[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest kr3g3r
To everyone on this page pretty much..

UD is Ultra Dev... Its really only for testing purposes only.. though it iss superduper fast... too bad i need wifi lol

.4 is the next release after 3.5... so yes i would go to .4

Use TripNBB67 for best results..

Camera doesn't work as stated ...

Quick question... Why are people getting MIUI then getting launcher pro?? Get CM7 or something if you want an app drawer...

Its rather pointless in my opinion

J

ive been using launcher pro plus since Trips very 1st GB MIUI release.........

its smoother than the miui launcher

it has better options....(the widgets).......aint about the app drawer for sure

but i run it on MIUI instead of CM7 because everything else about MIUI is better

Guest jonnybx10
ive been using launcher pro plus since Trips very 1st GB MIUI release.........

its smoother than the miui launcher

it has better options....(the widgets).......aint about the app drawer for sure

but i run it on MIUI instead of CM7 because everything else about MIUI is better

Okay, i deffo agree there. There are some things that i miss such as scrollable widgets etc, which i completely forgot about because i have used MIUI for such along time. Im too used to it now i guess

Guest kr3g3r
Okay, i deffo agree there. There are some things that i miss such as scrollable widgets etc, which i completely forgot about because i have used MIUI for such along time. Im too used to it now i guess

yeah, i use the launcher pro widgets constantly.........FB and gmail the most........plus its much better now with the widgets being skinable

and its crazy smooth on MIUI........makes Trips rom feel even faster

Edited by kr3g3r

Guest jonnybx10
yeah, i use the launcher pro widgets constantly.........FB and gmail the most........plus its much better now with the widgets being skinable

and its crazy smooth on MIUI........makes Trips rom feel even faster

Are you trying to make me jelous. i might need to go check it out

:D :D :o

Guest kr3g3r
Are you trying to make me jelous. i might need to go check it out

:D :D :o

i just recorded a short vid showing how fast it is........running the new UD version........ uploaded to youtube,

stupid cam wouldnt focus right.......but ya get the jist of it.......

Edited by kr3g3r

Guest highaltitude

Personally I like ADW EX for a launcher. Without wifi on here I had to go to 1.5.6 with Trips BB (2.1.67 with .65 kernel)

Edited by highaltitude

Guest NoirCavalier
Personally I like ADW EX for a launcher. Without wifi on here I had to go to 1.5.6 with Trips BB (2.1.67 with .65 kernel)

ADW Ex is great, but it couldn´t be implemented. ;-)

Guest jonnybx10

There is wifi on 0.4.0 just not on UD 0.5.0

Guest Nanodroid

Hello people.

Since there is no info on baseband 54, I think I'm going to give it a go to see how it works and send feedback.

ps. What exactly means ultra dev version, what's in it?

cheers

Guest PhrozenFear

I'm running the TripNBB, with 0.3.5, and man is this stable. Worth using as a daily for sure. In fact, it has been for 3 days now. Ever since it came out to replace 0.3.0, I have been running it, and I think it's absolutely amazing.

UD version Bug report:

Wifi error

Apps2sd still aint wokring

Apps2SD is a known bug with most GB ROM's, mate. It's on his list of things to fix, but he's trying to make the rest of the ROM work, too.

another weird thing: opened the camera with the button at the right and got 2 wlod.......

Stock Camera app is also a problem in most GB ROM's. Try not to use the button, or if you can, map it to a different app - like maybe Vignette (which I'm told works fine in MiUI GB)

Hello people.

Since there is no info on baseband 54, I think I'm going to give it a go to see how it works and send feedback.

cheers

UltraDev is a term for the PowerUser type of user - it's got a few more Dev features, that normally are hidden away. It also can be broken a little more easily if you aren't sure what you're doing. At least, that's my take on it. =)

Edited by PhrozenFear

Guest cjsabaki
Hello people.

cheers

It is stripped of many apps, speeded up, optomized....Small glitches, think of it as a race car...... Larger dalvik cache, radio tweaks, battery tweaks, no wifi. Shows ya the potential of this bad *ss rom and how fast it can be!! ( SHOULD WORK ON 54+ BBANDS, but 67 w newer kernel from 65 is preferred n tested!!

PPPP..S..S.S.S... SOME THING INTERESTING.........SONY 2.3.3 PICS ON THE PHONE.......65 BASE BAND ON AN X10i and kernel # ........Enjoy!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...676&page=19 --- ----- - -- -- see post # 185.....................

Chris

post-892595-1307387010_thumb.jpg

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest Zocker Tko

change theme on 0.4.0 without thememanager

make xrecovery backup before!!!!

-you need the 0.4.0 rom and your favorite theme.mtz on yor pc

-open the 0.4.0 with 7.zip and navigate to system/media/theme you see the default.mtz open it intern with 7.zip

-then open your favorite theme.mtz with 7.zip

-then drag all folder inside your favorite theme.mtz and drop it into the 0.4.0 default.mtz

-now you can close all open mtz files

then you can flash the themed 0.4.0, so it works for me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for people who dont want to make a fresh install again you can try (dont know if it works, not tested)

open the themed 0.4.0 with 7.zip and navigate to META-INF/com/google/android/update-script

drag the update-scrip to your desktop, open it with an editor and delete

format CACHE:

format DATA:

format SYSTEM:

save the update-script and close the editor, put the update-script back

now you can flash it the themed 0.4.0

Guest Mad-Dog4578

Well guys i am totally baffled!! Bit oif an IT Guru and this has me stumped? I dont get how plenty of people are getting stable results with the same hardware as myself and i have nothing but issues, Cant install passed permissions screen on Market, signal comes and goes (poss previous version) If i try to install custom kernal it just doesnt boot the phone. I have tried nearly all the basebands, done fresh installs installing stock and rooting etc 3 times upto now and this doesnt resolve my issues. I just dont get it as i have the same hardware as everyone else??

