[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest t0anh0

please someone fix the max-brightness issue then do your flame war thing .... i'll cheer you up :D .... i really love this rom ....

Actually, I found out Brightness shortcut from ZDBox works perfectly. So I installed it and create widget 1x1 on home...just for turn in 3 mode birghtness level (oh well it works for my case)

Guest jpminou

please someone fix the max-brightness issue then do your flame war thing .... i'll cheer you up :D .... i really love this rom ....

u have post this issue maybe 20 times,it's not so annoying,does it so much annoying for u??? do u afraid thunder ? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Edited by jpminou

Guest JazzLOCO

Man your doing it all wrong. Sounds like your making a hard job from nothing. Most routers run DHCP which assigns IP Addresses automatically. So all your other phones and computer remain the same as before. The only thing you need to change is the settings on your x10. 1 minute sorts it. Honestly :rolleyes:

Might wanna send me a PM, because I'm about to hang the gloves on this ROM, for the time being... or add me to whatsapp or something... it is STILL not working, and I do have DHCP enabled, and I still don't have a valid setting for my x10...

Guest jpminou

Might wanna send me a PM, because I'm about to hang the gloves on this ROM, for the time being... or add me to whatsapp or something... it is STILL not working, and I do have DHCP enabled, and I still don't have a valid setting for my x10...

use 1.2.4 rom for now

Edited by jpminou

Guest hemo1001

do u afraid thunder ? biggrin.giftongue.gif

LOL .... Everytime i see this issue i come here and post ....i can't stop my hands and fingers from posting

Edited by hemo1001

Guest highaltitude

Anyone else having real poor phone voice/sound calls on 1.2.4? I talked to several people today and the voice/call quality was terrible, scratchy and in and out.

Guest JazzLOCO

I think I have now figured out what your getting mixed up with. You don't need to pay your ISP for a static IP to use this rom. Your external IP has nothing to do with the Internal one that your computers and other devices use. Most people will be on a dynamic IP from their ISP. They still can use this rom with only a 1 minute tweak of the settings.

Sorry took a while to realise what you mean't. :P

I will not pay a cent more to my ISP, that's for sure... what I was trying to say is that I tried assigning an IP to my cellphone from the router's page (you know, the one you access through 192.168.x.x), but since I don't have any settings that could give me a valid connection to my router, I am stuck at the WIFI advanced configuration on my X10, knowing NOT what can be done... I'm close to frustrating, and maybe I wasn't explaining myself clear enough... just in case, I can explain further, maybe I'm not so savvy with network configurations... after all, I'm a musician! LOL :P

Guest hemo1001

Anyone else having real poor phone voice/sound calls on 1.2.4? I talked to several people today and the voice/call quality was terrible, scratchy and in and out.

yea they told me that too .... some of my friends said i was like talking in a cave

Guest jpminou

i think it is the new SE kernel and BB problem not the rom itself,try using different BB maybe this will help.

Guest Cyberman_NI

What BB? Likely BB71 therefore a few people having the same issues. Lots went back to BB67 with good results. Personally it's a great reason to get off the phone with the girlfriend and customers. It's like a new feature to me :P

Guest SourceCode

Can i found somewhere only SE Gingerbread Kernel or kernel + bb67?

There is a post by Azuzu on XDA. Here is the link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1196421

Just use the FTF file in the Kernel upgrade link (this is just the GB kernel). However you need to combine this with baseband 67 files.

Alternatively you can first flash baseband 67 and then immediately flash the Gingerbread kernel (from the above XDA post). There's a post in this (Modaco) thread itself that describes this process.

I just combined the two (bb67 and GB kernel files) to make my life easier, so that I need to only flash one file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Guest InSaiyanOne

On the static ip issue: Most routers can set a static address by assigning the ip address to a mac address. This does depend on your router and it's operating system. You still have to input the actual address you decide on in your handset and you might want to make sure it's not already being used by something else (even if the device using it is off it could be assigned in the router's list of devices so you may have to release/delete the lease for a device)

Also in the router you can change the lease time to allow your phone's IP to remain in the router's memory a bit longer so you can reconnected day to day and prevent other devices from taking your phone's static assigned address. My router actually doesn't have any static info except for my playstation's demilitarized zone (DMZ) but since assigned in my phone and the lease time is 999999 days I don't really have to.

Some other things to keep in mind is the actual # of ip addresses your router is allowed to give out...some people set that number low so to keep too many things from sharing the bandwidth and to reduce unauthorized users. So for instance mine is from 192.168.1.125 to 135. These 10 addresses are given out dynamically so I can use one (like the last one) for my phone since it probably won't be already used

Finally, if you have any router (no matter how old it is) you should at least once in the time you own it look into open-source router OS's (like you already have for your phone). I have an old 2007 Linksys WRT54GS v.7 wireless G router and have had a DD-WRT OS on it since I've brought it and the number of options I have to control my network is so much greater than the simplified linksys provided rom. With the knowledge everyone has of flashing roms on our phones you actually already know a bit about flashing roms on your router too! Look it up!...there's other roms for routers like tomato too.

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest scattaman
On the static ip issue: Most routers can set a static address by assigning the ip address to a mac address.

Blah blah.... .

Wow! I I took 30 seconds to setup my static IP on my phone... Now we're talking about flashing routers and sh!t! Amazing :-)

Guest Rockstar239

I'm running a dhcp pool with Mac address filtering at home. Been running a static IP on my fone since I started flashing Rom's. (Due to the issues it had while attempting to gain an IP from the pool.) My ps3 is in the dmz set with its own static ip and the rest are auto assigned. I set my pool up from 2 - 15. I usually have about 6 devices on there at once. My fone is set to unlucky 13 and I've never had to change router settings for static Ip :s

Guest Cyberman_NI

There's that much talk in here about IP Addresses and router's the adverts have changed from the usual crap to cisco and ip management software tools.

Maybe we should all start talking about TITS :o

JazzLoco, are you still having bother?

PS: Draytek all the way ;)

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest highaltitude

What BB? Likely BB71 therefore a few people having the same issues. Lots went back to BB67 with good results. Personally it's a great reason to get off the phone with the girlfriend and customers. It's like a new feature to me :P

Yes I was on Trip 3.0 ftf = BB.71 Do you think I should go to Bb.67 with Kernel from Bb.65? (march kernel)

Guest jpminou

Yes I was on Trip 3.0 ftf = BB.71 Do you think I should go to Bb.67 with Kernel from Bb.65? (march kernel)

yes go back to BB67 but keep the GB kernel otherwise u will stop at the SE logo

Guest Cyberman_NI

I havent but it seems that will cure those issues your having. I'm sure some helpful guys can advise better that have actually done it. There is a link a load of pages back for the best BB67 file to use

Guest ZePhantom

There's that much talk in here about IP Addresses and router's the adverts have changed from the usual crap to cisco and ip management software tools.

I like that Idea.

Everyone Mention TITS in each post .. lets see what the advert does :)

Just for fun .. lol

Guest jmin07

im on 1.5.1 and im thinking of flashing 1.5.2 but i backup EVERYTHING by miui backup and restore and i saw somewhere in this thread thats a no no, is that right?

Guest JazzLOCO

Big up, yo!!! You da man, I am now d/l the angry birds for my girl, before cooking the sausage :D :P