[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Z3US911

Firstly going to get some sleep! hehehe When i wake up after some hours the last part wil be fixed and then you can all enjoy! B)

Probably Android 2.3.5 and the latest MIUI version.

ps. specially for the green goblet from xda i'm including the -FULL- bravia engine from the Arc rom (give you something to study at!)

lol to those who included the "pack" from the goblet! :lol:

Back in a few hours!B)

:o Trip u sleep in morning.

its 9:50 AM in netherlands.

Guest TripNRaVeR

The biggest surprise will be that update pack that flies arround here and there. :lol:

edit:

lol yes i just needed to finish my work on bravia engine! it was hillarious to read all that!

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Rockstar239

Hey guys question this versoin of MIUI trip will be bringing it out will require the new bb .71 and kernel? as i will not be near a computer for the next week is it a good idea to flash the official rooted GB rom with the bb .71 and the kernel that goes with it in preperation for the new MIUI release?

Guest carljymn

The biggest surprise will be that update pack that flies arround here and there. :lol:

edit:

lol yes i just needed to finish my work on bravia engine! it was hillarious to read all that!

I'll keep waiting for your great stuff Sir Trip... Do your rest now..... Thank you

Guest Neel007

Cool.This is the only rom which can help me in getting my 3g.Awaiting for it

offtopic answer -

hey if u are from india.. m using one trick to use 3g on airtel n just paying for 2g pack of 98 Rs...

if u have enabled 3g and getting H in status bar , but getting limited speed of not more then 5 kb/s then do this....

1.Disable data first' [wait for the popup to come that shows balance for ur internet]

2.Enable -- only 2g network [stock rom - choose only gsm]

3.Reenable data now - u'll see E in status bar now.

4.Then Disable - only 2g network [ stock - choose WCDMA/GSM ] ---- now that E will turn into H in some time.

5.Whenever ur speed sets back to 5 kb/s limit , do this steps again....

I was doing this in MIUI froyo rom before but i succeed in stock 2.3.3 rom too and it works...

I am getting full 3.0 Mbps or sometimes more speed by this method. I have been doing this since last one month , and it worked every single time. It's 3 times faster then my wifi , n i didnt pay for my wifi this month. LOL...

Tell me if it works for u or not... i am just curious.

:o Trip u sleep in morning.

its 9:50 AM in netherlands.

it's sunday ... :D

@trip -

cant wait for this rom to flash on my phone.... i just love GB miui....

big thanx to u trip... hope i would have been able to buy u some cold beer but presently i dont have any netbanking or credit card.:angry:..... sorry for that... but u deserve it truly... ;)

Thanx :)

Edited by Neel007

Guest Ankit tulsian

Hey neel.I am using airtel 3g on the 2g 251 INR pack from the 1 week of airtel launching the 3g and my speed is around 700-800kbps.I follow a different method to get 3g.But the problem is i dont receive call while i am on 3g.do you face this problem

Guest Z3US911

offtopic answer -

hey if u are from india.. m using one trick to use 3g on airtel n just paying for 2g pack of 98 Rs...

if u have enabled 3g and getting H in status bar , but getting limited speed of not more then 5 kb/s then do this....

1.Disable data first' [wait for the popup to come that shows balance for ur internet]

2.Enable -- only 2g network [stock rom - choose only gsm]

3.Reenable data now - u'll see E in status bar now.

4.Then Disable - only 2g network [ stock - choose WCDMA/GSM ] ---- now that E will turn into H in some time.

5.Whenever ur speed sets back to 5 kb/s limit , do this step again....

I was doing this in MIUI froyo rom before but i succeed in stock 2.3.3 rom too and it works...

I am getting full 3.0 Mbps or sometimes more speed by this method. I have been doing this since last one month , and it worked every single time. It's 3 times faster then my wifi , n i didnt pay for my wifi this month. LOL...

Tell me if it works for u or not... i am just curious.

it's sunday ... :D

cant wait for this rom to flash on my phone.... i just love GB miui....

big thanx to u trip... hope i would have been able to buy u some cold beer but presently i dont have any netbanking or credit card.:angry:..... sorry for that... but u deserve it truly... ;)

sry but i m from india too i tried ur method i cannot find use ony 2g opt.

I am on Wolf's 2.3.3

EDIT:- ok sry got my ans.

but this method is not working on vodafone...:(

Edited by Z3US911

Guest Neel007

Hey neel.I am using airtel 3g on the 2g 251 INR pack from the 1 week of airtel launching the 3g and my speed is around 700-800kbps.I follow a different method to get 3g.But the problem is i dont receive call while i am on 3g.do you face this problem

sorry for posting this here, but it may be helpful to others bcoz it's just about getting 3g connection and it works on miui too...

@ankit

no i receive all calls and messages .... and by that time even internet do not get disconnected if it's on H.....both calling and internet works simultaneously....

not in case when u r on E... in that case, whnever u recieve call/ message , E will disappear, i mean it get disconnected....

which method do u use?

sry but i m from india too i tried ur method i cannot find use ony 2g opt.

I am on Wolf's 2.3.3

EDIT:- ok sry got my ans.

but this method is not working on vodafone...:(

first thing u must get H in ur status bar when u have enabled 3G...

if yes , then i doubt it may not work on vodafone, coz i tried it on my friends DHD and it didnt work...

