[Project] "TripNDroid-Iris" [30-05 - Development stage]

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest brendox10

Great idea trip, MIUI for me i love it - went to the ARC rom for 1 day and could not handle not having all the menu's, & options that i have with MIUI.

This would be a huge project, but i think it would really put you up there with the best - from the links other people posted, looks like in the future there will be a variety of new UI's for android. i hope you can rustle up a good team of DEVs to support you on this project, i think it'd be great

Guest Realorasz
Great idea trip, MIUI for me i love it - went to the ARC rom for 1 day and could not handle not having all the menu's, & options that i have with MIUI.

This would be a huge project, but i think it would really put you up there with the best - from the links other people posted, looks like in the future there will be a variety of new UI's for android. i hope you can rustle up a good team of DEVs to support you on this project, i think it'd be great

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm no dev, but i do have some skills with Photoshop(though all I have vailable to me right now it GIMP, but I hope that'll soon change.)

My hope is that I'll be able to use what skills i have towards this. I will be honest, I'll probably start out being beter for ideas than for visual effects, but I want to help with this in any way possible.

Consider me signed on, Trip.

EDIT: Speaking of which, here's my first try at a preview of my idea for lockscreen. Later I'll have one that shows it as it is being dragged.

I have it so that once you choose something, by dragging it around to the bottom, you can lock it in just like on the current Miui/ Sense lockscreens. Going down.

(IF someone could tell me how to make the site downsize this that be awesome.

mylockscreen.png

Edited by Realorasz

Guest Realorasz

This one is the in-drag render. The yellow arrow on the right side would only be present if you were dragging an icon from the side, in which case the greens on top would disappear.

mylockscreen2.png

Guest erwindrums

wow the tat one is really beautiful i like that one the most...

hello Trip ...

you have always good ideas ....

I'd love to see a mix of these three interfaces .....

What do you think?

1. TAT HOME -

# t = 50

2. KITE UI -

# t = 44

3. HEARD UI - http://vimeo.com/18979345

Guest msprahalad
My idea for lockscreen:

Wheel interface!

FliBc.png

Deal is:

• Move the padlock out of the wheel to unlock,

• Rotate any icon 90­­° around the wheel (Phone, Messaging, Sound, Airplane mode) to activate it (phone = go to missed calls/phone book; messaging = read new messages; airplane mode = toggle on/off; sound = toggle sound/vibrate only/silent),

• Double tap the locker to enable music widget (no graphics, I'm too lazy etc.),

• Tap date to launch Calendar,

• Tap time to launch Alarms,

• There also could be battery percentage indicator, or something (again, too lazy)

• Whole wheel would be modifiable, ie. replace airplane mode with 'data over cellular network' toggle

That's it from me, hope you like it :D

Awesome!! WOW, @Trip reckon this please:)

Guest Alakasam
I had another idea. The lockscreen could have the old radial dial phone kinda feel to it. i.e. full circle was for unlock, half for phone, 3/4 for sms, etc. IF i can get my PS skills going I'll make a visual.

Hmm, I really like your idea!

I saw the quick mock-up pics, lets see, good idea!

I know it's only the start, but maybe a cleaner look?

I think it's wayyy too bright and colourful :o -

but hey, who's to judge on aesthetics here? We all bought the sexiest phone alive :D

Maybe you could have customizable colours, but that'd take way longer, so good idea!

I'll see if I can do a mock-up today, (my photoshop skills are terrible, but my lineart is good T__T - so I'll sketch something, and scan it in! :D)

Also, an idea for the whole UI idea and how we go about creating it, I'm a bit of a quirky guy, so I like fun things to do, and draw inspiration from say, other UI's

MIUI is based on the iPhone UI - we need something to base ours on.

We need to see what everyone wants!

IE; clean, simple look

easily customizable,

simple to use,

looks nice,

fast.. etc!

Just my penny,

Sam

Guest Cifer
Nice ones UI

i got an ideea 2

3d eyetracking UI

lol ... even one of the top comments say its not possible ... you need a front camera for it

Guest dogwoofer

As much as I think this is a great idea, and without wanting to put a dampener on things, we have to be realistic about this.