Any ideas?? Please help.

Guest cjsabaki
Well guys i am totally baffled!! Bit oif an IT Guru and this has me stumped? I dont get how plenty of people are getting stable results with the same hardware as myself and i have nothing but issues, Cant install passed permissions screen on Market, signal comes and goes (poss previous version) If i try to install custom kernal it just doesnt boot the phone. I have tried nearly all the basebands, done fresh installs installing stock and rooting etc 3 times upto now and this doesnt resolve my issues. I just dont get it as i have the same hardware as everyone else??

Any ideas?? Please help.

Worst case... Install the firmware for the latest sony release with the 67 bband ( Not just the baseband...the entire firmware..) , root it and install xrecovery with the flash tool when you flash the firmware to the phone, make sure and set up everything...Get it working properly.

Then reboot into xrec, wipe all, dalvik, cache, user data, batt stats at least twice over..then flash Trip's rom with xrec, let it alone for a bit, let it reboot a few times, might need to use the dev tool app on the home screen, select bad behavior, then crash system server, will reboot again and should come up with radio....AT FIRST my signal fluctuated badly, it should smooth out.

Work your way through all the phone settings, pay special attention to them... There are way more than normal android os...

Should work fine!!!

Chris

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest cybugs

another great release huh?!

bb67 report:

faster than 0.3.5 but 1.5.6 froyo much fastest.. :D

fc when try changing miui theme

I feel like internet browsing more fast as hell :D

lilbit laggy when rotating screen..

so far it fastest gb rom that trip's released.

btw I'm gettin headace to choose which rom's trip for daily use lol

thanks trip for your good job!

cheers

Guest cybugs
It is stripped of many apps, speeded up, optomized....Small glitches, think of it as a race car...... Larger dalvik cache, radio tweaks, battery tweaks, no wifi. Shows ya the potential of this bad *ss rom and how fast it can be!! ( SHOULD WORK ON 54+ BBANDS, but 67 w newer kernel from 65 is preferred n tested!!

PPPP..S..S.S.S... SOME THING INTERESTING.........SONY 2.3.3 PICS ON THE PHONE.......65 BASE BAND ON AN X10i and kernel # ........Enjoy!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...676&page=19 --- ----- - -- -- see post # 185.....................

Chris

still with old kernel isnt it? :D

Guest PhrozenFear

TO THE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT GB ON THE X10 !!!

Take it to a new topic, please. This topic is for bug reports for TripNMiUI IRIS Gingerbread.

Keep things on topic here, people. Make a new thread to discuss the implications of 2.3.3 on the X10.

Guest RoNaLD90
@Trip:

IRIS UD report on BB .61:

- freezes after pic is taken.

- switching to camcorder gives blinking colors

- not able to sync to Google even after logging into account sync is still turned off and wont turn on

- wifi error

- MIUI music FC after first song is played resulting in having to take battery out to restart

- GPS not connecting

I was the same problem, what I did was return to the previous version and use "system app remover" to support system applications [like google sync, contacts provider and others], then I returned to install this rom and restore them again =] and I returned to have the synchronization of contacts are like any other rom, very fast

Edited by RoNaLD90

Guest Nanodroid

Hi, this is the first test on bb the normal version,not the ud one.

Sorry I should have ccrashed the system server before.

take a look at the txt file.I hope it helps,sorry if I reported something that is already .

No WLOD yet

bb54test.txt

Edited by Nanodroid

Guest Mad-Dog4578
Worst case... Install the firmware for the latest sony release with the 67 bband ( Not just the baseband...the entire firmware..) , root it and install xrecovery with the flash tool when you flash the firmware to the phone, make sure and set up everything...Get it working properly.

Then reboot into xrec, wipe all, dalvik, cache, user data, batt stats at least twice over..then flash Trip's rom with xrec, let it alone for a bit, let it reboot a few times, might need to use the dev tool app on the home screen, select bad behavior, then crash system server, will reboot again and should come up with radio....AT FIRST my signal fluctuated badly, it should smooth out.

Work your way through all the phone settings, pay special attention to them... There are way more than normal android os...

Should work fine!!!

Chris

Well thanks for your help its very much appreciated, However i have just wasted a full night again re-installing everything for the same result.

Any other suggestions because i am fresh out of idea's and my market wont install past the permissions.

Thanks

Guest jpminou
Well thanks for your help its very much appreciated, However i have just wasted a full night again re-installing everything for the same result.

Any other suggestions because i am fresh out of idea's and my market wont install past the permissions.

Thanks

can u upload a picture for that bug??

try to install this in xrecovery

New_Market_V2.2.11.zip

Edited by jpminou

Guest Mad-Dog4578
can u upload a picture for that bug??

try to install this in xrecovery

Yeah please find attached a video and a few pictures. The shots are me pressing the ok button and it going yellow and then nothing happening.

Capture_20110607.wmv

post-895731-1307403399_thumb.jpg

post-895731-1307403438_thumb.jpg

post-895731-1307403459_thumb.jpg

Guest jpminou
Yeah please find attached a video and a few pictures. The shots are me pressing the ok button and it going yellow and then nothing happening.

did u tried to unmoumt the sd card before installing the app???

Guest Mad-Dog4578
did u tried to unmoumt the sd card before installing the app???

I tried that but it wont unmount card, It wont go onto the stage after pressing ok to downloading and then installing app.

Thanks