[Q] How do you flash a new baseband?

Guest mohcine1995

Guest mohcine1995

Hi i'm new to the baseband/kernel flashing, so if you guys don't mind you could help me.

Do you flash a new baseband through xrecovery? :S i dont have a clue on how to flash a baseband

Help appreciated. thanks for reading this.

Guest RabetiOnline
Hi i'm new to the baseband/kernel flashing, so if you guys don't mind you could help me.

Do you flash a new baseband through xrecovery? :S i dont have a clue on how to flash a baseband

Help appreciated. thanks for reading this.

here on the web.

Guest mohcine1995
Check out my thread dude its here...

Wow thank you very much its very clear on your thread, but i have one more questions, will it void my warranty? and if i do it wrong what could possibly happen?

thanks

Guest Blaven
Wow thank you very much its very clear on your thread, but i have one more questions, will it void my warranty? and if i do it wrong what could possibly happen?

thanks

What could go wrong?

That depends on the situation.

-If you flash it without unchecking "wipe user data", you will lose your contacts, messages, apps, etc..

-If you are on the stock rom, you can actually just update your baseband by searching for updates on your phone itself, no need for flashing then.

-If you are on a custom rom and you flash it over the old one and it is not compatible with it, you will be stuck in a bootloop and need to downgrade the baseband again.

Even if it's just a baseband flash always make backups trough a backup program, I recommend Titanium Backup since it's fast, stable and gets frequently updated. :D