noob android user here :(

Guest darkworldzz

Guest darkworldzz

hi all, i just switched from my omnia2 to galaxy S today. so i realize with all samsung phones, touchwiz is really bad but not as bad as on the i8000.. so is there anyway to disable it without flashing?? would it be as simple as downloading say adw launcher and set it as the home ui??

and how about rooting the phone? will it void the warranty?? sorry i am still new to android and has been using wm for the past two years :D

Thanks in advance!!

Guest hennerzg
hi all, i just switched from my omnia2 to galaxy S today. so i realize with all samsung phones, touchwiz is really bad but not as bad as on the i8000.. so is there anyway to disable it without flashing?? would it be as simple as downloading say adw launcher and set it as the home ui??

and how about rooting the phone? will it void the warranty?? sorry i am still new to android and has been using wm for the past two years :D

Thanks in advance!!

No root needed. Just download a new launcher from the Market. I prefer LaucherPro... but Gingerbread Launcher free is pretty good (simple and responsive).

You won't be able to get away from using the touchwiz dialler however. Unless someone would like to correct me.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Thanks in advance!!

If you want to use something like Titanium Backup - which I recommend - you need to root your phone.

It's a free program and is great for backing up user programs/data.

You can use this link for rooting ChainFire rooting.

Just download the one for the rom version you are using. Use odin to flash it. It provides some enhancements such as CWM.

Guest darkworldzz
If you want to use something like Titanium Backup - which I recommend - you need to root your phone.

It's a free program and is great for backing up user programs/data.

You can use this link for rooting ChainFire rooting.

Just download the one for the rom version you are using. Use odin to flash it. It provides some enhancements such as CWM.

thanks.. just rooted it.. last question can i flash another kernel over the chainfire root? say the voodoo lagfix. the thread by chainfire seem so complicated, i dont even know the kernel i used has the clockwork mod..

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest Gary Crutcher
thanks.. just rooted it.. last question can i flash another kernel over the chainfire root? say the voodoo lagfix. the thread by chainfire seem so complicated, i dont even know the kernel i used has the clockwork mod..

Yes, you can flash another kernel over the CF kernel.

When in recovery mode, at the top it will say ClockworkMod Recovery vx.x.x, if you have CWM installed.

The chainfire root should include CWM. If you flash another kernel you will lose CWM unless the new kernel

you flash has it.

Guest darkworldzz
Yes, you can flash another kernel over the CF kernel.

When in recovery mode, at the top it will say ClockworkMod Recovery vx.x.x, if you have CWM installed.

The chainfire root should include CWM. If you flash another kernel you will lose CWM unless the new kernel

you flash has it.

thanks that make it much more easier to understand. ^^