Data connection problem on streak

Guest mba07

Guest mba07

I have been running 354 for a while and it was fantastic.

Given 354 is not uk based it picked up the apn correctly and was working really well.

It started not using the data connection properly(start a search in any browser and the incoming/outcoming icons would light and then go out, light then go out).

It would get to the destination in the browser eventually.

I initially though signal strength might be the problem but even on full bars it has the same symptoms.

As streakdroid 1.9.0 had been so stable for me i thought i would go back to that.

Flashed 1.5.3 & then 1.9.0 and the amss that steve recommends(318 version i think).

Started getting a different issue, enter the correct apn details(confirmed against another streak) and now when switching on data sometime it comes on immediatley and sometimes takes about 5-10 mins.

I have factory reset and used the data format tool in the custom loader to try to clear all data before flashing.

Please any idea's

Will going back to 318 and start from scratch resolve this?

Does anybody think its a hardware fault?

Anybody had experience of this?

Guest mba07

An update to this is that after reflashing 1.9.0 i cant set up my existing google account.

The data icons are polling, it sits there trying to connect and then states it cant establish a reliable data connection to the server.

If i disconnect the data in settings it takes about 1-2 minutes before this goes from the status bar.

Edited by mba07

Guest mba07

What does anybody think of the problem?

I need to get an idea of whether it is a physical proble that needs to be dealt with by o2 or if it is a software issue which i can deal with.

Any idea's fards, steve, other streak guru's!