Creating a whole new UI for android is a huge undertaking, there are huge development teams for MIUI and CM7 - and CM7 is based on AOSP!

What is intention here for this ROM - is it going to be a heavily skinned version of MIUI/AOSP, or is it going to be a complete revamp with reworked everything, and custom system apps like MIUI has?

Guest amus76

I like the UI of the WP7, simple, design and clear...but the best is Sentio!

if you can do something like that mixed with a normal launcher, that is easy to use, it would be great

my idea of a lockscreen is: it has to be easy to use, slide even if you're not looking at your phone

Guest Albuster
lol ... even one of the top comments say its not possible ... you need a front camera for it

please quote that mesage because i can't find it. that's why i posted the link with my ideea.

sorry for disturbing

Guest tryantar

i personally whould like to have sentio UI and add the Kite UI clock =) im willing to give my time to photoshopping the icons etc. =D

and i would recommend the minimalistic concept =) its really better anyways and wont be filled with weird and various types of unmatching icons =)

Edited by tryantar

Guest magicyoda

Hi !

Thanks Trip for all you hard work !

About this project, I think it would be really time-eating to try building a whole now interface.

For The MIUI project.. I think there is several developers involved in it and the amont of work seems to be huge !

My advice would then be to focus on your MIUI roms because (or other existing UI) because they're really great, and this MIUI is enough for most of people round here ;-)

Guest PeterRock

This ROM should be a smooth and fast one, don't need too much 3D animations in the launcher.

I like the MIUI theme manager, file manager and music app.

But we need option of add/remove widgets from the notification bar (like CM) and use the volume buttons to change music when the screen's off.

And, if possible, the SE 2.1 stock camera apk.

I'm not a DEV or a Photoshopper but i wish to help giving ideas and testing the releases. C:

Guest Siddhesh21

Hey Trip :-)

Got a Huge Idea for UI,

EITHER I M A FOOL AND DREAMING TO BIG TONIGHT OR I CAN EXPECT THIS CAN BE DONE BY U.

This is gonna the be the first UI of its kind if it gets successful (as far I know).

THE IMAGES BELOW ARE SEARCHED ON GOOGLE AND EDITED BY ME JUST TO MAKE TRIP UNDERSTAND MY IDEA. NO OFFENCE WITH THE CREATORS OF THE IMAGES, IF U MADE THE IMAGES BELOW N WANT ME TO REMOVE THEN I WILL DO SO :-)

EVERYONE loves our nature, and there is too much need to protect our Earth. SO I felt you can make your new UI known as TripNDroid GAIA. Where You bring all our beautiful Nature and all the beautiful Creatures on our Earth into our X10.

I made some images below, not actually made them, just edited them to make my idea more clear. I don't mean the images to be too hq to make the screen lag, just a simple UI based on my following images. (I M SURE WHEN U WORK, THERE IS NO LAG :D ) and want the screen to be live, much better than the LIVEWALLPAPERS.

This Image shows how you pinch zoom out on the homescreen to select the home screens. All Screens which will look like our Earth and exposing content in the screens moving, just like watching the Earth from above and see all creatures so tiny. check the image down.

post-883289-1306869949_thumb.png

Another feature is that, when U receive an Email, the plane starts flying in the sky just to notify that u received an email. Very much live than the Live wallpapers :D like the one below

post-883289-1306870714_thumb.png

Next, 4 seasons we have, so you can change the season you want to change the Look in your home screen, whether to bring rain or autum aur greenfields. The UI should change according the season, the animals, gestures, feel etc... just like below

post-883289-1306870967_thumb.png

Guest Siddhesh21

Ever felt like planting flowers? NO?

Oh then try Planting them in your Android device. Plant Flowers on your Screen to add your Favourite Contacts. Touch the Flower to open the contact and other options. Love the Beautiful Flowers God made :D sample for contacts below:-

post-883289-1306871316_thumb.png

What can u make a scare crow do in feilds? Just scare crows? Well, if Trip feels, then we can get a Scare Crow which can do the following things for us:-

post-883289-1306871442_thumb.png

Guest Alakasam

@Siddhesh21

Above me,

I really like your idea,

But how complicated would it be to code and design for?

