[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest geordieboy2011

I don't know

trip says he would only release the 9.5 rom once he tested and was happy but cam wasnt fully ready as an miui problem or somthing that he was working on

and was still needed bit tweeks and would of not relesed it untill sorted,

but he only release .9.5 b 9.0. because it was causing problems and dew to demand that people wanted a quick fix he let it out but warned cam wasnt fully ready

Guest Mad-Dog4578

Hello Guys i had a problem with sending and receiving text on this rom so, i changed bb to 65 and went back to version 9.0 for anyone having the same problem.

@ Trip matie the market included in 9.0 is great do you think you could include it in the final releases?

Thanks<br><br>Edit: Well it lasted less than 24 hours before it started to play up again and text stop send ing it displayed the random force closes or report.<br><br>Hope this will be resolved in later releases.<br>

Edited by Mad-Dog4578

Guest huntleth

Just thought i'd add a few of my thoughts here:

- I'm fed up of every thread Trip starts getting drowned in pointless posts, personally I think people should be banned immediately for some of what has been posted here.

- Trip: I think the reason people are annoyed is because they made the assumption that because video recording worked, photo capture must work too.

- I think the rom is great, i use my camera every day but will use this rom regardless because its a huge improvement on previous roms (apart from the keyboard, I loved the keyboard in 1.7 and before)

- Keep up the great work, most of us really appreciate it :)

Guest strix75

Is it possible to port the ARC keyboard to this rom?? Or has it already been done?? I can´t help it but i just love SE stock keyboard. Anyone that can help out?

Guest cjsabaki

Just use root explorer to extract the keyboard apk from the arc rom n move it to you miui system / app folder set permissions then reboot!!

I think its an htc ime keyboard, you can find customized htc kb on xda with diff colors too!!

Guest xoot7aa7

Hes to stubborn to work with anyone else remember?..ego. So this is basically the same hyped crap. How do you go from camera working to camera almost done after you release the file?. This is gettin monotonous. Same releases with minor differences with the same major issues still unresolved.Had trip worked with another developer,this would of been far more complete. if everyone would stop calling him a "god" and "suckin his ****" on this forum after each release,maybe thie dev scene would only take up part of his head istead of going completely to his head disabling him from actually releasing something with true progress and worthwhile downloading. Hes only releasing these not up to par updates cuz u tards keep begging for it. its like giving someone the same gift over n over and just using different wrapping paper.to me,pointless. dont forget though,i am not important,so dont get ur panties in a bunch over this post,enjoy ur day people. : )

also trip,u mentioned before u dont hype your releases..what do u think posting a new title and waiting a day or two to actually post the new file is?..hyping. and u arent an unintellegent person,u know this is what your doing.

That was quite an aggressive way of saying it but I kinda agree with you. I agree with all the underlined parts, especially the one about people calling him gods. That's just stupid and idiotic, and is an insult to other devs who helped Trip get all of this in the first place.

This whole thing reminds me a lot of the 1080p fiasco that happened 2 months back back in XDA, which amounted to nothing.

Guest highaltitude

Unfortunately much of what Ryan says is true like it or not. It is what seems to happen alot. I am definitly a fan of Trips work for sure, and Ryans post is much like mine from a few days ago, just a bit more in your face.

So far I do like the release .9.5 alot now that I got my SD card issue under control. I had to format a different card and use it for now, as my 16Gb got somewhat messed up from flashing so much, LOL

SMS Not working, BB.67 March Kernel. Absolutely clean install, newly formatted SD card. Nothing on SD card but this ROM and TB backups apps

Edited by highaltitude

Guest mt2jjj

test rom a few hours(first have bb67 and sms bug, then flash to bb65), everything work perfect except cam(only 800x400 no autofocus, and video high30min but it is laggy), proxmity not work and app2sd but who care, i dont need it. and one more thing, when using miui player phone freeze, and i need off baterry from the phone, but i read few pages past for this problem so i solve then with some other version of player...

Guest devilsden

Hes to stubborn to work with anyone else remember?..ego. So this is basically the same hyped crap. How do you go from camera working to camera almost done after you release the file?. This is gettin monotonous. Same releases with minor differences with the same major issues still unresolved.Had trip worked with another developer,this would of been far more complete. if everyone would stop calling him a "god" and "suckin his ****" on this forum after each release,maybe thie dev scene would only take up part of his head istead of going completely to his head disabling him from actually releasing something with true progress and worthwhile downloading. Hes only releasing these not up to par updates cuz u tards keep begging for it. its like giving someone the same gift over n over and just using different wrapping paper.to me,pointless. dont forget though,i am not important,so dont get ur panties in a bunch over this post,enjoy ur day people. : )

also trip,u mentioned before u dont hype your releases..what do u think posting a new title and waiting a day or two to actually post the new file is?..hyping. and u arent an unintellegent person,u know this is what your doing.

totally agree with u. n I think even the users r responsible for this

Guest dantell

lol omg i am cracking up laughing right now i just read page 90 and saw the stuff that ryan and the other dude are saying its too funny trip and other devs offer all these roms for free and you guys turn right around and talk smack on him and others wow lol i almost cant belive it beggars like that come to his door and take his rom that he works on to give to you come right back and spit at his feet grow up get a job and a life and go back to the S.E. forums its so annoying to even read your comments if your so high and mighty go make your own roms and i wish people would stop quoteing idiots comments it just makes it worse people like you you guys are why i wont give a homeless man a dollar because you teach me that the next time i meet him he will turn around and rob me at gunpoint

Guest InSaiyanOne

GUYS HAS ANYONE TRIED CHANGING FONT ON THIS ROM?

