GUIDE How to dual boot

Guest Sharaz

Guest Sharaz

This Thread will tell you how to dual boot stock firmware with custom rom only 2.2 and 2.3 roms are supported with reasonable memory this should work with any custom rom

Xrecovery 1.0.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?c75u68jeakiasn1

Download this and extract do not flash with xrecovery place the file xrecovery.tar in system/bin folder and sh file in system/xbin. Note Flash custom rom before installing this new xrecovery

Stock Firmware link flash this with new xrecovery

http://www.mediafire.com/?bu01bvv34qbnsyk

After you followed these step boot into Boot into xRecovery, select "Boot custom ROM/kernel" and stock firmware should boot up to boot custom rom just restart phone.

Credit to zdzihu for making this work on our X10

Only 49/52 baseband

Tested with: FreeX10 beta4, Woflbreak's CM, AOSP 2.3 Tripnfroyo 1.0.8

Edited by Sharaz

Guest PhrozenFear

Way to NOT give credit to Z for this one... just because he's not here, doesn't mean you can't credit him. Just because we aren't on XDA doesn't mean we can diss them like they were accused of dissing others there.

Z made this proof-of-concept, posted it up on XDA, and left it up to other Dev's to see if they wanna work it into their stuff or not.

Guest Anant Shrivastava
Way to NOT give credit to Z for this one... just because he's not here, doesn't mean you can't credit him. Just because we aren't on XDA doesn't mean we can diss them like they were accused of dissing others there.

Z made this proof-of-concept, posted it up on XDA, and left it up to other Dev's to see if they wanna work it into their stuff or not.

One more thing to note which is missing here.

This release will never be worked on and will not be improved so if you face issues its all yours....

thats's why it was marked for dev's and advance users only.

OP i think you need to put these on top post .

MOD : once top post is updated you can delete my comment....

Guest Dario93

Hey Sharaz, this is only a warning. Just leave the right credits and update your topic with right infos.

Regards,

D.

EDIT: Thanks for editing sharaz :D

Guest Anant Shrivastava

Just a quick update me and DooMLorD over at XDA are working on some ROM mod's so wait for day or two and you might not even need to go to Xrec 1.0.0 for this......

P.S. I am successfully using this dualboot method on my Xrec 0.3 with some mod's...

Once i am done with testing the stability of image file i will upload and share the zip with all.....

also the thing that needs to be noted is that the zip right now takes up a lot of space

/system - 230 MB or so

/data - 230 MB or so

OP : a lot of discussion is going on in XDA forum on this topic.

If i understand these forums correctly we can cross post references to each other... I would suggest adding a reference to XDA thread also.

MOD : i hope i am not violating any rules by suggesting a linkback

Edited by Anant Shrivastava

Guest Dario93
Just a quick update me and DooMLorD over at XDA are working on some ROM mod's so wait for day or two and you might not even need to go to Xrec 1.0.0 for this......

P.S. I am successfully using this dualboot method on my Xrec 0.3 with some mod's...

Once i am done with testing the stability of image file i will upload and share the zip with all.....

also the thing that needs to be noted is that the zip right now takes up a lot of space

/system - 230 MB or so

/data - 230 MB or so

OP : a lot of discussion is going on in XDA forum on this topic.

If i understand these forums correctly we can cross post references to each other... I would suggest adding a reference to XDA thread also.

MOD : i hope i am not violating any rules by suggesting a linkback

No problems for the linkback :D

I wonder if this kind of dual boot can be ported to other phones :D

Guest Anant Shrivastava
No problems for the linkback :D

I wonder if this kind of dual boot can be ported to other phones :D

I am yet to check this ..

Will get to lay my hands on a Samsung Galaxy S by end of this month so then i will check if its possible.

however on otherphones where recovery can be flashed its already there as a dualboot option one normal boot and one recovery boot os.

albiet the recovery gets lost in that case.

that's why i love Xperia X10 so much....

till you actually throw a brick on it, its very hard to brick...

Guest Anant Shrivastava

OP,

Please add below mentioned two link on your top post.

[W.I.P] Dualboot System.ext2 images Collection = http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1112943

there we are keeping a collection of all .ext2 images in one thread.

Dual-boot your favourite custom ROM with stock firmware = http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1107111

Z's thread

Guest gregbradley

I am running wolfbreaks 2.2 rom with his (From his thread on xda) custom kernal (3.47 not 3.49 I find 3.47 just fine!)

I have followed this thread to dualboot into a custom 2.1 rom as well...as wolf rom.

The custom kernal work perfect on both roms.

many thanks to DooMLoRD for all his help in getting me set up, but if you follow our posts on there you will see how to overcome difficulties if you are a noob like me.

And thanks to Anant Shrivastava for his help as well:)

The way I see it is...my x10i is running 2.1 and 2.2.......2.2+2.1=4.3 Forget Honeycomb...I have Icecream!!!!

Edited by gregbradley