bb67, and it works great on data and calls, in fact no one complained about not hearing me good and clear like on 65 and 71, but messages will not work, atleast for me. I used bb65 with zero problems aside from in call clarity using speakerphone. I tried 55 and 54 and got no sms. Dont just go and flash a new baseband ftf, you need the gingerbread kernel in there, there is tutorials you can read online or I made a half assed instruction somewhere in this thread, its easy if my dumbass can do it.

Thanks man, yeah I am heaps sceptical about going away from BB67 as its worked perfect for me at the moment and I can't afford to have a phone where someone cannot hear me well (I know it has not thing to do with roms).

I might give BB71 a try today because I am at home and its saturday afternoon :)

Guest Rockstar239

hey guys what is the name for the market app? i wanna flash the newest version of the market that trip took out. i had no speed problems at all and wanted to flash it back. and do i use the flashtool to install it again?

Thanks man, yeah I am heaps sceptical about going away from BB67 as its worked perfect for me at the moment and I can't afford to have a phone where someone cannot hear me well (I know it has not thing to do with roms).

I might give BB71 a try today because I am at home and its saturday afternoon :)

hey mate i'm also in aus. on optus and running .71 bb it got updated with my 2.3.3 update through seus. Works perfect

Edited by Rockstar239

Guest Oodie

Hi Guys!

Thank you very much!

1. Download

a. http://www.mediafire.com/?rb71tpl1k1egq933 - X10-Iris_3.0.1.G.0.75-TripNRaVeR - UPDATE 01

b. http://www.mediafire.com/?q53h4rzzblnta8r - FTF for kernel and BB

2. Install " X10-Iris_3.0.1.G.0.75-TripNRaVeR - UPDATE 01 " via Xrec

--> After its done remove the battery from the 4n & insert it again ( usb cable should be disconnected from pc )

3. Flash " FTF for kernel and BB " Via Flashtool ( you know how to use flashtool right ? )

4. Turn on the phone & you are done !

These steps are for the SE firmware -- You can replace "X10-Iris_3.0.1.G.0.75-TripNRaVeR - UPDATE 01" file to "TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.3" to use this MIUI version .

--- All the links used from Trips Topics -- This & This

Guest Atanu89

hey guys what is the name for the market app? i wanna flash the newest version of the market that trip took out. i had no speed problems at all and wanted to flash it back. and do i use the flashtool to install it again?

hey mate i'm also in aus. on optus and running .71 bb it got updated with my 2.3.3 update through seus. Works perfect

Thanks man! I also am with Optus!

So should I go ahead and update through SEUS and then root it? then get to this rom?

Thanks alot!

So everything is working as it should be with this 1.2.4 right?

Thanks guys

Guest bolinoy

Vending.apk

Guest Rockstar239

Thanks man! I also am with Optus!

So should I go ahead and update through SEUS and then root it? then get to this rom?

Thanks alot!

So everything is working as it should be with this 1.2.4 right?

Thanks guys

You'll most likly have too flash the MMS fix a few posts back. kept F/Cin other then that should be smick

Vending.apk

Cheers do i just replace then flash Rom or can i just use flashtool?