[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest mt2jjj

So I'm guessing that this new 9.5 Rom won't work on BB ,55 :\ ... How do I flash BB.65 ?

you need to download bb.65 and flash with flashtool.

Guest datsagrindle

My 1st message here !

Thanks Trip for those roms…

I've just tried 0.9.5 on my X10 BB .54…

No SMS

No 720p

Can't reach Parameters/Display

I've to change my BB to .65 ^^

(Btw, is it possible to change it with a Mac (a Flashtool.dmg ??? :D) ? :( F**kin' Apple ! )

Bye and thx again !

After a quick look around, it looks like it is kinda possible to build the baseband into a rom .zip file and flash with xrecovery, but it would really be easier to set up your computer to dual boot a copy of windows, or go visit a friend.

Guest mt2jjj

I thought BB .65 was a bad baseband for a rogers phone ?! :\

why, bb are just for signal and radio. i think that lower number of bb(like49) mean lower signal but highest batery life and example bb67 highest signal but drain battery fastest.dont worry about that things, trip know what do and why bb65.. :)

Guest Ezephus

After a quick look around, it looks like it is kinda possible to build the baseband into a rom .zip file and flash with xrecovery, but it would really be easier to set up your computer to dual boot a copy of windows, or go visit a friend.

Really ?

Can you give me a tuto to build the BB in a .zip please ? I tried to set up Windows but my version of Mac is to recent and I cannot install XP :( (only 7, dixit the software)… Of course, I have no DVD to burn 7 ^^ And I'm very impatient :D

Thx

Edited by Ezephus

Guest smokeweed23

Really ?

Can you give me a tuto to build the BB in a .zip please ? I tried to set up Windows but my version of Mac is to recent and I cannot install XP :( (only 7, dixit the software)… Of course, I have no DVD to burn 7 ^^ And I'm very impatient :D

And can you give the link of BB 2.1.65 if you've got it please ?

Thx

Try using Virtual Box and put windows XP on that ?

OR Get parallels

Guest datsagrindle

Really ?

Thx

The basebands can be found in reply 3 on page 1 of this thread.

And if you don't have a dvd, you can install windows off of a usb stick by following these instructions

Edited by datsagrindle

Guest highaltitude

SD card issues. I doubt its due to BB. I have BB.67 and march kernel. Everything seems to be working good so far, but cant seem to install any apps, either with TB, or through market. Anyone else? Really not usable for me without SD card access.

Edited by highaltitude

Guest PhrozenFear

Yes, there are links to all of the basebands on Page 1, Post 3 (my FAQ post). The TripNBB is the Baseband 2.1.65 with the March kernel from 2.1.67, as per Trip's original plan. It should work for most, but still, flash the 2.1.65 and it all should work better.

I'll give this a try tomorrow while I have some downtime at work - too tired now to back up, flash, set up all my settings, etc. Fortunately, I can do that from work, as I have Flashtool on my machine there.

As for installing apps on the SD Card, that's an issue with Gingerbread ROM's not made for the hardware directly. Most people can't install 'em, and those that can use a third-party app to do it. It's a problem that's been known since forever.

Edited by PhrozenFear

Guest highaltitude

Yes, there are links to all of the basebands on Page 1, Post 3 (my FAQ post). The TripNBB is the Baseband 2.1.65 with the March kernel from 2.1.67, as per Trip's original plan. It should work for most, but still, flash the 2.1.65 and it all should work better.

I'll give this a try tomorrow while I have some downtime at work - too tired now to back up, flash, set up all my settings, etc. Fortunately, I can do that from work, as I have Flashtool on my machine there.

As for installing apps on the SD Card, that's an issue with Gingerbread ROM's not made for the hardware directly. Most people can't install 'em, and those that can use a third-party app to do it. It's a problem that's been known since forever.

You got it backwards, TripNBB = march kernel is from BB .65 and you use BB .67

Guest cjsabaki

Love the screen!! Great look all around!! Nice settings changes!!

Market error downloading.

Calls n text weird, not working. Bband 67, yes, I know, just reporting before I flash 65....

Fc in setting menu, yes, second dl link, rebooted n ran fix perm in xrec solved this...

Gonna flash 65 n test, back to work tomorrow, trying to hurry, getting late!!

