Realistic battery life?

Guest studiosonic

Guest studiosonic

I seem to be getting conflicting info about the battery life of this thing. Some people seem to say that it gets significantly better after several charges. But then I hear people taking it back because it lasts about 16 hrs on standby! I presume people who say that and then take it back have not given the phone enough charges to get the battery life more acceptable?

So, to people who've been using the phone for over a week now - how long could the SPV be on standby, perhaps sending a few txts too?? I'm not interested in what it is after heavy gprs use/games playing/voice calls. Just basic standby and a few txts.

Most of the time i could dock it in the evening and charge it, but it would be nice to know that i could go away on sat morning with it, and have it still running on sun eve!!! (just after being on standby)

Thanks!

Guest MartinS

I am the one who only got 16 hours in standby :D I had charged the phone 6 times in the 7 days I had it, always charging it properly.

One time the phone lasted for around 30 hours with no use whatsoever, but any kind of small use, say 5-10 minutes of calls or GPRS and the battery seemed to drop like a stone.

During its last 16 hours in standby before it died again, I did in fairness receive several text messages and sent 2 texts myself, which will have used 2-3 minutes with the backlight on, but sheesh, 16 hours :roll: