Windows Phone 7 fully sync with Ouloot via USB?

Guest kaiyee

Guest kaiyee

I have been using a few generations of Windows Mobile devices mainly because they were very easyly & fully sync with Microsoft Outlook via USB or Bluetooth. I didn't switch to Iphone nor Android because both of these platforms can't sync as well.

I am planning to upgrade a WP7, can I check if it can sync fully with Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks & Notes) via USB?

Guest awarner

I thought I replied to this post before unless you have posted this elsewhere?

Tasks can not be synced, but Outlook as such can not be synced directly, instead you need to use Outlook connector which will sync with a Livemail account and inturn then sync with WP7 via Live.

Guest Looby

This is a similar method Google uses for it's Android system for syncing Outlook, i.e cloud based. Why do they go for such a complicated way which could compromise security when the other method is simpler and far more direct? :D

Guest awarner

Problem is MS do not supply Outlook with phones any more so unless you have a more expensive version of Office you will not have Outlook on your pc. So overall I would say Outlook users are more of a minority in the general scheme of things.

While Exchange ie business users in general can use Exchange for their Outlook needs.

• 2 months later...