Can I install the UK Honeycomb if I alredy have the US on/

Guest jivkomk

Guest jivkomk

Hi. I just wonder can I install UK 3.1 on Wednesday if I alredy have US version installed on my Transformer? thanks for the hellp.

Guest artii_k
Hi. I just wonder can I install UK 3.1 on Wednesday if I alredy have US version installed on my Transformer? thanks for the hellp.

Yes you can but you have to roll back to previous WW (.9 or .13) version first otherwise you'll have to wait for root for 3.1and apply UK (WW) 3.1 through CWM or ADB

Hope this helps

Guest jivkomk
Yes you can but you have to roll back to previous WW (.9 or .13) version first otherwise you'll have to wait for root for 3.1and apply UK (WW) 3.1 through CWM or ADB

Hope this helps

If I just wait for UK 3.1 zip. file. Can I install without roll back? Because I have know idea how to roll back.

Guest artii_k
If I just wait for UK 3.1 zip. file. Can I install without roll back? Because I have know idea how to roll back.

I am afraid you will not be able to update using uk zip file due to different sku version, I have tried this with .9and .13 with no luck, it looks like there is some sort of sku comparison during update process.

The only way that i know of and tested is rolling back using .9or .13 us version then temp rooting the device and applying WW blob through adb , which btw is not that difficult.

If you want to find out more just have a look at xda eee pad section where you can find various guides that'll help you understand how this works or you can always ask:-)

Regards

Guest Idlefrog

I am in the same situation as I am in the UK and installed the leaked US 3.1 ROM. I have not tried rolling back yet.

I assume if I do nothing that in the future I will get the US over the air updates - is that correct?

Does it make any difference having the WW ROM to the US one? How do they differ?

Also, why was it possible to go from WW to US using the leaked ROM but not the other direction for downgrading? Had the leaked one been tweaked?

Thanks for any help.

Guest artii_k
I am in the same situation as I am in the UK and installed the leaked US 3.1 ROM. I have not tried rolling back yet.

I assume if I do nothing that in the future I will get the US over the air updates - is that correct?

I think you correct there, people were getting 3.1 OTA on TW version not being in Taiwan :D

Does it make any difference having the WW ROM to the US one? How do they differ?

Becouse there is only one (WiFi) version at the moment which means the same hardware (no CDAM/GSM) the only difference that I can think of may be app/country specific e.g US - Wikipedia, China - no Wikipedia;)

Also, why was it possible to go from WW to US using the leaked ROM but not the other direction for downgrading? Had the leaked one been tweaked?

As I mentioned before in 3.1 there seems to be some sort of SKU checker implemented (I was getting "Update failed" trying to load WW .9/.13 over 3.1 US, whereas any US build went OK) but I may be wrong;)

EDIT:

This method seems to work if you want to get WW version

Hope this helps;)

Edited by artii_k