Where to next?

Guest EDBANGER

Guest EDBANGER

I have the option of upgrading my phone in the next two months and I must say I've absolutley loved my Desire. It's been the phone I was hoping the Omnia was going to be and much much more. Looking around there's not much that even now seems as good as my Desire. The new HTC Sensation is a possibly contender but I was just wondering what the rest of you guys thought? What you gonna moveon to when the time comes?

ED

Guest BashyUK
I have the option of upgrading my phone in the next two months and I must say I've absolutley loved my Desire. It's been the phone I was hoping the Omnia was going to be and much much more. Looking around there's not much that even now seems as good as my Desire. The new HTC Sensation is a possibly contender but I was just wondering what the rest of you guys thought? What you gonna moveon to when the time comes?

ED

Well at the moment the Sensation still has a locked bootloader and HTC haven't confirmed if their unlocked bootloader policy is going to be implemented on the currently locked models i.e. Sensation and Desire S. So if you are looking at getting right now and to be able to root + ROM, it would have to be the Samsung Galaxy S2, which has a fully unlocked bootloader as standard , ripe for rooting and roms. Then again, a whole lot can happen in 2 months, if the Sensation is then unlocked by HTC, for me it's a no brainer due to my current Desire experience, I'm firmly in the HTC court come my upgrade next year.

An outsider is the Motorola Atrix, which from what I've read is not only locked but a Motorola :-p I don't get why they're so huge in the US, that one passed me right by.

• 2 weeks later...