No lag, great great great looking rom!!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Thank you!!!

Guest highaltitude

Love the screen!! Great look all around!! Nice settings changes!!

Market error downloading.

Calls n text weird, not working. Bband 67, yes, I know, just reporting before I flash 65....

Fc in setting menu, yes, second dl link, rebooted n ran fix perm in xrec solved this...

Gonna flash 65 n test, back to work tomorrow, trying to hurry, getting late!!

No lag, great great great looking rom!!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Thank you!!!

So are you going to straight BB.65?

Guest DLpnd

I went straight to BB65, everything works. After install, you might get FC's, but as Trip said, restart the phone and it fixes everything. So far no bugs, or anything unexpected.

Guest rcachope

Thanks, Trip.

Just reporting about my experience. I am also on BB67. No big issues detected. I haven't tested SMS, though.

Market and Titanium working perfect. I even installed the new market with no issues.

Themes install much smoother than before. Rotation much faster than in previous versions.

Trying to get Swype to work (known MIUI issue).

So, I am still not convinced if I need to flash BB65.

Happy flashing to all...!

Guest cjsabaki

Was going to flash Trip's 65, but the kids have royally screwed up the laptop n flash tool is gone and my sons itunes screen wont shut...... been a cluster formation all day starting w a flat tire n just getting better....... lol!!

It all has to wait till I'm off work tomorrow..

Good night all!! Sleep well!!

Chris

Guest x10Gem

hey trip you are unreal.i hope iris understands.your work is fantastic.0.9.5 is unreal works flawlesly on bb65.everythings just flies.please give us camera and video soon.but take your time.must good just like your rom.f,,k se.this is how is a phone should work.

Guest fpcgeo82

Flash bb .65 and 0.9.5. All the functions are working. Really fast and responsive. No lags.

In Miui Cam I've got the green lines (camera mode). So i'm using Camera Ilusion.

Change to the videocamera mode (Miui cam app). It's possible to rec video (low and high). B)

Only one bug:

In matter fact i think it's a miui bug. In the miui music app, change tracks causes FC . Using Winamp -> problem solved.

Thanks Trip. Your rom is really great. Now i'm gonna sleep.

Guest Albuster

Hy all,

i saw that my posts where ignored beacause of achojtan guy and the other idiots that argues here so i'll post again hopefully someone will read:

flashed trip's miui v0.95 with bb 65, everything seems ok , downloading from market ok, settings ok, accounts created ok, games installing ok.

issues apears at camera: foto just working in 800x480 with superfine quality and video is working in 720p.

God bless you Trip! You are a genius

Guest Albuster

Flash bb .65 and 0.9.5. All the functions are working. Really fast and responsive. No lags.

In Miui Cam I've got the green lines (camera mode). So i'm using Camera Ilusion.

Change to the videocamera mode (Miui cam app). It's possible to rec video (low and high). B)

Only one bug:

In matter fact i think it's a miui bug. In the miui music app, change tracks causes FC . Using Winamp -> problem solved.

Thanks Trip. Your rom is really great. Now i'm gonna sleep.

Not at me, tracks are working fine, even when i'm changing music - gives NO FC

Guest InSaiyanOne

Everything seems to be working fine minus the obvious cam. Only thing is I can't get the font to change in the miui theme manager...I'm hooked on Kobalt lol. Can I get someone to try and install that one and let me know if it works?

Also I have the new market and kernel 3.60 installed.

Guest highaltitude

Well unfortunately Im not sure what is up with my SD card. No matter what I do the ROM does not see my card. Things look awesome, and seem smooth. I can't install apps from the market or from any form of backups. I'm going to have to go back to another form of Miui for now. Dont know whats wrong, sux but I need a working phone by morning so I guess I am restoring. Gimp.

Great work though Trip! looks sweet, wish I could use it.

Guest Albuster

I is not working wi-fi, it connects but the internet is not working, do not tell what's wrong?

what's your bb version?did you try rebooting phone and try again?

did anyone tried new market on this version?

Edited by Albuster

Guest Albuster

what's your bb version?did you try rebooting phone and try again?

did anyone tried new market on this version?

Lol, by mistake pressed camera button when i was in market and keyboard pops up, weird?