Mounting EXT4

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

Hello all,

I partitioned my SD card to give my Acer Liquid more room for apps, and the partitioning part went fine. I also converted it up to an EXT4 partition. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get the EXT volume to mount. Apps2SD doesn't even see it listed & Link2SD can see the volume but won't mount it. I'm a windows 7 user and I don't have access to a linux box. I can and do use adb shell but so far I have been unsuccessful in attempting to mount the partition. Anyone know how to go about this and can help me out? BTW I have used Vache's AmonRa recovery rom to create the new partitions.

THX

Guest flshg

How is the sd card laid out? i.e. one fat32 partition of x size, followed by one ext4 partition of y size. Any swap partition?

Just that I've heard for a2sd to work, it has to be fat32 partition, then optional swap, last is ext2/3/4 (ext must also be a primary partition).

It could be that your rom doesnt support ext4, you could downgrade it to ext3 or ext2 (ext4 doesnt bring any benefits for a2sd anyway)

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
How is the sd card laid out? i.e. one fat32 partition of x size, followed by one ext4 partition of y size. Any swap partition?

Just that I've heard for a2sd to work, it has to be fat32 partition, then optional swap, last is ext2/3/4 (ext must also be a primary partition).

It could be that your rom doesnt support ext4, you could downgrade it to ext3 or ext2 (ext4 doesnt bring any benefits for a2sd anyway)

Thats the layoot I have but it wont mount ext2 & 3 are the same. I can't load apps2sd via adbshell either.