Blade upgrade gone wrong

Guest strugglerCoG

Guest strugglerCoG

Hi.

I was was trying to update my daughter's zte Blade/OSF using the instructions on a website (http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-install-custom-roms-android-2-2-from-scratch-on-the-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade/), and all was going well until I got the message "The application Recovery Manager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." .

I tried to follow the instructions included in the guide for this RecoveryManager problem; 'If you have already rooted your phone, root it again. Then from the app list on your phone, go to Settings -> Manage Applications -> Recovery Manager -> Clear data -> OK. Now turn off your phone and turn it on again. Launch Recovery Manager from the app list on your phone and follow from Step 32.'

However there was no 'clear data' option, only 'uninstall' or 'clear cache' - I clicked 'clear cache' , turned off phone, turned it on again and tried to launch Recovery Manager - now all I get is this message ' "The application Recovery Manager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

Have I knackered her phone? Is there any way to try and put it right or even put it back to how it was?

I'm in a spot of bother here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.