[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest _astrall_

But how to change fonts.. there must be a way. I dont like default fonts :blink:

Go grab any .ttf font (standard and bold type)

Rename the standard font to Arial.ttf and the bold type to Arial-Bold.ttf,

Using Root Explorer.

go to system/fonts

Get the Names of other fonts inside it, use your ARIAL.TTF and rename it to the names of fonts in system/fonts (except arial and arial-bold)

Note: Yes you will need to reproduce your Arial.ttf to suit the number of fonts inside system/fonts

Replace all the fonts by the fonts you renamed except Arabic (well that's what i did).

Long press the Arabic font. Go to Permission, remember it and do that on the new fonts. Yes you will change the permissions.

Reboot and done. :D

Guest milad407

I am sorry to ask about the static ip

I need to fill in all the options?the netmask,the DNS?

Still cant get wifi workssad.gif

go to your windows pc and open commandpromt then type in ipconfig then you should be able to find most of the informations

edit yes you need to fill in all the options

Edited by milad407

Guest James Tran

what kind of bugs do you have in 1.5 is it worth changing to it from 1.2.4? :)

known bugs are (1) wifi works in static ip only and (2) something wrong with the audio of video recording (very much noisy sound).

The exciting is highest quardrant score. I have never reached such a high score like this before.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Use thememanager for changing fonts you dont need other tools.

@dashkura

Seems you have the wrong kernel installed, if you are on 0.9.5 you have the old semc kernel otherwise rom wouldnt run.

Flash the new semc kernel + bb71 to solve youre problems

Guest Zykatious

Too many updates, damnit! :P Only just upgraded my phone this morning and now a few hours later I've got a new one! :P Nice work, Trip.

Guest dashkura

I have flash your bb71 in the 1st page :mellow: Branding is TripNRaVer version 3.0 on flash tool that's correct ?

I do exactly what you say in the 1st page for installing :( that's why I don't understand the reason of the reboot.

I feel alone on that issue

Edited by dashkura

Guest Ginger5

Go grab any .ttf font (standard and bold type)

Rename the standard font to Arial.ttf and the bold type to Arial-Bold.ttf,

Using Root Explorer.

go to system/fonts

Get the Names of other fonts inside it, use your ARIAL.TTF and rename it to the names of fonts in system/fonts (except arial and arial-bold)

Note: Yes you will need to reproduce your Arial.ttf to suit the number of fonts inside system/fonts

Replace all the fonts by the fonts you renamed except Arabic (well that's what i did).

Long press the Arabic font. Go to Permission, remember it and do that on the new fonts. Yes you will change the permissions.

Reboot and done. :D

Thanks will be going to try this now :D

Guest Ginger5

Use thememanager for changing fonts you dont need other tools.

@dashkura

Seems you have the wrong kernel installed, if you are on 0.9.5 you have the old semc kernel otherwise rom wouldnt run.

Flash the new semc kernel + bb71 to solve youre problems

Trip will please port the status bar mod also? It is a request .. ability to hide status bar clock is very good for people like me who not like it to be there :)

Guest TripNRaVeR

You could try it yourself, i'm not going to do it.

1 because i dont need it

2 it is not in stock miui rom, i only deliver the rom

Guest Cyberman_NI

I am sorry to ask about the static ip

I need to fill in all the options?the netmask,the DNS?

Still cant get wifi workssad.gif

If you have access to a Windows computer thats connected to the same router, goto Start Button / type CMD into the run box (XP) or the Search box (Vista / 7) and click enter. Command prompt should appear. Type ipconfig /all then enter. All the details you need should appear.

The IP Address will look something like this

192.168.1.1 (Default gateway, which is your router)

255.255.255.0 (subnet mask)

192.168.1.2 (IP Address, which is the PC your using)

192.168.1.1 (DNS, so the computer / phone will get the DNS from the router)

All you need to do is put in the settings above in the phone only MAKE SURE you don't put in the same IP as your PC or it will conflict.

EG: in this case put in either 192.168.1.10 (or where the 10 is any number up to 255 that isn't being used for any other device on the network.)

Of topic TIP: Anyone who wants to get the perfect DNS for faster browsing etc, you can download this excellent tool from Google, Name Bench it searches for the fastest DNS in your area and if you then put it into your router you'll get faster internet on all your connected devices. (please don't try this unless you know what your doing) B)

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest jianlin

go to your windows pc and open commandpromt then type in ipconfig then you should be able to find most of the informations

edit yes you need to fill in all the options

any news about tripNarc rom?

Guest Cyberman_NI

any news about tripNarc rom?

Your obviously taking the piss as we say in the UK. Thats the third time you have said the same thing FFS. Go back to xda and leave us alone... :angry:

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest Ginger5

You could try it yourself, i'm not going to do it.

1 because i dont need it

2 it is not in stock miui rom, i only deliver the rom

:(

ok...

I dont know too.. so wanted to request..

Guest laill

If you have access to a Windows computer thats connected to the same router, goto Start Button / type CMD into the run box (XP) or the Search box (Vista / 7) and click enter. Command prompt should appear. Type ipconfig /all then enter. All the details you need should appear.

The IP Address will look something like this

192.168.1.1 (Default gateway, which is your router)

255.255.255.0 (subnet mask)

192.168.1.2 (IP Address, which is the PC your using)

192.168.1.1 (DNS, so the computer / phone will get the DNS from the router)

All you need to do is put in the settings above in the phone only MAKE SURE you don't put in the same IP as your PC or it will conflict.

EG: in this case put in either 192.168.1.10 (or where the 10 is any number up to 255 that isn't being used for any other device on the network.)

Of topic TIP: Anyone who wants to get the perfect DNS for faster browsing etc, you can download this excellent tool from Google, Name Bench it searches for the fastest DNS in your area and if you then put it into your router you'll get faster internet on all your connected devices. (please don't try this unless you know what your doing) B)

Thx a lot man,it just works.

I should give you a big hugbiggrin.gif

I have totally no experience on ip settings

cheers,

L

Guest Cyberman_NI

Thx a lot man,it just works.

I should give you a big hugbiggrin.gif

I have totally no experience on ip settings

cheers,

L

You could at least click the + button on the post :P

Guest Ri2do

Trip, U ARE A MACHINE !!!!

First u give us the 1.2.4 and now 1.5 :D

Thank you very much !! :]

Gonna try the 1.5 now and see how it's looking ;]

BTW:

For any one setting up static ip, there is a nice app on the market for free called: "Overlook thing", which give us almost all the info u need, with correct IP address for your phone

Guest Cyberman_NI

1.5 ROM is just SICK!

I know man I can't believe I'm on GB 2.3.5 and MIUI 1.8.5!!! Trip is breaking new ground all the time. NOBODY can ever say trip just copy's others work... ;) anyone that doesn't mind putting a static IP in flash this bad boy!!!!

Guest Cyberman_NI

Trip, U ARE A MACHINE !!!!

First u give us the 1.2.4 and now 1.5 :D

Thank you very much !! :]

Gonna try the 1.5 now and see how it's looking ;]

BTW:

For any one setting up static ip, there is a nice app on the market for free called: "Overlook thing", which give us almost all the info u need, with correct IP address for your phone

Nice app mate only its Overlook Fing I take it...but you need to on the network before it works

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest silord

hi trip

i want say ur ROMs are awesome !!!

flashing now 1.5

thx

SI

(Snowboarding @ Hintertuxer Gletscher 3200m)

PS. Cant find BUGs in 1.3 :-)