More ''internal'' memory?

Guest Filipe Catalao

Guest Filipe Catalao

Ok...

I've read a lot of things here, about something call ext Partitions, and so one.

So my noob question is:

with my SDCard, there's any way to ''virtually'' have more internal memory (space) ?

the problem of some apps that only install's on phone memory, full's it. :S and in some cases, the option to move it to SDcard is disabled.

BTW i'm using SSRLS5

Guest jeddy1
Ok...

I've read a lot of things here, about something call ext Partitions, and so one.

So my noob question is:

with my SDCard, there's any way to ''virtually'' have more internal memory (space) ?

the problem of some apps that only install's on phone memory, full's it. :S and in some cases, the option to move it to SDcard is disabled.

BTW i'm using SSRLS5

if u go for GEN1>GEN2 and install CM7 then you are going to have 303mb internal memory :D.i think that will be enough for you and everyone except if you want to install more than 100 apps

Edited by jeddy1

Guest targetbsp
Ok...

So my noob question is:

BTW i'm using SSRLS5

You can move apps that won't move to sd card like so: http://www.appbrain.com/app/move2sd-enable...installlocation Don't move things that have widgets you need though. Or keyboards.

The ext partition is mostly from the days before Android could use the SD Card itself.

The only way you can make the internal space bigger is to repartition the phone. The gen 2 converter will do this for you: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

Otherwise: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ol-alpha3-gen1/

Edited by targetbsp

Guest flshg

Having an ext partition is still useful though, as you can use it for just about all apps, including widgets and keyboards.

On a side note, does anyone know how to sort of do the opposite: I have a 256mb ext2 partition, which is close to being full, but still have over 163mb free on the phone data partition. Is it possible to move specific apps from ext back to the 'real' data/app folder?

I'm using ss5 which I believe uses darktremors a2sd.

Guest k0zmic
Having an ext partition is still useful though, as you can use it for just about all apps, including widgets and keyboards.

On a side note, does anyone know how to sort of do the opposite: I have a 256mb ext2 partition, which is close to being full, but still have over 163mb free on the phone data partition. Is it possible to move specific apps from ext back to the 'real' data/app folder?

I'm using ss5 which I believe uses darktremors a2sd.

You could manually move the Apk's via Root Explorer or ES File explorer from SD-Ext/app to /data/app I think.

Guest flshg
You could manually move the Apk's via Root Explorer or ES File explorer from SD-Ext/app to /data/app I think.

Thanks. I had thought about doing that but decided I was being stupid since it basically points to the same thing (doesnt it?) Actually I'll give it a go..

Edited: My original reply sounded like I thought the suggestion was stupid, which it isnt, but unfortunately a root explorer also sees the two folders as being the same, so it would end up overwriting itself.

Edited by flshg

Guest flshg
@flshg:

You could change the partitions on your SD card with GParted. :D

Thanks, thats a last resort option, as I'm using the stock 2gb sdcard so dont have a great deal of space to play with, hence the original 256mb ext (which seemed quite generous at the time). I'm really hoping to make use of that faster 163mb on the data partition.