Finally someone else tries to help figure out if it's a bug or not...which is the purpose of this thread besides the actual releases.

Anyway, I've tried another fresh install from the generic rom+bb 65 and still couldn't get it to work. I went back to the .75 rom as I was much more comfortable with how that was set up.

How about everyone who want's to talk about the problems of trip working on his own or every other none dev/bug related topic start their own thread in the appropriate place. Thanks.

Edited by InSaiyanOne

Guest highaltitude

Has anyone figured out yet how to get rid of the warning popup that happens when you recieve a SMS in Handscent? Got messaging working with BB .65 so that is awesome as .65 is the actual update that I got with ATT's latest 2.1 a while back.

Edited by highaltitude

Guest x10Gem

why dont all you badword ungratefull morons fxxkoff back to xda and learn how to read the forums.the guy does all his work for free yes thats right free just so we can have a phone that is different and super quick.if you cant understand that then just fxxkoff and get a life.stop recking a good forum.dxxxheads

Edit-mod-matty-p: don't worry guys ive told this guy off

Guest iggy2

Hi Trip/Chris/anyone, how to disable the Home key waking the phone in this ROM, the previous hack does not work because the file "es209ra_keypad.kl" does not exist is this ROM I tried using the spade-keypad.kl but that did not work:

First you need to have a rooted phone and Root Explorer installed, now open Root Explorer and select the "system" folder. Now select "usr" and then "keylayout", the file you are looking to edit is "es209ra_keypad.kl" so long press this file and choose "Open in text editor".<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Now scroll down until you find:-<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"key 102 HOME WAKE_DROPPED"

Guest yesterday

why dont all you badword ungratefull morons fuckoff back to xda and learn how to read the forums.the guy does all his work for free yes thats right free just so we can have a phone that is different and super quick.if you cant understand that then just fuckoff and get a life.stop recking a good forum.dickheads

Reported.

Guest RabetiOnline

0.9.5 on BB65

Main Bug: Freezing @ Musicplayer frequently. therefore, need to reset manually.

Edited by RabetiOnline

Guest nulix44

I'am using 0.95 with BB65 since 2 days.

CAM : same things that everyone.

SMS : OK

WIFI : OK

But I have not 3G . I try in different places where I got 3G before... with official SE rom and older release of this rom (0.4 to 0.75) :(

(I'am in France on Virgin using Orange network.)

Thanks Trip for all your work !!

(sorry for my poor english)

Guest jpminou

0.9.5 on BB65

Main Bug: Freezing @ Musicplayer frequently. therefore, need to reset manually.

same here but now this is my daily rom

Guest SuperJonathon

I'am using 0.95 with BB65 since 2 days.

CAM : same things that everyone.

SMS : OK

WIFI : OK

But I have not 3G . I try in different places where I got 3G before... with official SE rom and older release of this rom (0.4 to 0.75) :(

(I'am in France on Virgin using Orange network.)

Thanks Trip for all your work !!

(sorry for my poor english)

I am having the same problem. I think it is due to the fact that bb65 is meant for x10a (America) and not Europe or Australia. We use a different network connection than them ie 3G

Guest xoot7aa7

lol omg i am cracking up laughing right now i just read page 90 and saw the stuff that ryan and the other dude are saying its too funny trip and other devs offer all these roms for free and you guys turn right around and talk smack on him and others wow lol i almost cant belive it beggars like that come to his door and take his rom that he works on to give to you come right back and spit at his feet grow up get a job and a life and go back to the S.E. forums its so annoying to even read your comments if your so high and mighty go make your own roms and i wish people would stop quoteing idiots comments it just makes it worse people like you you guys are why i wont give a homeless man a dollar because you teach me that the next time i meet him he will turn around and rob me at gunpoint

actually we're not the ones coming like beggars to get his roms, it's Tripnlovers like you who come begging for more. Just saying.

Also, Periods. Use them. They're free of charge.

why dont all you badword ungratefull morons fuckoff back to xda and learn how to read the forums.the guy does all his work for free yes thats right free just so we can have a phone that is different and super quick.if you cant understand that then just fuckoff and get a life.stop recking a good forum.dickheads

Funny how Ryan and all the other so called Trolls haven't really swore or insulted anyone that much, and then there are people like you who swear every second word as if we're gonna get scared at an internet tough guy. lol.

And also if you read any of my last posts I greatly respect Trip as a dev, but I HATE his religious fanbase. It's not really his fault, sooo..I'm not talking smack much to trip although I do think he overhypes waay too much, other than that he's cool and makes good ROMs. Read bro before becoming an internet tough guy.

Edited by xoot7aa7

Guest Crocodile1973

using bad language will just provoke them even more. Best we all move along, and stop reacting so angry

@frost866 - the font changer has not worked from the begining :( but you can manualy change the font in the update.zip before flashing the rom, you can even change animation too :) any help on this, send me a pm. Regards. Legz

Guest nulix44

I am having the same problem. I think it is due to the fact that bb65 is meant for x10a (America) and not Europe or Australia. We use a different network connection than them ie 3G

I try BB61 et BB58 for X10i : no sms and no data ....

Edited by nulix44