It's more akin to a say, "live wallpaper" right now, than an actual usable UI,

Sure it looks really nice, but how practical could it be?

Like for the "favourite contacts" flowers thing, it'd be hard to remember them all?

Just my penny,

Sam

Guest Siddhesh21
@Siddhesh21

Above me,

I really like your idea,

Like for the "favourite contacts" flowers thing, it'd be hard to remember them all?

Just my penny,

Sam

I know its complicated, but if there are other UI which looks complicated to remember where is what and what it does.

I m not a developer, got no knowledge about developing or coding but I still feel its simple. JUST like there are Icons on the screen, there Will be TREES and FLOWERS and OCEANS and BIRDS and PLANES. The difference in the icons we have today and in my Dream Icons is that they will be Animated, moving ones and very large which will continue in 2 or more screens. U select them from one screen or the other, the result is gonna be the same, its gonna open what they are made for.

And as far my observations, I have suggested to right person with a Very Sharp and Quality Brain Person (Trip). If he likes my Concept then it won't be far to get TripNDroid GAIA UI on our X10.

such an UI will be revolution and if not now from Trip, then SOMEDAY FOR SURE BY ME. :-)

Guest Siddhesh21

How can the Folders be if we think naturally???????

How about saving your favourite applications, files, games anything you like in a TREE?

Just Plant a TREE as a U make a folder in ur device, and Drag and Drop anything u like in it. HMM, how you gonna see the file, applications u saved in the TREE? FRUITS, yes, touch the TREE and u see ur FRUITS, I mean ur saved data in the TREE hanging on the TREE like a Fruit. U have your own TREE with FRUITS in ur DEVICE :D

post-883289-1306871887_thumb.png

Next is the Night mode, when the Sun sets and Moon rises with the Stars, you see all your apps in Stars and ur pets sleeping (Trip, you can add pets as your fav application or anything like that which keeps walking with u when u switch screens).......

post-883289-1306872166_thumb.png

Guest Siddhesh21
@Siddhesh21

Above me,

I really like your idea,

Just my penny,

Sam

Sorry I forgot for the Flower thing u said,

It won't be hard to remember cuz U give each contact a different colour flower, or the flower made by u or import it from the gallery, crop it and You have ur favourite Contact Ready with ur Favourite Flower :-)

Guest Siddhesh21

What for sms? Seen in movies that Dove used to deliver mails and letters.

So why not a Pegion (Dove) flying in the sky in ur Homescreen with an SMS?????

Instead of a pop up sms, U see a flying Dove, example of a bird holding UR sms and flying

post-883289-1306872933_thumb.png

Guest a1exander

Guys, come on!

The ideas above me would be sooo annoying after a while.

"Look for the small pigeon, i may have an email.."

I would like again, as in MIUI, a mix beetween all the leading phone OS. :D

Guest Siddhesh21

Last image for tonight is our Gallery,

This UI will contain LAND, SKY and CLOUDS, mountains (optional) and yes even SEA.

SEA is the where all the beautiful colours lie. Fishes, corals etc, so how about touching the water on ur Homescreen and opening ur Gallery, where colourful fishes swim with ur Images, Videos on their bodies???????? View ur Images inside the SEA.

post-883289-1306873410_thumb.png

Trip I m not good in photoshop so I could not make a UI of all the images I uploaded, just a big Concept which I know u can create.

Just put all the ideas in the Different Images I suggested into one, and YOUR UI will be the best Live UI ever made. :D

Didn't like the Concept? Then tell me, I will come back with a New one.

U are my favourite Developer, and I m gonna make few more concepts for UI, some can be more dangerously beautiful than this one, but I think you should go with this NATURE UI.

People need to be aware that our Earth is BEAUTIFUL. Who knows, what this UI can change and make people LOVE our Earth Again and stop spoiling OUR EARTH>

GOOD NIGHT :D