Edited by Neel007

Guest Ankit tulsian

I dont have 3g signal in my area so i use this way to get it activated.This method can applied on any operator.

change to gsm/wcdma mode and then change the operator to Airtel 3g and then you will not get any signal.Keep your phone in offline for 4-5 sec and change it to online and see if you are getting the signal.If not then again set it to offline for 4-5 sec and change it to online.You will definitely get the signal with full bars and highest speed.

edit:It always worked for me on miui only.

Edited by Ankit tulsian

Guest Neel007

I dont have 3g signal in my area so i use this way to get it activated.This method can applied on any operator.

change to gsm/wcdma mode and then change the operator to Airtel 3g and then you will not get any signal.Keep your phone in offline for 4-5 sec and change it to online and see if you are getting the signal.If not then again set it to offline for 4-5 sec and change it to online.You will definitely get the signal with full bars and highest speed.

may be changing the operator is the reason for ur's not getting call...

i searched operator and i have only one option - Airtel 3G , nothing else.

Guest fusioncoast

Firstly going to get some sleep! hehehe When i wake up after some hours the last part wil be fixed and then you can all enjoy! B)

Probably Android 2.3.5 and the latest MIUI version.

ps. specially for the green goblet from xda i'm including the -FULL- bravia engine from the Arc rom (give you something to study at!)

lol to those who included the "pack" from the goblet! :lol:

Back in a few hours!B)

Android is only realeased till 2.3.4 i guess its only the gmail app version which is 2.3.5 lolzzz

Hello trip!

Just to ask if you remember to put the SE gingerbread keyboard because it is easy and good for its use. Others things that you can resume the SE Gingerbread voice recognizer because it works too well. For the camera to your work seems to have had success but it is easier to press the button camera to take a photo and not must to go to touch application, I do not know if you did do.

Good Work Trip, I'm excited to have your next Custom Roms!

VOTE TO WORK'S TRIP!!!

Guest Rockstar239

i tried flashing this rom again now i can't get the bb to show up used 2 different bb .67 . tripnbb .65. and theres no dev tools :/

Guest 9Lukas5

If we need for the new release bb71 and the new SEkernel, is native wifi tethering working? (As the drivers are all there)

Regards,

L

Guest Cyberman_NI

absolutely the world waits with bated breath for the MIUI port.

I refuse to put on the stock SE 2.3.3 rom even though i have been waitin for 2 months for it. Everytime i put it on my phone within 30 minutes MIUI goes back on. The dialer on MIUI and call screen is perfect...if SE stock didn't have that stupid hold button in the top corner i might have switched but my face constantly puts people on hold. It's little things like that plus TRIPs sarcasm that makes me keep wanting more, plus the tweaks you add are fantastic.

has anyone found a 1800mah battery for the x10 that i can purchase somewhere that doesn't require an extended battery cover?

So, have you written a little review of your new phone yet?

Totally agree with you. I point blank refuse to flash the official oreven trips pre-rooted version because it’s never gonna be as good as trips finest 1.0 miui rom. I'll wait patiently for trip when he's ready and not keep asking stupid questions (like some). The guy has done us all many many huge favours over the past 6 months or so. And I for one am truly grateful for it.

I have an 1800mah battery that is the same size as the original one. It’s made by mugen power, if you Google it you'll find it. Not sure I can put a link for it. Anyway the jury is still out on whether it actually is better, or even it is 1800mah (despite saying on the label)

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest Cyberman_NI

Android is only realeased till 2.3.4 i guess its only the gmail app version which is 2.3.5 lolzzz

I have Android 2.3.5 running on my Samsung GS2, not sure what has changed mind you but bring it on trip!!!!

Guest M4CT4VISH

Hey Trip,

Thanks for awesome effort for bringing MIUI to X10. You've done some amazing work nobody else can match.

Now you've got camera and all more official resources and I think you can pretty much pull off the most beautiful ROM for X10.

--Latest bb = 71

--Some custom kernel, maybe Z's

--Bravia :P just for name's sake

--Include some ARC widgets, if MIUI launcher supports them (most launchers dont)

--free from junk apps

--camera + vid 100%

--MIUI of course

--Root + xrec 3 (stable)

--tweaks

but I'll advice you to fix the radio problems in 1.0 release (voice breaking over call, and very low call volume) and then go ahead.

~M

Guest ceskius

Hey Trip,

Thanks for awesome effort for bringing MIUI to X10. You've done some amazing work nobody else can match.

Now you've got camera and all more official resources and I think you can pretty much pull off the most beautiful ROM for X10.

--Latest bb = 71

--Some custom kernel, maybe Z's

--Bravia :P just for name's sake

--Include some ARC widgets, if MIUI launcher supports them (most launchers dont)

--free from junk apps

--camera + vid 100%

--MIUI of course

--Root + xrec 3 (stable)

--tweaks

but I'll advice you to fix the radio problems in 1.0 release (voice breaking over call, and very low call volume) and then go ahead.

~M

And I want some widget incluted in yours roms, like timescape, photo widget they realy cool :)

Guest Neel007

And I want some widget incluted in yours roms, like timescape, photo widget they realy cool :)

no need.. timescape will slow down the phone and it will kill the launcher and we will loose all stability of miui rom...

SE widgets are very heavy , needs a lot of memory

my 2 cent....

:)