[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest cjsabaki

@trip : PLZ Help

I'm getting this message when I install the 1.5.2 ROM with bseband 58 or the GB Baseband :

X: can't symlink /system/xbin/busybox

X: Failure at line 7 :

symlink /system/bin/busybox system:xbin/busybox installation aborted.

Explain your steps for the installation please, is the error from xrec when flashing???? V03 xrecovery??? If so try to redownload the zip, might be corrupted......

Best regards,

Chris

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest them4n1

Can anyone tell me how to fix permissions to install all apps/games thru the file manager application? also, does fully fps uncap mean 36+ fps? :) thanks!

Guest InSaiyanOne

please Trip or other Mods, the first page of this tread needs to be sorted out ASAP.

please spare like 30 mins to do that, just delete some of the old stuff and u know re-arrange, clarify etc etc.

its damn right confusing me, i havent tried this rom since May and now i cant seem to figure our how much improvement we have etc.

and can someone please confirm if its still the same sluggish thing that took all of 30 secs to switch from portrait to landscape? and what exactly is working or not working?

all those different versions thingy on the first page is just not useful. or just better still create a new thread for the latest of the latest and lets see what we have to work with.

BTW wifi not working is a big fail, not everyone has the faintest idea on how to set static IPs , what about AD-Hoc networks?

please lets at least clarify the position first..

and there are new fixes for GB on X10, audio lag just got one etc etc.

thanks

You should take time and read through the topic all of the answers are posted in here just gotta look. And the first post has change logs on it. The topic has been open for quite a while now, if you can figure out how to install the rom you should be able to figure out how to read through the posts.

Trip does so much work to get this working well for all of us...he's not lazy. It seems a lot of people just come here to download without any kind of background reading or anything then post the same questions...that's lazy. Don't be lazy...read, you might find something extra if you do.

Don't throw rocks at the throne.

Guest machhho

Explain your steps for the installation please, is the error from xrec when flashing???? V03 xrecovery??? If so try to redownload the zip, might be corrupted......

Best regards,

Chris

thanks for replying , what I did is the normal way to do it, factory reset ( full wipe ) , wipe cache partition ,wipe dalvik cache and the second time I did that plus ( partition tools , format system , format data and format cache ) and the same error

Guest machhho

Best regards,

Chris

I forgot to tell u that I'm using xRecovery v0.3-release

Guest Cyberman_NI

Can anyone tell me how to fix permissions to install all apps/games thru the file manager application? also, does fully fps uncap mean 36+ fps? :) thanks!

Probably best to wait for trip's new rom and starting from scratch. I'm completely lost in what you have done or not done. One of the best app's you can buy is Root Explorer for shifting files about and changing the permissions :)

Guest Lord_Baal

Can anyone tell me how to fix permissions to install all apps/games thru the file manager application? thanks! :)

You need to Use the Root Explorer App.

I never used the File Manager to set the permisions :huh:

Guest tiborh

Hi,

Great work! But Accelerometer and Light Sensors doesn't work on my phone. Please help.

BTW, how do I set or turn on Bravia engine?

Thanks

acceleromater is not working too :( (i means compass, orientation sensor - ROLL - )

Guest them4n1

You need to Use the Root Explorer App.

I never used the File Manager to set the permisions :huh:

i am using root explorer ( paid ) but which file permissions do i have to change? the apps that i want to install? and change to what?

like this?

VVV

VVV

VVV?

Edited by them4n1

Guest Cyberman_NI

i am using root explorer ( paid ) but which file permissions do i have to change? the apps that i want to install? and change to what?

like this?

VVV

VVV

VVV?

Why didn't you say that ffs. Easiest way is check the permissions on a working app, and copy it. You may have to do a reboot :mellow:

Guest them4n1

Why didn't you say that ffs. Easiest way is check the permissions on a working app, and copy it. You may have to do a reboot :mellow:

what do you mean by a ''working'' app? also, copy it to where? :( sorry for me being so terrible at this...

Guest Cyberman_NI

what do you mean by a ''working'' app? also, copy it to where? :( sorry for me being so terrible at this...

Are you for real? GMAIL, HANDCENT, MAPS any app that works. Copy it to system/app like I told twice already

VVx

Vxx

Vxx

Anyone have the mobile number of that guy smokeweed? :D

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest TripNRaVeR

If test go right then next update gets a slightly overclocked GPU which is enough to make sure there will be no lag

Swapfile of ~50mb ext4

Guest them4n1

Are you for real? GMAIL, HANDCENT, MAPS any app that works. Copy it to system/app like I told twice already

VVx

Vxx

Vxx

Anyone have the mobile number of that guy smokeweed? :D

but those apps are already preistalled with those permissions in system/app... i need to isntall new apps and get an error :(

Guest highaltitude

I made a tutorial.

HOPE IT HELPS:

rgzVJ.png

HRCuM.png

X4FLv.png

3Khhg.png

3YOVC.png

5iQ36.jpg

Regards

Is setting up a static connection going only give you wifi at home? or will this still allow you to connect to wifi when you are out in town as well?

Guest Cyberman_NI

but those apps are already preistalled with those permissions in system/app... i need to isntall new apps and get an error :(

Anyone? Lord_Baal maybe? Help?

what is so hard? copy the app's into system/app folder ok? then long press the app, tap permissions then tick the 9 boxes in this pattern with V being a f'n TICK

VVx

Vxx

Vxx

Guest Cyberman_NI

Is setting up a static connection going only give you wifi at home? or will this still allow you to connect to wifi when you are out in town as well?

Most likely at home only. Depends if the router is same IP range eg: 192.168.1.*

If it is, it will work if not you'll have to change the settings to suit

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest TripNRaVeR

LOL i just saw the rom from z (who?)

He is using my new hacking method to fix torch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a total zero is that green goblet figure :lol: he should change his name to zero instead of zzz

Removing his awfull name from the OP

Guest hrm5023

@Trip - Excellent progress on the ROM. Loving the rapid updates.

The talk over ext4 sparked some other Thoughts:

I saw that A2SD+ is still not available. I found that A2SD+ basically means moving the whole data partition onto the SD Card. In terms of memory space this would be a great move, but I wonder how good/bad it would be for normal usage.

Correct me if I am wrong, and let me know of your opinion on it, good? bad? implementable?

~Chao

Guest Cyberman_NI

@trip maybe fair enough if he credited you. He was the one that blamed people for not give him the credits. And you did recently with the uncap fix.